Why Lineage 2 is DEAD

1 hour ago, mr zero said:

To be fair, a large portion of the community isn't that great either. 

players are fine cuz they are paying, but if you get stabbed in the ass by 10 different servers in the last few months, you see no reason to play this game anymore.

Edited by BruT

4 hours ago, BruT said:

players are fine cuz they are paying

"playing" or "boting" ?

cuz 90% servers are bots and ppl playing only for mass pvp siege / epics 

1 minute ago, AchYlek said:

"playing" or "boting" ?

cuz 90% servers are bots and ppl playing only for mass pvp siege / epics 

so whos filling these admins's pockets? the bots?

10 minutes ago, BruT said:

so whos filling these admins's pockets? the bots?

I know that you are talking about p servers, but the main people who are paying NCWest (and NCTaiwan) are actually botmasters. So I would expect a similar thing in p servers as well.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:12 AM, *real*savormix said:

Otherwise you MUST go the way @MasterToma did, simply RE and create equivalent source code.

Btw, I completed C1 3 months ago :) And 10 days ago we switched to C2. Real C2, which was never exists in private servers. Yea, C2 is still in progress.

If you know, how do extenders work, you should understand, that offline shop, craft book, vampiric, vote rewards,  auto-soul shots, anti-bot CAPTCHA - those things are almost impossible to do on c1 with extenders. Not talking about hundreds of bugs, and stabilizing sever so it's not crashing twice per day with 300 online.

I don't care about online much, very few ppl who are love c1/c2, I'm doing this to preserve part of history. And extenders/L2J/private projects in 90% are for $$.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BruT said:

players are fine cuz they are paying, but if you get stabbed in the ass by 10 different servers in the last few months, you see no reason to play this game anymore.

I'm not exempting owner practices in general, I'm just stating that the community is so entitled these days that all the organized clans/cp ask for money or special perks to join a project, and there's a plethora of servers that are willing to do that. The problem is that after a month or so, the said sides abandon ship and cash out their epics/gear, and this kills servers. But usually the time-frame is enough for a project to have generated enough profits to call it a day. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat. : P 

Maybe we should create a sub community of server owners that are not greedy assholes and actually care to provide fair long term servers that are focused on community building and unique features.

Edited by Porthos

I always thought that it would be interesting if a crowd funded project was created by the community, for the community. I'm completely oblivious as to how much it costs to secure top files, employ a credible developer, and how much maintenance & staff would require, but I suppose someone with experience on the subject can enlighten us.

Perhaps crowd fund is a way to secure a project without financial concerns, and back-door deals. Just think about it. Zero donations (for perks), zero dependancy on mercenaries, zero concerns over the server having to make sure it's not at a loss financially for its owner. 

The community funds it, the developers get paid, the files are bought or leased, and everyone involved is happy. 

Edited by mr zero
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mr zero said:

I always thought that it would be interesting if a crowd funded project was created by the community, for the community. I'm completely oblivious as to how much it costs to secure top files, employ a credible developer, and how much maintenance & staff would require, but I suppose someone with experience on the subject can enlighten us.

Perhaps crowd fund is a way to secure a project without financial concerns, and back-door deals. Just think about it. Zero donations (for perks), zero dependancy on mercenaries, zero concerns over the server having to make sure it's not at a loss financially for its owner. 

The community funds it, the developers get paid, the files are bought or leased, and everyone involved is happy. 

Wasnt this the initial model of servers back in the day? Voluntary donations by the community to cover the costs without any ingame rewards? 

Edited by Porthos

11 hours ago, MasterToma said:

Btw, I completed C1 3 months ago :) And 10 days ago we switched to C2. Real C2, which was never exists in private servers. Yea, C2 is still in progress.

If you know, how do extenders work, you should understand, that offline shop, craft book, vampiric, vote rewards,  auto-soul shots, anti-bot CAPTCHA - those things are almost impossible to do on c1 with extenders. Not talking about hundreds of bugs, and stabilizing sever so it's not crashing twice per day with 300 online.

I don't care about online much, very few ppl who are love c1/c2, I'm doing this to preserve part of history. And extenders/L2J/private projects in 90% are for $$.

i saw the commits list at bitbucket 

source.gif