Why Lineage 2 is DEAD

l2j mobius single handedly destroyed serious servers,  they given free sources for latest client compatibility protocols, and every idiot opened a server saying is new, and people went and played on those trash setup full of buggs, bad configs and configuration servers.

Ofc we as l2 comunity lost  , when u play l2 on 3 shitty  corrupt servers you leave after.
Before mobius either you had to work hard to develop your own server, or you had to invest = pay 1-2k euro for l2scripts to buy sources, either way required a SERIOUS approach.

Ty mobius for single handedly destroying the l2 private server community.

PS: i am a dev for a server since 2008, payed alot and worked every minute of my avialble time to do everything i can get to increase the quality of my work, just to hear some noob player open a shit mobius latest client compatibility update and all my players leaving thinking it s a complete full server side game, latest was fafurion.

And such they left, shitty server closed in 3 months, we all l2 community lost player because most of those will never play l2 again. 

i was trying to talk with mobius, he is an incredible guy , but is completly out of touch with the reality, he should just sell for real money so those who do not invest cannot release "latest" update and steal players , steal their money and then close and open a server with a different name and rinse and repeat, while us other admins who work on every aspect of l2, including server side, modding client side, working endless nights trying to fix skills, etc, have a fucking chance of keeping our player base.

i hope mobius reads this and realizes that he is doing much more wrong then good. 

and again, i am a dev who payed for l2scripts 2k euro to have the sources, which is pretty retarded, but  i did it so my players get the best platform to play on, at that moment of time.

Edited by darta

I see some people in this thread have been developing for so long they are completely out of touch with reality.

After the first few chronicles (prelude notincluded due to reasons), namely C1-C3, it became completely natural for players, especially clans, demand kickbacks and/or otherwise extort server admins.

I do remember what happened to all admins who thought they will not become corrupt - and this is in the times where 600-1k online (incl. bots and shops obviously) was not too uncommon - the clans simply blocked access to all high level hunting grounds by PKing everyone for an entire evening or two and then left.

The result was very simple: 200 players online, which are all bots/shops. When those shops came back and saw that everyone left, they also left. GG

Currently, you also have no chance if you do not give kickbacks. That's the main reason why among most popular and/or well advertised servers you ONLY see those that do kickbacks, on a smaller or larger scale.

i can see since the days we used to play in the old l2x  (C2/C3 times)
there was more players and few admins

nowdays there are 5323432 java projects

very very few extender projects

most players nowdays got a basic idea of how to run a Java server

and just few still woking with Extender
now using common sense
a server opens, lets says a L2 Classic Java that is actually on the wave

it gets a good bunch of people 
some weeks later 1/4 population starts to demand staff to make changes on server or balance related
as staff deny they quit playing cause they got idea of how to make a java server

they start their own new java server 
and so on... a month or 2 later you got at least 5 new l2 servers with promises
most of them fresh projects...

you know i have stick to C4 since 2017 and i dont find any entertainment in any new Chronicle

perhaps and this is related to my own attitude

yes i know i was wrong to argue about Java development things

also i criticize sunrise project and selected mobius
yes i was wrong and i owe to you my apologies
since a friend of mine pays his license on that project

he called me past month to enter on the H5 java server to test
so i dwnloaded H5 client and logged into the beta server  
for what i saw many things are corrected, server doesnt frezze anymore

and it seems that it has improved its performance
another reason to remain in silence 
i still like lot more the experience of playing in extender kind

but i also remember having good time in some java servers
at this point i wont argue again about development 
my several apologies to those who ive insulted and shitposted their topics

ok ppl   VS2005 downloaded  i have work to do

laters

Edited by etherian

1 minute ago, etherian said:

braindump blah blah blah

You can work on an extender if you intend to have a throwaway project or if you want to commit to a specific version. Otherwise you MUST go the way @MasterToma did, simply RE and create equivalent source code. Which, if you aim for an extender, is something you actively avoid. And this choice will come and kick your ass very hard later on.

Let's be real, the C2 and C3 private servers were NOT C2 and NOT C3. They were just disguised C1 servers, that's why it was such a shock to people who went on to play on official servers in C3 to discover their private server experience was worthless in REAL C3 (client versions 555, 557, 560).

1 hour ago, darta said:

And such they left, shitty server closed in 3 months, we all l2 community lost player because most of those will never play l2 again. 

idk, but what u want do at server after 1-2 months when you are full equip in 1 week even at 10x  rate? nowdays l2 is like marator, make faster equip than others and kill few randoms and leave server, bcs u get bored after 1 month

there no point keep private server online more than 3 months

42 minutes ago, *real*savormix said:

You can work on an extender if you intend to have a throwaway project or if you want to commit to a specific version. Otherwise you MUST go the way @MasterToma did, simply RE and create equivalent source code. Which, if you aim for an extender, is something you actively avoid. And this choice will come and kick your ass very hard later on.

Let's be real, the C2 and C3 private servers were NOT C2 and NOT C3. They were just disguised C1 servers, that's why it was such a shock to people who went on to play on official servers in C3 to discover their private server experience was worthless in REAL C3 (client versions 555, 557, 560).

yes i remember it was C1 extended to C2 then C3
but you know that noone actually cared in that time lineage 2 was pay to play
even for many people knowing that there was still big meeting at hunter village
the disaster unleashed with C4 and their inner circle devs staff
as one member left with the C3 project
and later near C4 to C5  i only played from inet cafe less and less due money/time
also i dont know who was in charge at their final era
cause when they changed from C3 to C4 i stoped to talk to all the staff  
one day when i showed up to the inet cafe and browsed to dwnload the patch 

there was a FBI page about piracy blabalabla  you know the rest of the history  

back to extender thing
last time i used VS to build smthing was back in 2012
and the only build/compile done was the public alpha hellbound 

im still student in that area and im willing to at least try to build something

instead using pre-compiled pack like the current im using 

if i have to learn the ways of  @MasterToma i could try
but Sighed was back like some kind of mentor/teacher for me
so i might listen to him in first instance

11 hours ago, Tryskell said:

Regarding hopzone / topzone, I don't even understand why someone never made a public, friendly, player-oriented top.

Im working on it right now, it's actually a forum showing on index Servers that had been reviewed  by me or whoever want to contribute to this case categorized depending on their quality like "Serious Server", "Fun Servers", "Joke Servers" etc.... On other tab forum will be displayed  for ppl to share their reviews etc...

*Inorder for a server to be listed in each category Staff/Community needs to agree to that.

I will say it one more time this forum/site will be made purely for the good of the l2 community made by players for players. i will not chase the profits. Everyone is welcome to contribute to this case.

This project require time, i played almost every interlude server out there. But still other chronicles are kinda null to me. So im looking for people who are willing to share their knowledge and some of their time for this case to build a strong community and help to clean this mess.

*Servers will be reviewed based on their ingame features Ballance,Geodata,Community,Support,Modifications,Server life span and overall functionality.

Admins are welcome to ask for a review ofc, me or other members will join their server to give an actuall review. So if server is new w.o ads etc... Review will not be affected bY shity other reasons like marketing power etc...

Rules are strict, i doubt that more than 10 servers will be listed as serious servers. Anyway we will see.

Overall concept of this platform:

As i mentioned before it will be used to clear the shit out of the way. Guiding map for people who are searching for servers telling them the true nature of each server reasons to play or not on each servers that is listed there.

Looking for l2 Veterans fluent with chronicles Kamael and higher who will share some of their time/knowledge for this project. Everyone is welcome.

BTW i will retire as a player , i will dedicate my free this to this purpose.

Edited by LordPanic

55 minutes ago, Zake said:

2020 and there are a lot of guys unleashing their bile on such topics

Finally someone who agrees with the main point I was trying to make

1 hour ago, *real*savormix said:

Finally someone who agrees with the main point I was trying to make

You basically said on your previous post to sit back and let l2 die. There is a reason why i told u , ur post is irrelevant. Waiting for  l2 by ncsoft die while private servers thrive leaching every single penny out of players.

NCSOFT is different shit to handle im not in mood to even touch it.

Now about private servers. No i will not let them do whatever they want. Its time for us (players) to do actively something about this shit. Its nothing personal , all this years i was sitting back saying nothing about the obvious  .Watching ppl just barking about the issues and doing nothing.

Im not playing it savior or anything , when i finish with my simple forum i will list everysingle server out there and categorise them into lists like "serious server", "fun server" etc... In your eyes it might not be a big deal but atleast its a honest work and actually do activelely something.

If this site gets many players helping the cause its a win for me this is the plan to begin with. Helping ppl to avoid such servers and force admins to never open their crappy servers again.

If opposite happen i will do it even if im alone idc...All my reviews will be based the truth and i will write whatever i see on each server.

Anyway, everyone is welcome.

Edited by LordPanic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LordPanic said:

You basically said on your previous post to sit back and let l2 die. There is a reason why i told u , ur post is irrelevant. Waiting for  l2 by ncsoft die while private servers thrive leaching every single penny out of players.

NCSOFT is different shit to handle im not in mood to even touch it.

Now about private servers. No i will not let them do whatever they want. Its time for us (players) to do actively something about this shit. Its nothing personal , all this years i was sitting back saying nothing about the obvious  .Watching ppl just barking about the issues and doing nothing.

Im not playing savior or anything , when i finish with my simple forum i will list everysingle server out there and categorise them into lists like "serious server", "fun server" etc... In your eyes it might not be a big deal but atleast its a honest work and actually do activelely something.

If this site gets many players helping the cause its a win for me this is the plan to begin with. Helping ppl to avoid such servers and force admins to never open their crappy servers again.

If opposite happen i will do it even if im alone idc...All my reviews will be based the truth and i will write whatever i see on each server.

Anyway, everyone is welcome.

Many people suggested to stay in C1 or C4 over time, look where that got them.

As I said, NC will not stop and L2 is no longer the game you remember.

And don't get me started on IL servers. IL private servers did not exist at any point in time, just like C2, C3, C5, etc. Just like a C1 server acting like C3 is not even close to C3, so is GF or C4 acting as IL not even close.

Let me just remind you that monster AI was finally normalized at around Gracia. Before there were major changes to both AI (monster behavior) and spawns between updates. If you play IL you clearly can just go play the newest "L2 classic", which has nothing to do with L2 anymore (it was quite promising at the start though), and act like it is exactly like the old days. No grade penalty, no drops from monsters, no manor, etc. etc.

The sooner NC drops L2 the easier it will be to recover the damage they have already done. Plus, you don't need to worry about private servers - it is mostly bots that are online there.

Edited by *real*savormix

53 minutes ago, *real*savormix said:

Many people suggested to stay in C1 or C4 over time, look where that got them.

As I said, NC will not stop and L2 is no longer the game you remember.

And don't get me started on IL servers. IL private servers did not exist at any point in time, just like C2, C3, C5, etc. Just like a C1 server acting like C3 is not even close to C3, so is GF or C4 acting as IL not even close.

Let me just remind you that monster AI was finally normalized at around Gracia. Before there were major changes to both AI (monster behavior) and spawns between updates. If you play IL you clearly can just go play the newest "L2 classic", which has nothing to do with L2 anymore (it was quite promising at the start though), and act like it is exactly like the old days. No grade penalty, no drops from monsters, no manor, etc. etc.

The sooner NC drops L2 the easier it will be to recover the damage they have already done. Plus, you don't need to worry about private servers - it is mostly bots that are online there.

Rly i doubt that ppl even cared about the core , hell even if u had bricks in trees acting like birds in ur server nobody would care because the majority of them never touched retail. Nobody cared about the functionallity of mobs etc. The only thing they wanted was pk,pvp,rbs,sieges.

*Note rbs had million issues back in the day still mass pvp in rbs was the biggest objective to show dominance over enemies so nobody cared that much about the rb itself.

L2 had many issues as a game but somehow it got a strong community. After all this years ppl still playing. Bugs and general issues never stopped it.

I know that it is almost dead thats why i created the topic to begin with. But i wanted to share my opinion,  with reasons why its dying. And speak about the plague of greednes that speed up the illness of the game to die faster.

As far as i know IL was the worst chronicle out there by NC. Still i got attracted by that (call me masochist).

Edited by LordPanic

2 hours ago, *real*savormix said:

IL private servers did not exist at any point in time, just like C2, C3, C5, etc. Just like a C1 server acting like C3 is not even close to C3, so is GF or C4 acting as IL not even close.

have you ever used any server files?
just asking if you are so sure on this
as i remember is quite simple
on what is related to l2off
smeli C1 extended till the end of the universe ( mostly client compatibilty )
C4 leak and their open source aka used as base till hellbound 
IL versions back in past dVamp kind and later vanganth
GF extended till H5

actually for nowdays if we gonna compare source replica  with java server
we can say it does not matter so much what do you use to run as server
but packet handling from client is the real matter

interlude private server did not existed ?? 
so then what i was playing back at 2008 in dragon network ?  

just asking cause you write like knowing a lot
but your signature seems that you play or played oficial lineage server

anyway... might be my opinion  but i think im not so wrong
maybe i miss some details
but let me remind you to call that IL never existed is like to despise the work of others
dunno i respect those who did everything posible to give us the closest gameplay to the real L2

laters ppl 

• Like 1

@LordPanic you seem so intent on saving L2 and/or its community, even though you yourself admit that the people currently playing on p servers do not really care. They would play MUO, Aion, BDO, CabalO or whatever shit as long as they can connect there with their preinstalled L2 client.

Like literally, I could start a MUO server, perhaps one of the old ones, e.g. 0.97d, slap a NetPro-based traffic translator between it and the internet, advertise it as L2 server and BAM - I would see people in Lorencia/Dungeon/Lost Tower/etc., while they would see TI/Elven Ruins/ToI and think they are playing L2. The attacks would be a bit strange, but anyone used to how fundamentally broken the standard attacks are in l2j will not care; perhaps a bit tougher with skills and classes, but hell, these people don't care as long as you can have PvP - and the karma system (and Phonomania on the other side) map quite nicely to one another.

In other words, you will not save the community as the community does not care one bit about L2.

@etherian yes:

Prelude BETA leak (336 client)

the three C1 leaks (the english one needed throwing out the trash)

C4

rpgclub GF (also needed throwing out the trash)

GD

Ertheia

Extenders are good as they tackle common exploits (that are well known due to how horribly outdated the leaked files are) and server crashes. Everything else that an extender does, is cancer (unless you yourself specifically need that in your custom gameplay).

As for the client packets, that is easy, as explained above. I can disguise a MUO server as a L2 server (even the latest LIVE/CLASSIC/BLOODY version), so what? It is still MUO that players would be actually playing. Not L2, no matter how much advertisements would claim otherwise.

In other words, just because I would make MUO server work with IL client, that will not magically make me have a REAL IL private server.

Edited by *real*savormix