Why are European Lineage 2 servers so poorly developed?

4 hours ago, MrPro* said:

the "highly retarded and autistic " community that you are talking about have by far the best interlude CPs/Clans/solo players ,so how exactly you can even say that ?

every competive gamer has moved into other games, tryharders are only the russians in 2k18

16 hours ago, xxdem said:

every competive gamer has moved into other games, tryharders are only the russians in 2k18

there are still competitors and try-harders even in pac man /tetris/super mario/street fight and etc so what ? 

Edited by MrPro*

12 hours ago, MrPro* said:

they are still competitors and try-harders even in pac man /tetris/super mario/street fight and etc so what ? 

these are classics you dumbass, you can't compare lineage with a retro super stars of the 90s

Edited by xxdem

36 minutes ago, xxdem said:

these are classics you dumbass, you can't compare lineage with a retro super stars of the 90s

i didn't compare something you just said" 

every competive gamer has moved into other games

"
so i am just proving that something like that isn't true , plus for some people l2 might be classic as well 

58 minutes ago, MrPro* said:

i didn't compare something you just said" 

every competive gamer has moved into other games

"
so i am just proving that something like that isn't true , plus for some people l2 might be classic as well 

some people with bellow average intelligence, yes

On 6/14/2018 at 4:23 AM, Azizka15 said:

Why are EU servers so poorly developed?

few reasons for that, there's fault lying on creator's side, and community side (as a bonus, last but not least, issues of the game itself)

lets start with former

1. lack of time to develop proper files

2. lack of passion for the good old times in the game

3. lack of skill and knowledge to do what needs to be done

4. lack of ideology about what a good server is and no ideas how to actually IMPROVE the game itself (improve is a keyword here, more later)

now problem on the community side (on the sad side, they are both connected and dependable on each other)

1. lack of dedication to play on one server (server jumpers)

2. lack of support and understanding for unexpected events

(which honestly can sometimes happen, lets give as an example playInera, where there was that event with overlooked high drop rate from certain mobs which ruined the market and server economy in general)

3. servers lifespan, which because of lazy and bored community is shorter and shorter due to high rates

4. this may sound bit ridiculous, but because of forums like this and people supporting other creators, which have no idea about java or developing anything in general, there are sh*t ton of crappy servers because people think they can make a pvp server from free files and make some money. because of the easily accessible files for the game, it became a challenge to find and appreciate well developed server without wasting much of our precious time

people now and community itself is older than it was when we all began in 2004+ (as i did), we got families, jobs to do, can't spend time on testing servers to play on, hence we choose servers that are well advertised through paid banners and popups. but its OBVIOUS that if they paid for such things they want the money back, thats how you get safe enchant scrolls or full items from donations, blame on you

bonus content: game issues

1. chronicles differences, some people don't like newer chronicles because of their features or content, the other way around people don't like eg. interlude because graphics, lack of some features which players got fond of, or lack of content and quick boredom, which some players here already mentioned

now,

let me address some of that issues that can be addressed, as commenting on community mentality is pointless and won't change anything. what can be changed though is the server creators approach and ideology, and as myself, which develop files for some time now, i can tell you few things

1. you cannot have a good server without investing your free time in it as a developer

as i already mentioned, i am developing files of my own for some time now, and no, you never heard of me, despite me having an account here since 2008 (can't use it for this purpose though). key to success is first to develop and test your files, to then release a server and not have thousands of bugs which admins didn't bother to look for prior to launching

2. you cannot have a good server with developer that does not care for the game and sake of players playing on it

that is putting full items in donation shops and imbalancing the game, which a good dev would never do, because it's like stabbing your own kid

3. lack of skill

some devs do care about their creation, but simply do not have enough knowledge and skill to do what needs to be done, and despite their determination, they cannot overcome bugs

4. the most important part, lack of ideology and general grasp of what NEEDS TO BE DONE to the game itself for it to become playable and enjoyable

im sure most of you guys will agree that there are some aspects of the game that despite being retail like, you would love to see them changed, the same thing goes for new content

let me give you an example - in my opinion, bsoe or cp potions are just pain in the arse and unnecessary, they make pvp unpleasant, not to mention all that cp potion bots etc.

why i've never seen a server with these things REMOVED? wouldn't you agree that server without cp potions would be a better and more competitive place?

well, as a conclusion, i will tell you this

I am the main developer of a new, unannounced project that will change your perspective of l2 servers and java itself. You can expect:

- pvp improvements (no cp potions and such)

- most of l2off features, with improved elements

- balanced classes (actually balanced, which means tweaked unused skills, improved old skills and implemented NEW skills for worse classes)

- improved supports role and importance in active pvp

- plenty of QoL (quality of life) changes

- new challenges, new monsters, new areas, new items, alchemy, new unique items - simply saying more content

For now i can tell you it's gonna be low rate interlude (but trust me you've never seen interlude like that)

Soon i'll be posting more information with invites for Closed Beta (you heard me right, we gonna launch closed beta first and pick people from this forum that will be willing to test our server, reason for that being we don't want other devs to look up our features)

Edited by Syrus

1 hour ago, Syrus said:

few reasons for that, there's fault lying on creator's side, and community side (as a bonus, last but not least, issues of the game itself)

lets start with former

4. lack of ideology about what a good server is and no ideas how to actually IMPROVE the game itself (improve is a keyword here, more later)

now problem on the community side (on the sad side, they are both connected and dependable on each other)

(which honestly can sometimes happen, lets give as an example playInera, where there was that event with overlooked high drop rate from certain mobs which ruined the market and server economy in general)

3. servers lifespan, which because of lazy and bored community is shorter and shorter due to high rates

4. this may sound bit ridiculous, but because of forums like this and people supporting other creators, which have no idea about java or developing anything in general, there are sh*t ton of crappy servers because people think they can make a pvp server from free files and make some money. because of the easily accessible files for the game, it became a challenge to find and appreciate well developed server without wasting much of our precious time

people now and community itself is older than it was when we all began in 2004+ (as i did), we got families, jobs to do, can't spend time on testing servers to play on, hence we choose servers that are well advertised through paid banners and popups. but its OBVIOUS that if they paid for such things they want the money back, thats how you get safe enchant scrolls or full items from donations, blame on you

1. chronicles differences, some people don't like newer chronicles because of their features or content, the other way around people don't like eg. interlude because graphics, lack of some features which players got fond of, or lack of content and quick boredom, which some players here already mentioned

now,

let me address some of that issues that can be addressed, as commenting on community mentality is pointless and won't change anything. what can be changed though is the server creators approach and ideology, and as myself, which develop files for some time now, i can tell you few things

1. you cannot have a good server without investing your free time in it as a developer

as i already mentioned, i am developing files of my own for some time now, and no, you never heard of me, despite me having an account here since 2008 (can't use it for this purpose though). key to success if first to develop and test your files, to then release a server and not have thousands of bugs which admins didn't bother to look for prior to launching

2. you cannot have a good server with developer that does not care for the game and sake of players playing on it

that is putting full items in donation shops and imbalancing the game, which a good dev would never do, because it's like stabbing your own kid

3. lack of skill

some devs do care about their creation, but simply do not have enough knowledge and skill to do what needs to be done, and despite their determination, they cannot overcome bugs

4. the most important part, lack of ideology and general grasp of what NEEDS TO BE DONE to the game itself for it to become playable and enjoyable

im sure most of you guys will agree that there are some aspects of the game that despite being retail like, you would love to see them changed, the same thing goes for new content

let me give you an example - in my opinion, bsoe or cp potions are just pain in the arse and unnecessary, they make pvp unpleasant, not to mention all that cp potion bots etc.

why i've never seen a server with these things REMOVED? wouldn't you agree that server without cp potions would be a better and more competitive place?

I am the main developer of a new, unannounced project that will change your perspective of l2 servers and java itself. You can expect:

- balanced classes (actually balanced, which means tweaked unused skills, improved old skills and implemented NEW skills for worse classes)

- new challenges, new monsters, new areas, new items, alchemy, new unique items - simply saying more content

For now i can tell you it's gonna be low rate interlude (but trust me you've never seen interlude like that)

Soon i'll be posting more information with invites for Closed Beta (you heard me right, we gonna launch closed beta first and pick people from this forum that will be willing to test our server, reason for that being we don't want other devs to look up our features)

Looking forward to preview. 

1 hour ago, Syrus said:

lets start with former

now,

as i already mentioned, i am developing files of my own for some time now, and no, you never heard of me, despite me having an account here since 2008 (can't use it for this purpose though). key to success if first to develop and test your files, to then release a server and not have thousands of bugs which admins didn't bother to look for prior to launching

3. lack of skill

I happened to catch this and I genuinely thought it was a very nice read. Was simply looking for our old thread and stumbled on your collection of thoughts. Simply put, a lot of your frustration resides with the equilibrium that exists between budget, development, talent, patience, and time. We could certainly have a great conversation on the topic one day, should you be interested.

I think the most important of them all, however, is the willingness to learn and progress further than before. Mistakes happen, the key is to rectify them and continue to develop until someone like yourself can say,

"Damn that was a brilliant project. The memories...."

We spent the past year doing just that. See you on these boards once again ;)

-Vice

It's just insanity that I'm seeing in the forum's private server sections projects with safe enchants of 25 or so on Pvp servers. I'm in awe at such stupidity. To add a safe enchant of 25 is abysmal and I wonder how these "devs' justify these features...

Its simple, after innova appeared , ru server owners had access to files that eu servers didnt had (ex:rpgclub) . After few years , balance was restored :) . Same was in yearly years of l2 when all srv were eu and usa and ru servers didnt even existed.

there are some good eu projects well developed. Just need search more 

To be visible on russian toplist you need to pay a lot of money. Through Topzone/Hopzone every small server can have a chance to gather 100-500 players. Top eu servers arent worse than top russian servers when it comes to features and amount of bugs, it's just for many russian server owners l2 is a business so they try harder to make everything look better. 

59 minutes ago, vampir said:

To be visible on russian toplist you need to pay a lot of money. Through Topzone/Hopzone every small server can have a chance to gather 100-500 players. Top eu servers arent worse than top russian servers when it comes to features and amount of bugs, it's just for many russian server owners l2 is a business so they try harder to make everything look better. 

either you have to play wayyyyyyyy too many years or you join some really really dead and shitty ru servers with 10-20 online to  compare ru files with eu :D 

1 minute ago, vampir said:

My h5 pack on which i have set tales server for example, was very similar or better than any java ru pack

my bad i was talking about interlude files