[L2J] L2Nexus (Changed Server-Host)

hNoke

Forums and website back online.

L2Nexus is a new custom Freya PvP server, a server which you've never seen before.

There are major gameplay changes done to classes, skills, farming system, PvP, items, pretty much everything. We took all the silly/boring parts of Lineage 2 and reworked them into something better. Lineage 2 PvP system is mostly based on luck, we changed that, now it's mostly based on the player's knowledge and skill. All skills have been reworked (debuffs, stuns, etc. have much shorter duration, they their land chance is very high; this results in PvP being MUCH more than just spamming the same nuke skill.), lots of new skills have been added, all classes are customized for PvP and there are dozens of ways to customize your characer's and playstyle using different items. 
Don't worry though, despite all those changes, the game still feels like Lineage 2
and it certainly will not take you long to get used to it. Soon enough, I'm sure you will start to like this way more than the default L2

Things that stand out on this server are:

1. All classes balanced, all ready for PvP. All classes are fun to play.
* Classes useless in PvP such as EE, PP, SE have been reworked and are now different, for example EE is a mixture of offensive fighter and mage and allows player to play both roles at the same time; PP is a lightweight polearmer that is great at chasing opponents. Classes such as BD, SWS, WC were made more fun to play (for example, BD builds up soul stacks by critting his target, once he acquires enought souls, he's able to hit with powerful skills; WC is great at supporting his party by casting party-buffs that require Ashes, which is an item you get by hitting enemies with the skill Burning Chop), and MUCH more.
* We've spent about a year at balancing and improving classes and we did not stop ever since. The PvP is fast and responsive.

2. Hundreds of carefully-created new items which you can use to customize your character/play-style
* Many new armor/weapon/jewel sets; about 120 Unique weapons (each gives completely unique bonuses that improve or sometimes even change the way you play your character. Those weapons are usually dropped from mobs. They are also tradeable and they do not require you to enchant them as they are already strong - you get a weapon and this means that you can use it immediatelly, you don't have to spend a couple of hours to enchant it)
* Talismans - you can unlock up to 6 talisman slots; there are 6 sets of talismans with different colors, each set gives the same bonuses but only talisman from one set (color) can be woren at a time; this gives you ability to build up your own bonuses. Wanna boost your P.atk? Just get 6 talismans that all increase P.atk. Your attack speed sucks? Get 3 talismans for Atk. speed and 3 talismans for P.atk. The talismans do not disappear over time.
* Hair Accessories - each accessory gives its own bonuses - some raise P.atk and Critical rate, some give you even more P.atk in exchange for lowered P.def, some are more special and for instance increase the amount of drops you get, etc.
* Tattoos (Runes) - they give you several very powerful and cool-looking skills you can use against mobs, those skills require Battle and Magic symbols (which you drop from mobs as well). They make killing mobs fun (who wouldn't like to cast a huge expensive Blizzard that deals massive damage to all mobs near you?)

3. Events and Monster Zones that ensure you won't get bored
* We are running Nexus Event Engine of version 3.0 (unavailable for other servers), which provides us many automatic events (Team vs Team, Capture the Flag, Domination (your team needs to capture a zone to win), Mass Domination (your team needs to capture multiple zones to win), Deathmatch (all vs all), Last Man Standing (similar to Deathmatch, but if you die you won't respawn until next round), Advanced Team vs Team (some players from your team are made strong and heal your team, they are like your bosses, you have to protect them), Lucky Chests (you kill chests in a small arena and crazy things happen), Zombies (players get bows, zombies bite and are fast, 1hit=kill), Mutant (some players are made OP and you have to cooperate to kill them), Treasure Hunt (search for and open NPC chests to get rewards), Hunting Grounds (1hit=kill TvT); 1v1 event (you register, engine finds you a matching opponent and makes you fight in a separated arena), 2v2 event (you can fight in the arena with a buddy of your choice), Party vs Party (your party can register to challenge another party), Korean Party vs Party (the famous korean-style event now made automatic)
* Dynamic PvP zone - a special kind of PvP zone, it's like TvT where you don't respawn until all players from one team are dead
* Chaotic PvP zone - no rules (you can PK without getting karma)
* 3 farming zones: Hyena Zone (the easy zone for the newbies, contains Healing Herbs, Mushrooms that will bring mobs close together so you can take them down easily, etc.), Hunters Zone (advanced zone with many interesting mobs that have custom AI, an example is a very slow Golem that deals massive hits and summons little Rootlets that will try to immobilize you to prevent you from running), Dragon Valley Cave (has three parts, 1st part = duo zone, 2nd part = AOE zone with hordes of skeletons that die in large numbers, 3rd part = full party zone filled with strong mobs where each requires different tactics). Each zone has its own raid bosses. Farming here is way more fun than farming on other servers.
* Global events (more info about this later)
* You can drop items that are used to summon small raids. Those bosses have a time limit during which he has to be killed, so make your party is ready before you summon him!
* PvP rewards based on the ammount of damage you deal (you get rewards even if you didn't deal the last hit to your enemy)

4. Small yet very useful features
* Party Matcher NPC - if you find it hard to find a party, you can use the Party Matching system to open a room, specify for who and for how many players you are looking for and then let players join your party automatically
* Brain of Nexus - an AIO item that gives you these functions: Teleporter, Advanced Stats info (shows stats that are not visible in ALT+T window), Party Matching engine (helps you to find a free party), Augmentation, Dyes, Class Master, Full dynamic list of items available on the server + description, info about Top PvP/PK, Changelog loaded from the forums and more.
* Advanced Item Info - CTRL + right clicking on an item opens an extensive window that tells you everything you need to know about the item - stats, bonuses, skills it gives, etc.
* Advanced Skill Info - If you target yourself, hold CTRL and left-click on the skill in your skills window, it will also open a window that shows a lot of information about the skill - power, reuse, target type, trigerred chances, etc.
* PvP-based name and title color system
* Killing Spree system (you get rewards if you manage to kill more enemies in a row)
* Advanced protections against PvP feeding/farming
* Custom enchant system with max enchant up to +20; the stronger and rarer the item is, the smaller is the need to enchant it. Crystal enchants and Blessed enchants to make higher enchants possible.
* Attribute system that has effect only against mobs. 50 Attack Attribute = 5% increased PvE damage. If the mob has resistances against that attribute type, it will not give you the bonus unless "your attack resistance - mob resistance is still 50"
* Reworked NPC Buffer that seperates buffs into categories. You can get 1 Buff / category.
Category 1: Ultimate Buff
Category 2: Greater Shield | Greater Might | Greater Magic(M.atk version) | Greater Barrier(M.def version)
Category 3: Berserker
Category 4: Gift of Queen | Blessing of Queen | Gift of Seraphim | Blessing of Seraphim(Mcrit damage)
Category 5: Stun resist | Sleep + Root resist | Debuff resist | Bleed + Poison resist | Fear + Paralyze resist

* Custom NPC Shops
* Olympiad
* Sieges
* Daily updates by the developers

Server computer:
Intel® Core™ i7-4770 
Quadcore Haswell
32 GB DDR3 RAM
2 x 240 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD in RAID1
1GB/s connection

- We do have a DDoS protection

About the staff:

hNoke - I have been a L2J developer for like two years, I participated on many servers and made quite a few successful projects (Nexus Event Engine is the famous one, currently runs on many L2 servers arround the world). I'm trying to do my best at making this server awesome by coding new features, events, skills and other things.

ranzor - This is my first server that went live, I have a history in a long list of MMORPGs and other games. Using the knowledge I gained from over the years of being a hardcore gamer myself, I am trying to utilize this knowledge to shed a new light onto the old and dusty Lineage II.

Forum: www.L2Nexus.net/forum

Screenshots from players: Gallery

How to connect: Guide
We have over 100 online and it keeps increasing every day! 

Join us too. You won't regret it.

L2Nexus Staff.

Edited by hNoke

Unique features, but nothing related with my personal expects from one PvP server.

Don't count this as a bad comment its my opinion. It seems awesome that staff of above in main post mention server are spending time in work for it.

But doesn't fit my taste.

l2 pride style ,oh yeeh

but i dont like the +20 enchant rate

10 sounds actually much better ,and hard to make 10 *like safe 3,max 10 ,50% or something like that*

OH and i would love to see ppl running in custom tier armor that looks just like dynasty ^^

wow ... too customed server !

max lvl 90 ? +300 new skills to characters and monsters?

For sure you have dedicated a lot of time for such a creation and gz to you.

On the other hand, I am not sure if such a server will attract the number of people you expect to get online.

Personally, I like custom servers ..not too customed ones.

In any case, GL to your project.

l2 pride style ,oh yeeh

but i dont like the +20 enchant rate

10 sounds actually much better ,and hard to make 10 *like safe 3,max 10 ,50% or something like that*

OH and i would love to see ppl running in custom tier armor that looks just like dynasty ^^

don't worry about enchant, only some items will be enchantable up to +20 and the most important weapons (Uniques) will be pretty difficult to enchant (i guess +3 - +6 will be average

wow ... too customed server !

max lvl 90 ? +300 new skills to characters and monsters?

For sure you have dedicated a lot of time for such a creation and gz to you.

On the other hand, I am not sure if such a server will attract the number of people you expect to get online.

Personally, I like custom servers ..not too customed ones.

In any case, GL to your project.

)

most of those skills are passives, triggered skills or skills for monsters; the gameplay style for the most classes will still be the same.

we don't wanna change the way you play L2, we just wanted to improve it and make it focus on PvP more

2. ITEMS

- Talismans: talisman system replaces what you know from other servers as Tattoos:

* you can wear up to 6 talismans, depending on what bracelet you have

* there are 6 sets of talismans with different colors, each set gives the same bonuses but only talisman from one set (color) can be woren at a time; this gives you abbilitty to build up your own 'tattoo'. Wanna boost your P.atk? Just get 6 talismans that all increase P.atk. Your attack speed sucks? Get 3 talismans for atk. speed and 3 for p.atk and it's ok.

By removing talismans and replacing them with tattos there might be issues inside the olympiad games, playing vs an healer class or a tank class without maximum clarity, life force or divine protection might give to these classes an advantage, have you considered this?

5. PVE / Farming

- killing mobs has always been a part of this game, but it always felt boring. So we paid extra attention to the PvE side of the game and we made sure that it will be the enjoyable part of the game too.

- what can make even the PvE side interesting?

* people like to AOE, kill lots of mobs at once with mass skills and watch the drop rewards in your systemchat - we added an AOE zone with hordes of skeletons.

* people like to farm with parties and kill strong mobs, that are as challenging as they are rewarding - we added a party farm zone with strong custom AI mobs

* although people like to farm with parties, it may be hard for some to find a party - we added a Party matching NPC (just go there and hit Search for party button)

* people like nice environments like plains, forests, etc (or definitelly be better than being stuck in a grey depressive cave), we created the zones with this regard

* people like to be distracted from farming by PvP - we made some of the zones next to each other, assuring the player concentration there is the highest possible

* people may hate having to wait to get their HP regenerated after they kill a mob - we randomly added NPC's such as Healing Herbs to some places, you kill them and you get some health

* people like when they get good drops; we made sure there's a chance for all mobs to drop interesting items; such as Unique weapons

* rare mobs - from time to time, a rare mob appears in the farming zone, sometimes slightly stronger, but gives really good drops when killed[/i]. Each zone also has its own raid bosses.

- We use these zones:

* Hyena Zone - you kill small groups of Hyenas; this zone is mainly for beginners

* Training Grounds - large groups of Skeletons, special mobs that can summon hordes of skeletons/dead eyes/other shit, necromancers, etc.

(those two zones are next to each other, to maximize PvP)

* Hunter's Area - plains behind Hunter's Village, a very nice place to be in; lots of single mobs with interesting mechanics and behaviour

* Dragon Valley Cave - set to be a party zone; challenging mobs for both small and big parties

* one more zone we are not quite decided about yet

- strong mobs have a chance to drop items, that can be used to summon a raid boss. The raid boss has a time limit during which he has to be killed, so make sure you party is ready before you summon him!

Using more PVE zones would split the community in these zones and newcomers might think that there are low online or that the server is already dead.

4. PVP

- this aspect still has to be discussed, we'd like to do that with you, players. What would you like, what do you like, etc. (post opinions to this thread)

- what is sure for now is:

* Dynamic PvP zones - some of those zones will have item restrictions to ensure that newbies can fight there too; some will have automatic team-matching functions; dynamic respawn spots; etc.

I hope that a solo PvP zone won't be added, L2 it's a team game.

Hello Gries!

I am ranzor (or Shavhr on the server), I am one of the responsibles for customizing classes and taking care of balance amongst many other things on the server. Allow me to provide answer to your concerns!

By removing talismans and replacing them with tattos there might be issues inside the olympiad games, playing vs an healer class or a tank class without maximum clarity, life force or divine protection might give to these classes an advantage, have you considered this?

While you have a valid point there, the current state of balance doesn't allow us to run unbuffed olympiad games due to how classes are setup.

Something worthy to mention here:

We have a slightly different buff system, than what you might be used to. While buff slots are not limited by a number but by categories, which drive the player into choosing between different bonuses, this does not mean that you will have to fight while 6 rows of buffs hide half of your screen. We really strive to provide a big variety of viable options to the players, all depending on the player's class, gear and preferation of playstyle.

We united all buffs that did not confront the player with a real choice(might, acumen, shield, wind walk, etc...), so basicly buffs that had no negative effects on them into one Ultimate Buff. This serves the only purpose of giving the players the much needed combat and utility stats, anyone and everyone would choose from the buffer. From here on, you have the choice of picking buffs from categories, like you are used to from your Greater Might - Greater Shield or Blessing of Queen - Gift of Queen choices. We extended these choices and slightly tweaked numbers on these existing buffs to turn every one of them into viable picks.

Extended buffs you can get from the buffer are broken down into categories. You can get 1 buff / category:

category 0:

Ultimate Buff (unites all basic buff effects, it's a must have)

category 1:

greater might (the regular P.atk buff)

greater shield (the regular P.def buff)

greater barrier (the P.def buff's M.def equivalent)

greater magic (the P.atk buff's M.atk equivalent)

category 2

gift of queen

blessing of queen

category 3

gift of seraphim (reduces magic reuse)

blessing of seraphim (increases your magic critical damage multiplier)

category 4

berserker (this is just like you know it, it hasn't been included in the Ultimate Buff because it has negative effects aswell)

category 5

stun resist (25%)

debuff resist (25%)

sleep - root resist (25%)

paralyze - fear resist (25%)

poison - bleed resistance (25%)

We would really like to extend this list of buffs as time passes by and as we discover parts of stats that turn out to be lackluster on gear, partially as a new buff category or added to an already existing category.

Using more PVE zones would split the community in these zones and newcomers might think that there are low online or that the server is already dead.

This was and still is one of our concerns but I'm pretty sure that we came up with something that will narrow down this issue big time. While hNoke posted 4 of our planned and partially done zones, if you look at the map in Lineage 2 ---> Plains of the Lizardmen(Hyena Zone), Sel Mahum Training Grounds(Training Grounds), Hunters Valley (it's right below Hunters Village) --- These zones are practically neighbours which allow players to walk from one to the other in no time. PvPs, where people start kiting and chasing could easily make them pass these "borders" between the zones, resulting in the people currently farming in the other zone to catch a glimps of it and join in.

Our only distant and lonely zone at this moment is our party area, which is DVC and we honestly don't mind if groups can find a remote and isolated place to farm at. Now see, if 2 groups meet at an isolated place, the consequences become smaller and less punishing if a party is running around flagged or even red.

Another way we thought of, that will ensure that players meet other players, are the dynamic global events that occur. Since hNoke hasn't mentioned them yet, I'll have to blow the surprise and reveal them.

The following Global Events serve the sole purpose of bringing life into a server even with a low population and be rewarding at the same time to ensure that enough people will find them attractive. It will create the feel of mass movement on the server, as many players will group up to achieve a common goal.

The current Global Events that are planned, are:

Global Event #1 Zone Bosses

Killing off Zone Bosses will result in a server-wide bonus for everyone until the raid respawns, killing these is top priority, as it's profitable for everyone. These bonuses are PvE related only and will not influence PvP in any way.

Global Event #2 Dimension Portals

A portal opens randomly at preconfigured places, it's announced where and might also add an indicator to make finding it be easier. If anyone played Rift, they will know what to expect. The goal is to kill the Portal, meanwhile, aggro monsters spawn around it, making it more difficult.

We have ideas and plans ready to make even a low populated server (talking about 50+-) to feel alive and moving, this again will result in more people joining. This hopefully is a water-proof plan that will prevent the server from giving that empty feel we all hate.

I hope that a solo PvP zone won't be added, L2 it's a team game.

While Lineage 2 drasticly changes the experience this game provides as soon as organized PvP and farming comes into play, we also shouldn't forget about the playerbase who are making out those famous "lone wolves". The ones who prefer to play alone or are just not able to find anyone to play with due to whatever reason they might have.

We haven't forgotten about organized play either, in fact, we encourage people to get their friends together and face the challenges we have created so far and will continue creating.

Epidos(clickable) is just one example. The strongest summonable Raid Bosses will be limited to a zone which will force clans/groups to expose themselves while killing them. This will create rivalry amongst the clans, as the "Summon Raid: xy boss" item will be really rare and overpowering the clan that has summoned the raid and stealing it, will be a huge victory. Spys will play a big role, connections to other players inside the opposing clans, Scouts in the raid summoning zones to monitor enemy movement to quickly organize a counter-attack. The chaotic zone, in which the raid is summonable will also help this cause. Haven't decided about wether we remove the time limit from the strongest raids, as clan fights might drag this killing process out over a longer period of time, but this is also an end-game concern and we aren't even remotely close to editing that part of the server's content yet.

It also helps you, as a solo player, that 99% of the stuff on the server is tradeable, you can aswell sell the "Summon Raid" items to clans that are able to kill them. Also while I am making sure that the economy stays strong over time and items and materials farmed by newcomers are still wanted by oldies, sadly it is only possible to test and see how well things work by letting a higher number of people to use it.

I hope I managed to provide you with satisfactory answers. If any in-depth questions pop up that haven't been answered yet or you would like to know more about a topic, please ask!