Why Lineage 2 is DEAD

Since it's big topic to discuss i will split it to three parts.

Part 1 : Players Side

After playing many many many many servers like most of you. As a player i completely lost my interest for the game and the bad thing about this is that i didnt lost it because of the game itself but because of the community and the guys who make the servers. Many of us still play the game because of the nostalgia and the fun we had in the past but now it's different story we play just to play because we try to fill sth that cant be filled with the current "supplies" .  Many forget that this game is not just clicking and moving your player, meeting new people and overall have fun with your friends/clan  even with the server team (Admin/GM's) they are part of that aswell.

As a player you want to enjoy your time in the game, whenever you see something messing with your in game experience being able to have your "guards" aka GM's/Admin to be there and actual help that means a lot (beside the server-side issues like buggy items/npc's/locations etc... i include ofc the main plague that fks arround with that game since the beginning (bots)). Anyway we all know bots are hard to handle but still if u dont do sth ACTIVELY this prob will stay untill the end. When you build strong community it's lasting longer so complains (by Admins) for instance "people are leaving" doesnt make any sense.

Example: L2Damage, had 2k+ppl full activity involving players  server was okay. But admin decided to make wipe guess why... No more donations. GM just logged and spammed like bot "WIPE NEXT SEASON BLA BLA BLA NEW ERA" and crap like that on announcements every fking minute. When players see that obviously they will leave.

Part 2 : Server Owners Side

Okay we all know how things are now, admins are greedy af. Current server owners  (with some exceptions out of the list), care purely for the money business investing on ads,marketing and crap like that. Is this the game we all once loved ? Marketing and business? I dont think so...  Even if as admin you take this approach to use this game for business when you do business (common sense) is to keep your god damn clients satisfied by your services or whatever. Still it's bad approach , far away from the ideal but atleast the  lifespan will be higher compared to "idc" tactic used by current Admins.Okay i get it noone will do it w.o profit but atleast show passion for that it's very hard (it's actually easier to find pikachu in your garden than finding Admin with passion for his own project). The fact most of the Admins/GM's never interact with players is actually sad because it is showing that they just dont care. When you do sth that u dont love/care and u seek only for money it gets reflected to the game leading to bad results.

Back in the day servers had crapy files full of bugs still admins had fun interacting with ppl fixing issues by themselves. I dont say it was utopia or sth corruption,bots still existed but compared to the "business streak" that hit the l2 community is nothing.

Part 3 : Developers Side

Now you get 1000 devs bragging for their skills who is faster more efficient etc... I was always wondering why after all this years the number of developers increased but servers quality decreased what the? We are provided with free good tools, open source codes with many fixes compared to the old times and still ... everything is chaotic in l2 community and what we get ? Many trashy servers with unsatisfied community. Why no collab together to help l2j,acis to provide the best product instead of crying about the quality proving nothing with only barking about the bugs each free open source project have. instead devs enable the money thirsty admins creating custom full of crap servers passing the "new" label to their new features like functions/custom wings/ custom dicks or whatever. Sure some new custom features that improve the game quality is not bad but dont modify the game it's called lineage 2 for a reason.

Lineage 2 is all about community if you build strong roots the building will last.

Feel free to share your opinion about this topic, this is my personal opinion about the current situation.

P.S sorry for the grammar issues, nah i dont care.

P.S2 PAYSOFT not even worth mentioning.

Edited by LordPanic
  • Like 1

I think that lineage 2 is not dead at all ,there are a lot of servers with more than 1-2k people (I think that l2 map isn't for more than 3k people max after that it became unplayable).

Players will leave every server they join in max 1-2 months even the server is great and no one knows the reason! There are a lot of times I liked a server and I couldn't play because big clans and cps left to join  another server and make an other big "brand name"

Well ,I don't really care for all of those servers because most of them are home made and they  never will get close to my ears, so I think that everyone can give a try but just only a few of them will make something good.

I think also a developer has nothing to do with a server.. They are just hearing the person who pay them ..

• Like 2

I don't know if it's dead but it's been dying for years now and its popularity is the lowest it's ever been. The spike around 2017 is L2 Revolution and the spike at 2011 is going free to play.

DjzMzds.png

@LordPanic You said you left a server because the big clans left, that right there is a community problem. You cant expect servers to stick around if you dont stick with the server and support it when the population is down.

Another huge issue i noticed the past 10 years is people leaving once the Olympiad period is over.

L2 Isn't dead at all. If you are talking about interlude, what do you expecting in 2020 when C6 released at 2003? (17 fucking years old update)

18 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

I don't know if it's dead but it's been dying for years now and its popularity is the lowest it's ever been. The spike around 2017 is L2 Revolution and the spike at 2011 is going free to play.

DjzMzds.png

Is this from Google? Anyway I thought  that with quarantine a lot of people returned st l2 .. maybe not .. :laughing:

Lineage 2 is a great game, my opinion is that the community (myself included) is tired of seeing so much lack of content on an interlude server, we are in 2020 and we play a prehistoric game so to speak, I agreed with the bots and in the lack of empathy of the gm towards their community, people leave these home servers because once they reach grade S, they are hero or they have a decent team, they will only reconnect to kill epic raids and then you will not happen again the same with the stronger clans, this is due to the lack of content that is given to the players, lneage was unstructuring as the years passed with the new chronicles the changes they made were good and others were a serious mistake what which led many to stop playing L2, the community needs to remember that old nostalgia but giving touches of the current content until the last chronicle, they need to have things to do within a game otherwise they will only enter for pvp, raid b oss epic or they will finally leave the server.

Apparently Lineage II used to slowly die, until now. This quarantine has brought many people back.

Lineage II is dying for the same reason other games/servers are dying. Community being toxic and always in search of perfection that did not exist, just like how "balance" is misinterpreted, "balance" is not about equality between classes, each class has its counter. Every player has its own vision - how something should be/look like. That's why you need to let them know how your vision is and make them understand.

Do you remember how clan members used to follow leaders and co-leaders many, many years ago? Now each of them believes that he/she is superior to anyone else. Everyone thinks they know everything perfectly. So it's a mess between players and clans as well.

Another reason would be that, hell yeah, server owners, they don't care to learn something they don't already know, basic computer networking or how a small business should work. They don't wanna leave their comfort zone. As a server owner, you should know at least the basics of all of them - computer networking, server developing, client developing, web developing, how a maintenance should be done overall, and so on - everything that your server needs - only in this way can you control the quality of the server and the people who work with or for you.

Edited by Trance
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

This game was played mostly by ppl born in late 80s early 90s most of them have families now... It doesnt attract new players any more on the same scale it did in the past. So all this years it was maintained by the old community and it's common sense that it will decrease to 0 eventually. Because there is no new traffic i dont blame the game it is what it is. Old game...

10 hours ago, DukeAwesome said:

There are a lot of times I liked a server and I couldn't play because big clans and cps left to join  another server and make an other big "brand name"

@DukeAwesome This is also big topic to discuss but i think the reason behind this is because one of the aswesome things that l2 provided was the friendships/clans and i will explain you why prepared CP's was a big factor to l2 downfall even tho it's not considered as a bad thing. When we all started L2 15+ years ago. we didnt know shit about the game exploring the unknown, meeting new ppl, everything was new. Your cp was your fellas from internet cafe (ahh good times). My point is that if you chase the nostalgia you will never experience this again it was one time thing. You cant  experience it again because it's simply impossible, so i believe many players (including myself) was stuck in the loop searching for the nostalgia even tho many of us already know it will never happen.So basically believe it or no prepared CP's was one of the reasons why server die faster. Solo players chase the old time nostalgia, CP's just use the motto "We are the best and destroy every clan we see". Different ppl different mindsets.

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

@LordPanic You said you left a server because the big clans left, that right there is a community problem. You cant expect servers to stick around if you dont stick with the server and support it when the population is down.

Mate you confused me with @DukeAwesome

Edited by LordPanic

12 hours ago, LordPanic said:

Now you get 1000 devs 

nowadays almost everyone knows how to develop, back in time only real "developers" was opening servers.

players split on different servers,
clans knows there is a new server will be opening in 2-3 days so if they losing a server; instead trying to gear/farm up they just join to another server, 
there is nothing left to explore for old players, theres everything unknown to java pvp starters(hella ppl exist that still have no idea how to buff up-i have seen a guy left from server in front of me cuz server havent auto buff list on buffer:D-, which dyes to put, how to craft, basically even class quests.

so if someone opens a server, even if its perfect they just cant satisfy those people in same time. someone wants to explore new things, someone wants to play on a copy paste server(like l2gold players, acis based java crap brasil server players, l2damage players as u know :b you just cant force those players to play on a different styled server cuz it will be like a new game for them), someone just want to play for win-you know like a competition game- they just missing the point that this is a game 

also we all grown up now, aint nobody got time to farm that much so having fun on servers for 1-2 weeks was quite enough.

Lineage 2 M  is comming 
and what i saw in the last beta gameplay video ...
i fear that is going the same way as Revolution

it has nice graphics but something is lost

and that has been lost since interlude
lineage 2 remains over  C3/C4/C5  done 
on the big problem that laid over C5 era when they re-indexed every single ID in game to avoid who knows what later at interlude beside life stone thing the game went to a complete ruin
dino island that is very far from RPG thing that was barely carried on game
new skills that lead to more unbalance
over power defence stuff like sof and invulnerable gladiator skill
later kamael,  yea i know kamael was even on lineage 1 but as npc
plus the kamael model include moving fingers in their hands

when all models as human,orc,elf,delf and dwarf got no improves at all
we continue on a distorted path as gracia arrived with something that could be new for everyone
but no... new stuff that will make you think -wooow this is so pretty and cool
im flying in a ship into a new continent
fail again... you can transform into a bird... and hunt other birds ( my 2nd WTF for new lineage Chronicle )
going on  freya,h5  was good looking after all delusion new raidboss with ice storm
was on course to recover something, hunting bonus, new armors and weapons
on that peak we all got a surprise... Goddess of Destruction
what was the Korea Lineage 2 promise of an awesome game revamped
limitation to jump only at the points they want, crazy Stats overhaul at awakened 4th class 
ended in NCWest port having missing things like new hairs and more uncared aspect of the game
giving us a poor gameplay experience, bad skill_hit_time that leads on full buff char cut-off skill animations cause its high casting or attack speed
leaving the game on the same bad place as years ago
on that truly free they claim to be saying - bored to lost your items in a private server
crap again... what they did best compared to private servers? 
nothing!  they even got a pig capitalist attitude by
buy NCcoins get a 7 days items,  buy again cause your item is gone
i dont say that many private servers are the diamond they also went to hell with things like that 
but perhaps... the game was a bit close to a good RPG
still a bit of Arcade thing cause you dont earn a % on skill mastery by using your weapon like in healbreath
anyway we all can live with lvl 1 skill lvl 2 lvl 3 and so on by SP gain
not gonna mention more cause i quit near infinite odyssey  to be aside with C4 for ever.

go pvp peaches
http://omenofdisgrace.online/register.asp

i did not worked 1 month to make server in vain  cmon

laters

remember what was used to be a PVP ?

Edited by etherian

23 minutes ago, Celestine said:

now days l2 is simple get paid to play you dont get paid? you blame admins for corruptions

Besides that, when you join a server and you feel like server is trying to kick you. Then something is wrong, i am very mean sometimes to servers for example the server im currently playing (l2 extreme). I have nothing personal with this server.

L2j Server owners are like policians in my country, always promising and never deliver.

When you cant deliver whatever you promise then you have to accept the judgement.

If you are good with whatever you do then your conscious is clean.

1 hour ago, aLzhite said:

also we all grown up now, aint nobody got time to farm that much so having fun on servers for 1-2 weeks was quite enough.

Who will play now l2 private low server with life span of 2 months, even if the life span was higher (like some famous low rate servers) it's not worth to play. No wonder why at my age i prefer to play pvp servers even tho they dont meet my requirements.

Edited by LordPanic

Lineage2 is almost 17 years old. And it doesn’t look like it is dead, but definitely not where it was a decade ago. I’m not going to mention the official servers, because I stopped playing there on gracia final update in 2009. What is happening is normal as the time goes by. Players know how to play, what to do how to rush to end game where they believe the game starts, and then it is boring because there is no extra content. But in my case this is not true. Playing lineage2 is about the feeling, your fellow friends that they will help you gather all the key materials needed to craft a blue wolf breast plate inside lair of antharas. (C1 era). It’s about killing those monsters to gain exp while you are on teamspeak with your friends and having fun. Its about doing that quest and learn the skills! It’s about that feeling before the siege that makes everybody to try their best. It’s about those epic fights and zergs that will make you stay awake all night guarding the port for antharas or whatever. It’s about learning to play that class you picked and play your role in the clan or enjoy it for yourself.
This in my opinion stopped when some of the private servers in the past like L2 Paradise vanished. Server owners were different back then. They had actual knowledge on programming, RE, debugging and of course the structure of the server and know how to fix shit. Everybody had their own extender trying to develop it and provide better experience. Guess what, before C4 leak, they had C4 full of bugs but huge online and players didn’t care much. They were taking care of their players. It didn’t feel that they wanted to grab your money and reopen a server in 2 months and do it again.

This is not happening right know. These guys grew old like me, got a family and have to move on with life. Lineage2 became business in the eyes of people that they don’t have a clue on how to operate a server and deal with all the responsibility that comes with it. This is were services like AdvExt64, Kation and others did their part in this mess. They provided a ready to go product where clueless people were able to open their servers and call themselves “admins” when all they did is to edit the configs. Well these servers ruined the game in the eyes of the players and make other knowledgeable server owners look bad. 
Also the new era of server owners is not willing to learn shit on how to deal with server files. This is where L2j crap (no offense) kicks in. Java projects, free shares, ask for the solution and that’s it. We are ready. Again they are wrong. So what they do is fake promises that they can’t keep up with, they pay money prizes for the first clan that will capture Aden castle, they ask “Are you ready?” before they open, they write the word “informations” on their website, they help “big” clans so they stay while they take player’s money. If they are lucky enough their project lasts for 2 months.

I think I wrote too much !  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2