[L2J] L2Nexus (Changed Server-Host)

hNoke

So we should waiting this server on 2014 ?

get a life man, stop crawling arround and asking for opening on any shit server you find on mxc, you deserve more than this

So we should waiting this server on 2014 ?

Hello Tectonic!

The server is going to open between the 2 holidays. (christmas and new year's eve) I will make the exact opening date public as we get closer to that time, probably 1 or 2 weeks prior.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

Edited by ranzor

Hello Tectonic!

The server is going to open between the 2 holidays. (christmas and new year's eve) I will make the exact opening date public as we get closer to that time, probably 1 or 2 weeks prior.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

I hope its not a fake and realy open in some weeks

This is an outstanding work, kudos to the developers! I hope you'll get the balance right and no worries, nobody expects it to be balanced since day one.

L2Pride should be terrified by your arrival.

This is an outstanding work, kudos to the developers! I hope you'll get the balance right and no worries, nobody expects it to be balanced since day one.

L2Pride should be terrified by your arrival.

Well, L2 pride made his circle, i dont think pride is ever getting more new players anyway , it has a stable community and thatsall 

Alright everyone, time to clarify things.

Many months have passed since the first bug report post done by me on the server's private forum section. This very crucial bug report has not been touched since. Yup... not a single bug has been fixed ever since I made this post. 9th of August, 2013. The bug where you can damage and kill unflagged people by AOE attacks and receive karma. In hNoke's opinion, this doesn't have priority. Priority in his opinion is finishing the ingame content, the last farming zone, which I've been working on, the remaining 3 classes, which I've been working on, designing the kamael unique weapons, which I had to work on. He used ingame things as an excuse to not have to do shit on the server, while not having a single clue about how the server actually looked liked. Next to me fixing and working on everything I found, begging him constantly to at least fix some of the other crucial bugs, he has done close to nothing on the server in the past 4 months. Always came up with excuses about how he is busy IRL, how he is not in the mood, how he couldn't work because I'm progressing too slowly. I sacrificed a lot too, I constantly kept thinking about the server and about how I could make it better almost every single day the whole day long. In the end, I'm the one with over 1000 hours of ingame playtime, while he has not even 50. For 4 months, continuously, I've tried to convince myself to have faith in him, he promised me every single time, how he would start working immediately, as soon as he would be in the mood and/or had enough time. In 4 months, the only thing he did, after me having to beg for weeks, was a simple "fix" of changing 4 numbers in the java code, to achieve a 20% overall damage reduction in PvE, so I could finally set the correct monster strength. After trying to adapt to his working-style, I always ended up writing walls of texts with explainations on the forums, always messaged him about every single little change, always tried to be as specific as I could so he can follow the events that have happened while he was "not in the mood".

But why did I stay and did not look for another person to work with? I first started working with the server files about 3 years ago as kind of a hobby. Back then, I didn't know hNoke, I worked with a "friend" of mine who then proceeded to just drop everything and abandon me, leaving me working on the server alone, because he got bored. He didn't know a lot about creating a server, he had fun boosting himself and doing random crap ingame. I on the other hand, wanted to create something awesome and I was ready to invest time into it. So after I came across hNoke, he hyped me up. I mentioned the previous server I have worked on and showed him some of my drafts. He was impressed and we both wanted to work together. He was an awesome developer, he had his event engine that many people loved back then. I was finally being heard, I got the chance to make my ideas become real and I could finally live my creativity to the fullest. I was so motivated and turned on that I immediately signed a contract at German hosting company for a small test environment so we could work on the server. Then after some weeks, hNoke stopped caring, he said his only motivation would be the money, which completely opposed to what I wanted. I wanted to create a unique, quality custom server that people would finally recognize and stop with all the bullshit about "custom servers are ruining L2" and stuff that came because of the low quality copy-paste servers. After some months of paying for the server(our financial situation is far worse than that of hNoke's), I asked him if he could help out with the payment. Again, only excuses, how he would help when he got some money from selling the Nexus engine, etc. Then this promise turned into a "I'm not going to invest into anything about which I'm not sure would pay back the money.". I was so close to making this dream become reality, I didn't want to leave this behind, this is the reason why I always made myself believe and give hNoke more and more time over and over again. For nothing, as it turned out, unfortunately.

So here we are, after a year of work wasted. I'm going to resign the contract for the virtual server in a few days. The server will most likely still be running for a month after that. It is unfinished, it is buggy, but I don't want to give up before finally releasing something to the players, especially those who gave us their trust and supported us with their positive comments.

The last farming zone is only about 25% finished. Do you guys want me to finish it as fast as I can, or do you want me to post the patch right away? I gave up on the server already, so unless hNoke's behavior changes 180 degrees, I officially give up on pursuing this dream.

Go on with the complaints, I'll be following this topic for the next minutes intensively. Ohh by the way, if you have a running server and you are willing to think more freely in terms of gameplay and item stats/classes and everything, send me a message, I would be glad to help out. Also helping out with balance issues on your server! Free of charge, doing it because I like doing it.

Thats it from me. Your turn guys.

Cmon dude I was so exited about YOUR server that the only thing left for me to do about L2 Is to check for some news tho. I am sure that even with Delay you will find the way to Make your server ready for the tons of ppl which will like it and Join it when you will Open it public for the very 1st time! As about hNoke just dismiss him from this project simply because its your own Which you started 3 yrs ago even as a hobby and search for someone that will help you without to look for any profit out of it.

Best Wishes!