Interlude Server Packs and Clients

JohnBaker

Question

Hello Guys

i want to ask.

me and some friends we plan to open a interlude mid rate server so i want to ask

1 Best Pack for Interlude in this days?

2 Use Official Interlude Client or Classic Client ?

if is better to use a classic client which version is better for a interlude project ?

what is the main reason to be better a classic client? better performance, no DC etc

sorry for all of this question,

is first time to try open a own server

thank you !

10 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Amenadiel said:

Lucera for both classic or interlude

i want interlude server not classic

so you vote lucera

is better to use a interlude client or classic client on interlude version?

1 hour ago, JohnBaker said:

i want interlude server not classic

so you vote lucera

is better to use a interlude client or classic client on interlude version?

Lucera provides both

On 7/31/2022 at 6:21 PM, JohnBaker said:

Hello Guys

i want to ask.

me and some friends we plan to open a interlude mid rate server so i want to ask

1 Best Pack for Interlude in this days?

2 Use Official Interlude Client or Classic Client ?

if is better to use a classic client which version is better for a interlude project ?

what is the main reason to be better a classic client? better performance, no DC etc

sorry for all of this question,

is first time to try open a own server

thank you !

Acis is the best solution....

Well if you have no idea how to setup  your server in terms of Java then go for lucera . With some data pack knowledge you can create a great project. If you know your way around then go for acis. But keep in mind  acis its not  for production still missing content and some versions are experimental. In addition if we talk for mid rate server you will have to add features such vip or whatever you want for your project. Lucera is not perfect but not missing any content ,  most of the stuff work as intended and the idea is ready to go for admins. But keep in mind lucera comes in compile state. 

aCis does not offer support for Classic client, however I assume you know what you're doing if you are looking to open a server using Classic client and interlude content (I hope at least), so aCis is the best option you got but it requires a lot of work to make it work on Classic (at least a month of work).

It's doable, I've done it already, however it's a bit annoying and time-consuming. The worst part being to make the client be Interlude (all .dat need to change, maps etc). In addition to that, many features of Interlude do not work on Classic client (fishing, skill enchanting) so you got 2 options:

Either modify your client's interface (meaning you have to go with 110 protocol and below where interface compilers are free/available) to make them work like Interlude, that's what I did with fishing, or ignore them and just make them work (not retail like, for example I made skill enchanting via html cause I was too bored to edit interface for this too).

On the bright side, you got access to source on aCis so your customs/modifications are easier to manage and you got more control over retail features which is limited in lucera by configs (for example you might want to remove Seven Signs completely and replace the system by a custom one using the old system's client/server packets).