Jump to content
Azizka15

Why are European Lineage 2 servers so poorly developed?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This is a DISCUSSION and only a DISCUSSION

 

 

 

Hey MxC world,

 

I'm an old time member of the forum, since 2010 to be exact, and I've been playing L2 prior to joining. I have experience with various platforms, chronicles, and the game in general. 

 

I was born in a Russian-speaking household and raised in Canada. And in order for me to retain my native language I play on RU servers (private mainly)

 

THIS is where the question of mine comes in.

 

I've played on EU private servers advertised on TopZone, L2HopZone, and here all the way back in 2012 and even now. One thing remained, the EU private servers are bad. There is no other way to put it but it's bad. And very bad to add to that.

 

It seems like in EU people start servers every day, they just pop one after another, with ridiculous features. Safe enchant of 15? Max enchant of 30? 100% enchant scrolls? Apella/Ferum/??? sets? 

 

Why are EU servers so poorly developed?

 

I'm not saying RU servers are flawless and the devs make no mistakes, for some reason the RU admins know what attracts players. 

 

In what world is a 7 year long server with no-wipe a good thing? Do you think I want to join a place where people have been playing for 7 years with no wipe? How can I ever reach their gear?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I open the topsites for EU servers and the Private Servers section here and it's disappointment. EU has been failing at L2 Private Servers for almost a decade.... and it's sad

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

EDIT: In almost all EU servers there is a 100% enchant scroll. In RU private servers they don't exist. Enchanting is a CHANCE feature. It should never be something 100% attainable. Everything else in the game is attainable indefinitely. Enchanting is the ONE thing that should be chance based.

Edited by Azizka15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in my opinion the problem starts with the "Oh, l2crap had 5000people online, i will buy the same pack and launch a server, and of course, as he did, i will have 5k on".

 

And i am not referring to clean packs (aCis,l2jserver, etc). I am referring to these "everything is changed" preconfigured packs.

 

People will choose the easy way to open a server (buy a pack with all features in it), so their minds have nothing to think in order to be innovative. Simple because, when you copy the guy next to you, there is no innovation. Without innovation, you are just another dude who owns a casual server.

 

The solution: Start with a clean pack, add only the things you want in your server. It might a hard decision. but in the end, (again in my opinion) it will pay you out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's exactly as Solomun said. EU servers are just copy-pastes of files/features/etc. There is really nothing new/innovative on any private mid-rate server you visit. It's just the same thing over and over, it's almost as if it's insanity. People just copy files, change up only a few things, they run the server for couple of months and repeat expecting more people to join, more donations etc. But everytime - it doesn't happen. 

 

To be able to make a good and attractive server would be in my opinion, setting up a site first, buy clean files and start working from scratch, post on site/forums some updates, make some polls about how people would like the server to be - or inform them on how the server you visualize is going to be, start advertising prior to server start (months before even, if you can afford it) and start creating a base of players etc.

 

Personally what I want to do is gather a startup of like 20-30k euros for everything, then do the above steps, hire the best possible DEVS (not 1 but 2 or even 3) so there is work flow, see what we have to work on and start going.. I wouldn't want to rush things like most people do, I would like to work for it so even if it fails - it pays out in satisfaction. But i'm pretty sure it wouldn't fail, because I made prior planning and started advertising early, was active in talking with the community etc. I would like to have some unique server, something original, but nothing to do with custom shit. Keep almost everything retail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Azizka15 said:

This is a DISCUSSION and only a DISCUSSION

 

 

 

Hey MxC world,

 

I'm an old time member of the forum, since 2010 to be exact, and I've been playing L2 prior to joining. I have experience with various platforms, chronicles, and the game in general. 

 

I was born in a Russian-speaking household and raised in Canada. And in order for me to retain my native language I play on RU servers (private mainly)

 

THIS is where the question of mine comes in.

 

I've played on EU private servers advertised on TopZone, L2HopZone, and here all the way back in 2012 and even now. One thing remained, the EU private servers are bad. There is no other way to put it but it's bad. And very bad to add to that.

 

It seems like in EU people start servers every day, they just pop one after another, with ridiculous features. Safe enchant of 15? Max enchant of 30? 100% enchant scrolls? Apella/Ferum/??? sets? 

 

Why are EU servers so poorly developed?

 

I'm not saying RU servers are flawless and the devs make no mistakes, for some reason the RU admins know what attracts players. 

 

In what world is a 7 year long server with no-wipe a good thing? Do you think I want to join a place where people have been playing for 7 years with no wipe? How can I ever reach their gear?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I open the topsites for EU servers and the Private Servers section here and it's disappointment. EU has been failing at L2 Private Servers for almost a decade.... and it's sad

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

EDIT: In almost all EU servers there is a 100% enchant scroll. In RU private servers they don't exist. Enchanting is a CHANCE feature. It should never be something 100% attainable. Everything else in the game is attainable indefinitely. Enchanting is the ONE thing that should be chance based.

I will agree with you I always hated this 100% enchant scrolls, no luck, no agony, no fun. That was always the positive aspect of this game can't get op gear if you ain't lucky, or bloody rich. Anyway I am of the opinion that donations should not allowed someone to get max enchant items. For example if max is +20. Max donated items should be no more than +18. My point is that server owners give all their attention at making end game entertaining(Kappa), but this game was never about the end game, it was about struggling to reach end game, but you could never do so. Well this ruins all the fun mostly mid and pvp servers were you can obtain max gear in a matter of days-weeks. I am really interested in your opinions guys, plz refer to everything that you think it should change. I am planning to open a project in the future and I am looking forward to find what the community finds attractive or disgusting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, JohnBoy13 said:

I am really interested in your opinions guys, plz refer to everything that you think it should change. I am planning to open a project in the future and I am looking forward to find what the community finds attractive or disgusting 

its really sad. Join to the most popular servers and take a look what they did. You will find out safe +8 max +30, donations 10E for full weap enchant + 1 active etc etc.. i'm using the word sad because it is lol. L2 is no longer a game that the players are gonna enjoy it. Administrators (ok most of them) opening servers clearly for money and they dont look even their bugs lol (check skylord)... Also l2 is dying every day so do not expect miracles...

Edited by melron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, melron said:

its really sad. Join to the most popular servers and take a look what they did. You will find out safe +8 max +30, donations 10E for full weap enchant + 1 active etc etc.. i'm using the word sad because it is lol. L2 is no longer a game that the players are gonna enjoy it. Administrators (ok most of them) opening servers clearly for money and they dont look even their bugs lol (check skylord)... Also l2 is dying every day so do not except miracles...

Every administrator is like that. Money corrupts. So server automatically becomes business, but still this doesn't mean a server can't be enjoyable. This moto (donations are only for keep the server running) is pure bullshit at least 99% of the cases. Well administrators can certainly gain money from their server especially when they are spending endless hours for it, but most of them get greedy, they don't give a shit about players opinions whether they have donated or not and you can find everything at the donation list, if there is not a hidden one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the Europeans players are the same too (of course with some exceptions).. they jump servers very easily when they are defeated etc.

Anyway regarding Poorly Developed servers is indeed truth all the files in the market has thousand of bugs.

I was playing playinera and i can say the quality was very superior that any other server/files i played.

https://maxcheaters.com/topic/214689-l2j-playinera/?page=11&tab=comments#comment-2662785


Some times i send their changelogs to other servers i play and have similar bugs but of course they don't care, just to grab the donations :/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, melron said:

its really sad. Join to the most popular servers and take a look what they did. You will find out safe +8 max +30, donations 10E for full weap enchant + 1 active etc etc.. i'm using the word sad because it is lol. L2 is no longer a game that the players are gonna enjoy it. Administrators (ok most of them) opening servers clearly for money and they dont look even their bugs lol (check skylord)... Also l2 is dying every day so do not expect miracles...

that's what happens well you play only bad servers :) join more serious servers like valhalla/dream/bt/gamers and the list goes on 

Edited by MrPro*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxdem said:

Russian l2 community is a highly retarded and autistic one, russian L2 is still on business so guess why the ru admins make more tryhard.. Yeah you've guessed right, $$$

the "highly retarded and autistic " community that you are talking about have by far the best interlude CPs/Clans/solo players ,so how exactly you can even say that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrPro* said:

that's what happens well you play only bad servers :) join more serious servers like valhalla/dream/bt/gamers and the list goes on 

well i have to play more than 4 years l2 but im joining for the ideas. It's a fact that from 400 live servers 3 -4 of them are good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrPro* said:

the "highly retarded and autistic " community that you are talking about have by far the best interlude CPs/Clans/solo players ,so how exactly you can even say that ?

Because they also have the biggest no life community? Or paid to play community? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, melron said:

well i have to play more than 4 years l2 but im joining for the ideas. It's a fact that from 400 live servers 3 -4 of them are good...

join ru or br servers they are by far better than 99% of the europe servers , balance/gameplay/set up , is like 10 lvls above each europe server 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JohnBoy13 said:

Because they also have the biggest no life community? Or paid to play community? 

so since they are  playing to get paid for you they are retarded and autistic ? cause for me it is like genius idea, or you want to tell me that all streamers are retarded and autistic as well since they are playing to get paid .

Edited by MrPro*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MrPro* said:

so since they are  playing to get paid for you they are retarded and autistic ? cause for me it is like genius idea, or you want to tell me that all streamers are retarded and autistic as well since they are playing to get paid .

Sorry you misunderstood my reply was referring to the best CPs... Not to the autistic-retard... part of the sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

idk why still in 2k18 ppl talking just about interlude shit servers,

 

wtf, if you have little brain, you will find decent server with decent ppl, and not trash servers with lot of bugs and low online 

 

thats why l2 comunity dying every day, since ppl chose every day trash servers and not decent ( yea decent servers are corrupted, but atleast they got better files then homemade servers) 

Edited by AchYlek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×