You might hate me for this

Amenadiel

22 minutes ago, zemaitis said:

So lucera, advext64 are garbage in your opinion?

advext64 for sure in terms of l2off servers.

lucera isn't bad but it is personal 1-man project with closed source. I doubt a man like Deazer would like to have a section here :)

Edited by Xtellia

11 minutes ago, Xtellia said:

advext64 for sure in terms of l2off servers.

lucera isn't bad but it is personal 1-man project with closed source. I doubt a man like Deazer would like to have a section here 🙂

Deazer had his own section on maxcheaters forum but it was so inactive and maxtor removed it.

The main problem with the community here and the L2 private server community in general is greed.

Not a single project i have joined as part of a team were doing it for fun or to learn or be a part of a community. I get it, running a server can be very lucrative but when it becomes all about the money the server suffers. People can sense that, thats why they dont invest time in a server just money to get that old nostalgia feeling for a week and then move on or wait for the inevitable re-opening in 1-2 months to repeat the cycle again.

This translates into the l2j projects too, with people withholding codes for personal use or pay wall things. 

Maybe not only players but developers too need to change their mindset about this, thats the only way to break this cycle.

Rant is over, i dont know maybe im completely wrong and the problem is L2 is an old game.

1 hour ago, Rootware said:

Those projects it's really garbage. Try to waste a bit more time for tests and you find a lot of bugs in those projects.

I know people who built themsleves houses from that "garbage" lmao. 

1 hour ago, ZaNteR said:

The main problem with the community here and the L2 private server community in general is greed.

Not a single project i have joined as part of a team were doing it for fun or to learn or be a part of a community. I get it, running a server can be very lucrative but when it becomes all about the money the server suffers. People can sense that, thats why they dont invest time in a server just money to get that old nostalgia feeling for a week and then move on or wait for the inevitable re-opening in 1-2 months to repeat the cycle again.

This translates into the l2j projects too, with people withholding codes for personal use or pay wall things. 

Maybe not only players but developers too need to change their mindset about this, thats the only way to break this cycle.

Rant is over, i dont know maybe im completely wrong and the problem is L2 is an old game.

pretty much.

9b0bb2224615215cc05894405f954124.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZaNteR said:

Lineage2 became pay 2 play all cp leaders seek for money none will play a decent server without payment.

ofcourse they know that if a server is populated they are on the right spot asking for money in order to play their server and thats not the only shit thing u have to pay them weekly so they stay. also if you do not pay them the weekly amount the only thing they will do is calling your server "crap corrupted admins etc" thats the lineage you are playing on 2021

Oof this topic is depressing to read. 

Well there are people out there who are trying to make some unique and custom projects. 

It's not completely dead. 

I think people need to be more open to new ideas and be more willing to help each other out. There are to many people who need to be right, rather than focus on the positive. 

Also, I agree that this L2 community has turned into one huge p2w money grabbing system meant to profit on nostalgia.  

2 hours ago, ZaNteR said:

It's definitely not how I operate my server. 

But then again I never worked on a l2 server before until my project. 

I can say that MANY people I have worked with turned out to be greedy jerks who did not really care about my goals, which is to provide a new fun l2 experience for the players and myself. 

Again... man these forums are super depressing. 

It's not just L2, but I think the whole gaming industry is like this. Most large game companies are corporate and become more about money than the players. Hello Blizzard? 

There are only a very few game companies I can think of that actually care about their players still. 

Edited by kevilicious

2 hours ago, zemaitis said:

I know people who built themsleves houses from that "garbage" lmao. 

So, we talking about 100% working project or most beneficial? You starts from one thesis and if you fucked up, you switched to another.

I see that this topic it's another Bla Bla BLa.

3 hours ago, splicho said:

In my opinion MaxCheaters became into a fucking huge marketplace in terms of helping other people. I remember back in the days where people actually had issues with their files and what not and people were incredible passionate to help them out.

The reason for passionate past was that most of peoples back then with "knowledge" was still learning and by helping they improve their skills too, also the economy of 2005 vs 2021 is not the same, so people expect to be rewarded for hours and hours they have spend on reading.

Today, you would first need to send the guy that is  trying to help you a payment and then hes willing to help. I can understand that nothing in life is free.

I don't know why peoples thinking that they can consume others time and don't want to reward them. Any trust me they don't pay that one line, they pay their laziness to read or google it. (Not that I have charge somebody for one line.. just I don't see reason to not charge).

but, for what is the helping channel there for at all when you have to pay for a simple line of code or something similar ? So why not just post your issue in the marketplace section ?

Help channel is there for people who still have time and wish to give some hints on the people that asking. I think nobody can force anyone to work for free, and in time that most of questions of help section are already answered or are just 1 minute on google/stackoverflow.

If you take Brasil in comparison, they don't even allow such things. There is no room to even advertise your services if you have anything to sell. When you have a problem, people actually trying to help you until you fixed your problem.

They don't sell anything.. but also 99% on the BR forum not creating anything.. they leach/steal shares/packs from other forums.. so that's the worst disrespect in face of people that code and share (So maybe that kind of forums are part of the problem that push developers to selling codes when nobody respect their job/time)

Nothing personal with @splicho just wanted to say my opinion on this questions.

In my case, yes I have marketplace services when people asking customs.. but on retails I'm working/helping for free the only project that interest me and my nostalgy (a.k.a. aCis).

In the end I have done a lot of shares and even have helped a lot by Discord and other DMs.. most of time helping people that earn donations of that free help and complain if you ask payment for complicate fix.

Edited by StinkyMadness

I just came to this forum and I realize that it is an old forum with a lot of abandoned stuff you keep working it but everything is abandoned and old (or payit), I think you should keep things, but most of the links and guides are older than the bible (exaggeration) I'm not looking for drama, just a master who can teach me how to put mods in L2. Is it so difficult?
I think it would be better for you(community) joining forces and not doing the competition as they always do in all L2 forums, I have been doing mods for years and THEY ARE ALL FREE, I only charge when they ask me for an exclusive thing but even so when I upload the mod it is free for everybody...

1 hour ago, UraNu5 said:

I just came to this forum and I realize that it is an old forum with a lot of abandoned stuff you keep working it but everything is abandoned and old (or payit), I think you should keep things, but most of the links and guides are older than the bible (exaggeration) I'm not looking for drama, just a master who can teach me how to put mods in L2. Is it so difficult?
I think it would be better for you(community) joining forces and not doing the competition as they always do in all L2 forums, I have been doing mods for years and THEY ARE ALL FREE, I only charge when they ask me for an exclusive thing but even so when I upload the mod it is free for everybody...

I'm a veteran old supporter of this forum with guides, topics for free codes, mods and videos on how to create your own server with views around 70K  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNjQ9z_IOA0

But that was back when people were not greedy. Now i won't provide any free code to any random who want to open server just for money. Don't be silly and compare 2010 with 2020. 

Even people who pay nowadays demand for extra.

Are they aware that the cost they are paying include your knowledge, your effort and your time? No they don't.

Why should anyone sit for free and provide code to any random toxic kid. So basically i wasted 10 years of my life learning how to proper code just for others to come by and take it for free? No thanks ain't happen. People who complain for lack of guide, lack of free code should simply do something themselves other than leek, and try make money of server.

MAXC is an old station with many shares, old guides and sometimes you can get free support.

If you want extra codes or help do your job, get money and pay your developer. 

Edited by Kara

3 hours ago, Kara said:

So basically i wasted 10 years of my life

lets leave it to that, you became an l2j developer 😢 so double wasted.

[GR] ζητάνε τζιντικει ντεβ στην νοβα[/GR]

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hypest said:

@Vilmis downvote me one more time i swear i will be your fucking shadow

Sorry, but i did not feel you 🤔and you mentioned me as an example when only those haters were aggressive and attacked me by words (including you) . So, why I can't do downvote if I don't like your opinion or disagree with you? Please tell me. Also, you wrote not nice word that i did not like either. That's why i gave you another 1. 😉

Edited by Vilmis

15 minutes ago, Vilmis said:

Sorry, but i did not feel you 🤔and you mentioned me as an example when only those haters were aggressive and attacked me by words (including you) . So, why I can't do downvote if I don't like your opinion or disagree with you? Please tell me. Also, you wrote not nice word that i did not like either. That's why i gave you another 1. 😉

Just because your project sucks and i tried to help you but you were agressive on discord doesnt mean you can downvote, upvote if you like my topic or be neutral if you do not 

• Haha 1