Why Lineage 2 is DEAD

It has been more than 1 year since I read this post - but I never forgot it. Having been a hardcore Lineage 2 fan, seeing the state of OFF servers like this, and seeing other server with crazy donations, I was certain that this game is going to die.

Unless I do something about it. Something that will be entirely different from what previous people have done. I feel I love this game too much, to let it go without trying my best to "show" people how this game can change.

It was not easy. While I have been playing L2 for half of my life (with breaks ofc due to real life), I knew few things about "creating" a game. Luckily, along the way, I met people who also have a passion for the game and helped me do it.

To touch on your post mate:

1) Server owners: Judging from what I have seen, a server owner has to have 2 important characteristics: 

a) To open the server because he has a good salary, and he can support hosting/coding/web/other employee costs. A server owner with the correct mindset, has to calculate that he is going to make 0 money out of this. If a server owner starts thinking about how he can squeeze money out of players, it is already a doomed project.

b) To love Lineage 2, more than money - and be prepared to innovate!

2) Players: Players just want something they can rely on. Maybe they will be skeptical at first. Maybe they will not believe the good intentions. But sooner or later, and due to the hard work done by server owners, they WILL SEE that a server is worth it. Back when L2 launched we used to be 13-14 years old? Now we are 30+. Some of us have families, some of us are planning to. Yes, we cannot devote 12h per day like we used to, BUT this is exactly why we need to innovate. Pinpoint all the pain points l2 has, and create something that can go around this. And people will welcome the effort. I believe this, from the bottom of my heart.

3) Developers: Contrary to what you said, I believe that there are quality developers out there. They are people, just as players. They love l2 like the players. They most likely still play L2. The developer WILL DELIVER a good project, as long as the owner has a vision for a good project. Devs are engineers - they build what they are told. They are getting paid to build what they are told! 

Having said all that, and after a year of development, I have completed the project I was aiming to build. Fortunately, I did have valuable help from people from MxC community, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Without them, it would not be possible. Since this is not an advertising section, I will only post the link for the preview section for MxC. -> 

All feedback is welcome. I promise I will try to improve the project as much as I can - to the best of my abilities. Thanks, and feel free to get in touch in me!

Edited by Zazza