aCis auto-attack stop after 1-2 hit

Hello, i had a client once who had a bug in aCis 399 Rev. Once you hit a player (flag or not) after 1-2 melee attacks you stopped as if the target is not auto attackable.

I had this fix but after 2 years i have the same thing. Is this retail like or bug? Should the attack stop like this?

2 hours ago, Kara said:

Hello, i had a client once who had a bug in aCis 399 Rev. Once you hit a player (flag or not) after 1-2 melee attacks you stopped as if the target is not auto attackable.

I had this fix but after 2 years i have the same thing. Is this retail like or bug? Should the attack stop like this?

Test it on AdvExt ;).

Usually if you give the command to your character that you want to force attack (ctrl+F1) the character hits the target until you give the command to stop. This is how it has always worked. It is weird that the character stops after a single attack.

6 hours ago, Kara said:

Should the attack stop like this?

It's up to you if attack should stop like this. I have played in l2 off servers back in the day where player would keep attacking (if enemy was flagged of course, peace zone and other requirements were met).  Tryskell is using an extender as an example, he might be true, he might not. Anyway, imho when it comes to such decisions you should take into consideration what's more convenient for the player.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

use macro  /useskillforce  and its fixed at 90% serbers 

or /attackforce  i remember we was using it at l2off files , since  after 1 skill its stopped attack 

Edited by AchYlek

17 hours ago, Zake said:

It's up to you if attack should stop like this. I have played in l2 off servers back in the day where player would keep attacking (if enemy was flagged of course, peace zone and other requirements were met).  Tryskell is using an extender as an example, he might be true, he might not. Anyway, imho when it comes to such decisions you should take into consideration what's more convenient for the player.

+1

19 hours ago, Zake said:

My point is to emulate a game, and even more particular, a chronicle. Not to build something convenient.

L2J added geopathing for players chasing other players, while the chasing is in fact in straight line, in both extenders or Innova. At this point, it's not being convenient or not - you simply play another game.

Also, I have to rely on something, being wrong or bad. L2OFF and any related forks, even if partially wrong, are still more accurate than any L2J (If L2OFF is 95%, L2J is 75%). The wrong part of L2OFF is about extended content (for IL, C5 and IL content then) and for that you can only rely on upper chronicles. Gameplay base was almost never touched.

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...
On 11/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, Tryskell said:

My point is to emulate a game, and even more particular, a chronicle. Not to build something convenient.

L2J added geopathing for players chasing other players, while the chasing is in fact in straight line, in both extenders or Innova. At this point, it's not being convenient or not - you simply play another game.

Also, I have to rely on something, being wrong or bad. L2OFF and any related forks, even if partially wrong, are still more accurate than any L2J (If L2OFF is 95%, L2J is 75%). The wrong part of L2OFF is about extended content (for IL, C5 and IL content then) and for that you can only rely on upper chronicles. Gameplay base was almost never touched.

just admit you never like autobots/fakeplayer , only "devs" who make player chase other player with path finders are the ones who don't want to look stupid in front of stupid players playing with bots  ... imagine a bot in hot springs trying to straight line chase a player that is hidding after a small rock. he will never reach the target damn ... xD

Such behavior should be made retail like but should be fully configurable. I doubt any mid-rate (or even low-rate) owners would like the players to be annoyed having to spam click to attack someone.

Otherwise just hardcode everything for a clean Interlude x1 and only keep networking & database configurations.

Edited by An4rchy
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 12:04 PM, arm4729 said:

just admit you never like autobots/fakeplayer , only "devs" who make player chase other player with path finders are the ones who don't want to look stupid in front of stupid players playing with bots  ... imagine a bot in hot springs trying to straight line chase a player that is hidding after a small rock. he will never reach the target damn ... xD

That's not something I have to take in consideration, also, in case of autobot/fakeplayers, nothing stop you to use the method used by the monsters (which actually use geopath).

It looks like L2OFF "rewards" ppl for good positioning, that's simply part of the gameplay and I do as I see it.

5 hours ago, An4rchy said:

Such behavior should be made retail like but should be fully configurable. I doubt any mid-rate (or even low-rate) owners would like the players to be annoyed having to spam click to attack someone.

Otherwise just hardcode everything for a clean Interlude x1 and only keep networking & database configurations.

Since the time, you should know it's not the house's motto ;). Consider I generate some jobs for people.

If you begin to add booleans for such things, it's a never ending path you decide to choose (and which I never considered, since people are enough clever to share themselves customs when they want to).

You can also educate people to play the actual real game.

PS : there's actual real cases where auto-attack is supposed to occur, like arenas. And they are normally respected.

Edited by Tryskell