Why Lineage 2 is DEAD

1 hour ago, Tryskell said:

L2J is, since then, in a permanent hold until a real leader/team takes back the project.

Pretty sure Zoey is still working on the project, no?

1 hour ago, Elfocrash said:

Pretty sure Zoey is still working on the project, no?

That's almost nothing compared to both level and quantity it was in the past.

10 commits in 5 months, I don't call it an active project. In the same amount of time, I did 318 commits (without counting those actually done).

We speak about the mother project of all L2J, not a fork. Also, if you check history, almost nothing has been done in 2019 / 2018. And barely 3 main contributors.

2017 is the last "real" active year of L2J. Like 2011 is for L2JFrozen.

Edited by Tryskell

13 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

That's almost nothing compared to both level and quantity it was in the past.

10 commits in 5 months, I don't call it an active project. In the same amount of time, I did 318 commits (without counting those actually done).

We speak about the mother project of all L2J, not a fork. Also, if you check history, almost nothing has been done in 2019 / 2018. And barely 3 main contributors.

Aren't they working in private?

2 minutes ago, Trance said:

Aren't they working in private?

L2J team ? Since when ? :D

L2JUnity is a complete, different entity of L2J now. I only speak about L2J.

Edited by Tryskell

4 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

L2J team ? Since when ? :D

L2JUnity is a complete, different entity of L2J now. I only speak about L2J.

I thought L2J itself is dead for good.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trance said:

I thought L2J itself is dead for good.

Since L2JUnity split, L2J is in a state I would call "stand-by", since 2018. It lacks contributions, and contributors.

Such project can't die. Anyone can simply mirror the whole thing, and make a new L2J if he wants.

It only needs a strong-will leader and some fresh troops.

L2 is not really dead. NC now has it as a re-re-re-re-reanimated puppet, which is neither L2, nor L3, nor L2-Classic, an abomination that would better be dead than in its current, worse than vegetative state.

I will not speculate if NC is into necromancy, but they will still carry L2 (name) over to 2030 at least, even if @ 2 servers in Korea. They know that with everything else than L1 failing worse and worse (MxM pls) as years go by, if they shut down L2 or Aion, both trash tier games by now, the players will not transfer to any of their other games.

Personally, I knew I had to let L2 rest in peace, and so I let go. NC is treating L2 worse than a lab rat, it is clear they have no vision, no people and no money for this, but still continue.

Edited by *real*savormix

10 hours ago, Rootware said:

Your words totally wrong, because you tried to protect admins. Admin it's owner of project, don't confuse with GMs and Moderators. All depends on the administrator what quality his project will be. It is he who hires or saves on programmers, the quality of server's concept and other technical issues.

We are all observing an era the cheap projects with budget in 100-300 euros.

P.S. I respect the player well enough to provide him with low-quality service.

1500 euro Minimum budget if you want to have a decent project + many months of work and your return on that investment has high chances to equal to 0. So I don't try to defend those who open home made servers and never had the intension to do that at all. But :

YOU ALL earn money you as java developer, maxtor as advertiser, adrenaline as bot provider, l2help as spoof provider, Sguard as anti - bot provider, facebook, l2sites topzone hopzone, client devs, dedicated host providers and many more that I can't remember right now.

And besides all that You dare to fucking talk about how it's all admin faults LMAO. The L2 community of 2005 has been totally transformed in 2010 era, totally transformed in 2015 era and completely fucked up in 2020 era and you never mentioned that.

As about those crappy Admins you refer If they didn't exist you wouldn't exist making replies right now with the title "L2J Developer" on a cheating kind of forum so it's better to respect that fact instead of insulting them. And as @Trance said theory and words from practice are 2 completely different worlds not just in L2 business but in general.

Edited by Dev
  • Upvote 1

Come on guys seriously lineage is dead first of all because the new era of technology. We all have good PC's (almost) who will play lineage? There is so good games out there with mechanics, awesome handlings, graphics, storys etc.. Did you ask people at age 16-18 years old  if knows about lineage? They don't even knows that is exist! We are getting old guys most of us don't have time/mood to play lineage anymore!

So stop blaming the administrators, developers, projects or the cheaters! 

We are in 2020 which game doesn't have cheaters? 

12 hours ago, Trance said:

THIS WOULD BE A GAME CHANGER FOR THE COMMUNITY. I wish I could make a *topzpne* website with no advertisements and stupid ass banners everywhere - greedy motherfuckers. Nothing but a basic premium package for a small server logo/banner. And a separated donations system that offers no benefits in return.

Thats a very fking good idea.

A site working as a filter seperating serious servers from crap session servers etc.

Basically it will be a similar to existed top server sites but with HUGE difference. It will not work as the current top-list servers voting = votes in the site. So atm  server is considered to be good only based by votes count. This needs to be changed we need to add more factors to this inorder to put a server in top or whatever.

You will have 3 sections in this site with lists of "Serious Servers" and "Fun Servers" and "New-Upcoming Servers". This site will work as a guide map for ppl who are searching for l2 servers depending on their needs.

For example:

Serious Servers

Name                 Client        Custom     Rates       Files       Protection  Recommends   Life

L2PePeGa      Interlude         No            x15         OFF             Yes                  1500                   2,5

L2MonkAs          H5               No            x35        Java             Yes                  1200                     1

*When you click the name of the server you will see more infos in the same spot

including all the ingame feautures etc...

*Filters by client etc...

Okay i know that many admins will avoid this site but it's for people so we dont give a shit about them. So we can include whatever server in the lists by ourselves. Honest Admins will contact us to review their server and add them in the list.

Edited by LordPanic