Why Lineage 2 is DEAD

2 hours ago, Dev said:

1500 euro Minimum budget if you want to have a decent project + many months of work and your return on that investment has high chances to equal to 0. So I don't try to defend those who open home made servers and never had the intension to do that at all. But :

YOU ALL earn money you as java developer, maxtor as advertiser, adrenaline as bot provider, l2help as spoof provider, Sguard as anti - bot provider, facebook, l2sites topzone hopzone, client devs, dedicated host providers and many more that I can't remember right now.

And besides all that You dare to fucking talk about how it's all admin faults LMAO. The L2 community of 2005 has been totally transformed in 2010 era, totally transformed in 2015 era and completely fucked up in 2020 era and you never mentioned that.

As about those crappy Admins you refer If they didn't exist you wouldn't exist making replies right now with the title "L2J Developer" on a cheating kind of forum so it's better to respect that fact instead of insulting them. And as @Trance said theory and words from practice are 2 completely different worlds not just in L2 business but in general.

You mean 1500 for some proper files? Ofc they always need work, so add more ? About 200-300 per month for site/server host +some crappy protection. +1000 minimum advertising if you want to call your server semi dead bot-phantom fest? 

Greedy admins.... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trance said:

TOP WEBSITES ARE ANOTHER CANCER.

This would help and make more sense if there was a new *topzone*, coming to life, filtering and categorizing private servers differently, not only by chronicles.

The *toozone* team being less lazy and actually checking a server's quality and players trusting their observation I guess.

A *topzone* needs a rating and reviewing system, where players can give stars from 1 to 5 and approved by the *topzone* team if the comments are legit. So players will only enter the servers that suit their style and admins don't have to waste time pleasing players (being toxic) that don't wanna stay anyways. It's a win-win.

THIS WOULD BE A GAME CHANGER FOR THE COMMUNITY. I wish I could make a *topzpne* website with no advertisements and stupid ass banners everywhere - greedy motherfuckers. Nothing but a basic premium package for a small server logo/banner. And a separated donations system that offers no benefits in return.

22 minutes ago, LordPanic said:

Thats a very fking good idea.

A site working as a filter seperating serious servers from crap session servers etc.

Basically it will be a similar to existed top server sites but with HUGE difference. It will not work as the current top-list servers voting = votes in the site. So atm  server is considered to be good only based by votes count. This needs to be changed we need to add more factors to this inorder to put a server in top or whatever.

You will have 3 sections in this site with lists of "Serious Servers" and "Fun Servers" and "New-Upcoming Servers". This site will work as a guide map for ppl who are searching for l2 servers depending on their needs.

For example:

Serious Servers

Name                 Client        Custom     Rates       Files       Protection  Recommends   Life

L2PePeGa      Interlude         No            x15         OFF             Yes                  1500                   2,5

L2MonkAs          H5               No            x35        Java             Yes                  1200                     1

*When you click the name of the server you will see more infos in the same spot

including all the ingame feautures etc...

*Filters by client etc...

Okay i know that many admins will avoid this site but it's for people so we dont give a shit about them. So we can include whatever server in the lists by ourselves. Honest Admins will contact us to review their server and add them in the list.

Something like that I guess.

Edited by Trance

1 hour ago, Trance said:

It's solid idea, a site made by players for players pretty much. No ads interfering with the users easy to read/clean af no ads poping out every sec just honest reviews for servers. I already do that (reviewing servers) here when i join someones server and give a reply with my experience and ofc admins always try to protect they project with their little helpers vouching for them. No crap about that there.

Edited by LordPanic
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LordPanic said:

It's solid idea, a site made by players for players pretty much. No ads interfering with the users easy to read/clean af no ads poping outt every sec just honest reviews from servers. I already do that (reviewing servers) here when i join someones server and give a reply with my experience and ofc admins always try to protect they project with their little helpers vouching for them. No crap about that there.

Readers will have to use their common sense. There's nothing more we can do about it.

My sincere suggestion to everyone is to just let go.

Let's not forget that aside from the private server part, NC is actively working to give L2 a bad name and has more broken "free" gameplay where you won't even have basic equipment unless you start paying loads of money than all of the p servers combined.

THE best idea for everyone is just to let L2 die, so that NC can finally put it in a grave and STOP the mad crusade. They are aiming to remove 97%+ of all content from L2 - just look at the recent mass deletions - the game will be left with 1k items in total, 5 quests (3 of which are dailies/weeklies), etc.

Just stop helping NC promote L2. The sooner it dies, the better state it will be in to pick up by all of us once NC buries it.

On 5/15/2020 at 7:31 AM, Trance said:

Readers will have to use their common sense. There's nothing more we can do about it.

Im willing to start this project NOW are u in ?

Edit:

@*real*savormix It has nothing to do with what u mentioned even tho they might be correct. This project will be used for private servers to clean things and help people to find servers. Removing all the shabby ads which are made to look the server so good and shiny.

It will be made by honest players helping the l2 community to filter the shit out and yes im talking about the 90% of l2j servers out there.

It's one step closer to do things better, and believe me im literally willing to join every single fking server out inorder to do that. A little help will be appreciated tho im not as good with all chronicles so...

This thing will help Admins that are willing to start a new project for the players and not for the money. For instance pvp server l2Drip.

So numbers doesnt matter in this case server might be in the top list with 200ppl why not ? If this 200 ppl feel fking awesome in this server and have fun etc...With good features no lies etc...Overall PLAYABLE.

Edit 2:

For those who  will cry eventually for ruining their business. Bitch they give me cancer all this years. Its my turn now.

Edited by LordPanic

7 hours ago, Dev said:

1500 euro Minimum budget if you want to have a decent project + many months of work and your return on that investment has high chances to equal to 0. So I don't try to defend those who open home made servers and never had the intension to do that at all. But :

YOU ALL earn money you as java developer, maxtor as advertiser, adrenaline as bot provider, l2help as spoof provider, Sguard as anti - bot provider, facebook, l2sites topzone hopzone, client devs, dedicated host providers and many more that I can't remember right now.

And besides all that You dare to fucking talk about how it's all admin faults LMAO. The L2 community of 2005 has been totally transformed in 2010 era, totally transformed in 2015 era and completely fucked up in 2020 era and you never mentioned that.

As about those crappy Admins you refer If they didn't exist you wouldn't exist making replies right now with the title "L2J Developer" on a cheating kind of forum so it's better to respect that fact instead of insulting them. And as @Trance said theory and words from practice are 2 completely different worlds not just in L2 business but in general.

Server for 1500 euros will be a bit better than for 300 euros. Even if you think what you could use L2OFF server as basis, then you again wrong. Even AdvExt GFIL very bugged. aCis team have enough experience with testing gameplay on this public test servers for judge about quality.

And SmartGuard protection isn't panacea. Any commertial protections with illegal software play in the game "Good/Bad policeman". I would agree with you if you said a price of 5,000 euros or more.

P.S. I know enough for judge about this, dude.

I will talk as a long time player from oldschool L2 from official servers and from private servers. In year 2020 the lineage players are the same, they will never increase if there is no a remaster.

Now all the players are like they know everything about balance and everything about the game. They want all servers been based to them and their class. If someone else kill them with a counter class they will cry and they say the server is unbalance. I remember from old official interlude days how messed up was olympiad there. There was no balance between classes and there was classes that was better in olympiad than others and this is a fact but noone cried cause we still discover things that days. We were new in this game ,we love it, we make friendships, we try to discover more and more things about  the game but nowdays this is destroyed.

Private Servers: There are admins that care only for money and open the server again and again with wipes without make any change in their server and believe me still works fine. But there also other admins that care about the server they try daily to change things to make their server better ,but there comes the community of the server, " WHY YOU CHANGE THAT , YOU DESTROY THE SERVER , I WILL LEAVE " In the other hand if you dont make updates we have the players "YOU WIPE THE SERVER WITH NO CHANGES, EVERY SEASON THE SAME SHIT, YOU CARE ONLY FOR MONEY, DO SOME CHANGES PLEASE, FIX THAT PLEASE" Players nowdays will never be happy trust me.

So i can assure you some admins make mistakes but the biggest issue about nowdays is the LINEAGE COMMUNITY and i talk as a player now. Nowdays players want to change server every month without any specific reason , either some clans wanted to move to another server and others move with them or i dunno.

I have more to say but i dont want to make it unreadable. Thats from me.

1 hour ago, WarningX said:

I will talk as a long time player from oldschool L2 from official servers and from private servers. In year 2020 the lineage players are the same, they will never increase if there is no a remaster.

Now all the players are like they know everything about balance and everything about the game. They want all servers been based to them and their class. If someone else kill them with a counter class they will cry and they say the server is unbalance. I remember from old official interlude days how messed up was olympiad there. There was no balance between classes and there was classes that was better in olympiad than others and this is a fact but noone cried cause we still discover things that days. We were new in this game ,we love it, we make friendships, we try to discover more and more things about  the game but nowdays this is destroyed.

Private Servers: There are admins that care only for money and open the server again and again with wipes without make any change in their server and believe me still works fine. But there also other admins that care about the server they try daily to change things to make their server better ,but there comes the community of the server, " WHY YOU CHANGE THAT , YOU DESTROY THE SERVER , I WILL LEAVE " In the other hand if you dont make updates we have the players "YOU WIPE THE SERVER WITH NO CHANGES, EVERY SEASON THE SAME SHIT, YOU CARE ONLY FOR MONEY, DO SOME CHANGES PLEASE, FIX THAT PLEASE" Players nowdays will never be happy trust me.

So i can assure you some admins make mistakes but the biggest issue about nowdays is the LINEAGE COMMUNITY and i talk as a player now. Nowdays players want to change server every month without any specific reason , either some clans wanted to move to another server and others move with them or i dunno.

I have more to say but i dont want to make it unreadable. Thats from me.

That's why I don't sit 24/7 anymore and don't monitor every fart a player makes. If there is no critical bug, it should got o bug report npc and I will get to it when I have time.

59 minutes ago, zemaitis said:

That's why I don't sit 24/7 anymore and don't monitor every fart a player server admin makes. If there is no critical bug, it should got o bug report npc and I will get to it when I have time.

Fixed for you. <3

Edited by Tryskell
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Trance said:

Every (server's) admin should have a profile-history with his previous work.

Hiding behind new nicknames is just disgusting.

Why would you feel ashamed, as an admin/developer, to show your previous work (or even github)?

People should support those who work hard enough to make a name for themselves.

These people have done so much damage to the community and the game itself ...

1 hour ago, bravetobe said:

Why would you feel ashamed, as an admin/developer, to show your previous work (or even github)?

Most of the greedy admins will avoid this site, so it's not even a scenario to be talked about. Atleast in my project, it's not for admins it's for players. Anyway i dont know if Trance is willing to start the project waiting for his response.Because im commited to start it even if im alone.

Edited by LordPanic

1 hour ago, bravetobe said:

That's normally the role of players - in case of server admins - or buyers/customers/supporters - in case of projects - to handle such thing.

The problem is, we speak about people, and people are easy to be fooled/scammed/corrupted. Also, many of them don't have a "common sense".

Regarding hopzone / topzone, I don't even understand why someone never made a public, friendly, player-oriented top.

Like pack projects, I guess, that's many speak and very little action.

Edited by Tryskell