How to create a new zone name (that apears when you enter)

Hello there, 

I would like to know which file needs to be configured in order to change a "Neutral Waterways" to a "mynewzone".

I already changed the ZoneName-e from client system side but nothing changed, also the zone verticals on DB.

Thank you in advance.

It's actually zonename-e.dat. Did you close and open your game afterwards?

You mean the message that pops on screen right ?

Edited by FrozenWarrior

2 hours ago, Agonoize said:

Yes i did actually but it still pops as neutral waterways even though i created a line with the map x and y.
(yes i mean the Pop Up on screen) 

So you didn't Change neutral waterways.

You created a new one inside neutral waterways?

I want to change a specific place on the map, let's say 18_18 map. So when you enter this map I want to get a pop-up "Agonoize Valley" as an example.

Even though I am creating a new line at the end of zonename-e.dat with this record, it still appears Neutral Waterways.

It seems that it is written somewhere else since in my zonename file the neutral waterways recond has x:0 and y:0

1 hour ago, Agonoize said:

I want to change a specific place on the map, let's say 18_18 map. So when you enter this map I want to get a pop-up "Agonoize Valley" as an example.

Even though I am creating a new line at the end of zonename-e.dat with this record, it still appears Neutral Waterways.

It seems that it is written somewhere else since in my zonename file the neutral waterways recond has x:0 and y:0

Did u delete-overwritten waterways ?

Or u just left it there and just created "agonoize valley"?

Pretty sure you have to or u have to exclude the exact coordinates from waterways to make it work.

Else you are going to have 2 zonenames in the same coordinates.

I tried with my client and it worked right of the bat when I changed the name.

Edited by FrozenWarrior

My server is java not frozen. Is there any chance to keep both value's? ( I mean to create the new area and keep the rest of the other "waterways as it is" otherwise whole waterways will be "agonoize valley"

1 hour ago, Agonoize said:

My server is java not frozen. Is there any chance to keep both value's? ( I mean to create the new area and keep the rest of the other "waterways as it is" otherwise whole waterways will be "agonoize valley"

You probably would have to exclude the exact coordinates from waterways(lower the extent of waterways) in order to make the zone exclusive for your "agonoize valley".

I'm not 100% sure tho because that's a bit out of my knowledge.

Edited by FrozenWarrior

Spoiler

nbr    zone_color_id    x_world_grid    y_world_grid    top_z    bottom_z    zone_name    coords?[0]    coords?[1]    coords?[2]    coords?[3]    coords?[4]    coords?[5]    unk02    map    dupa
0    0    0    0    30000.00000000    -30000.00000000    a,Neutral Waterways\0    -1    -1    -1    -1    -1    -1    0.00000000    a,    0
34    255    21    25    30000.00000000    -6873.00000000    a,Neutral Waterways\0    -1    -1    -1    -1    -1    -1    0.00000000    a,    0
495    255    26    22    30000.00000000    -30000.00000000    a,Agonoize Valley\0    -1    -1    -1    -1    -1    -1    0.00000000    a,    0

Here it is the structure, how should i modify it, since the first looks like the default and the "34" seems to be only in 21_25.unr map. Any idea?

I'm not sure I can help you here.

But if I had to guess I would say that u probably have to lower the numbers.

30000 to 20000 and -30000 to -20000 for example. Give it a try.

And that the coords act as a center maybe ? But I don't see any coords. You can try adding.

Edited by FrozenWarrior