aCis vs Lucera

5 minutes ago, L2RAPTOR said:

I do understand bitch. And this effects admins and players how?

I'm veteran developer so i can't explain to normal people unfortunately.

I'll let this magenta Melroni and this orange Ruski rootwaroni to do the talk for me.

They are both coded by me so please feel free to open any conversation with them.

Edited by Kara

Just now, Kara said:

I'm veteran developer so i can't explain to normal people unfortunately.

I'll let this magenta Melroni and this orange Ruski rootwaroni to do the talk for me.

If you cant support your post then don't make a post

2 minutes ago, L2RAPTOR said:

then dont make a post if you are going to refuse answer

You realize after all this "aggression" you take out on 5 people nobody is going to respond in your help section topic right? At least if others do, you lost me. Also i won't write again here since it turn out a troll discussion.

Just now, L2RAPTOR said:

how is L2off better than L2j?

Not all. The big chance of high quality for L2OFF possible only for leaked chronicles because developers need only bug fixing. This resolves with extenders.

All other cases it's upgrading/dowgrading leaked sources with many many bugs. AdvExt an example of this.

10 minutes ago, Kara said:

You realize after all this "aggression" you take out on 5 people nobody is going to respond in your help section topic right? At least if others do, you lost me. Also i won't write again here since it turn out a troll discussion.

Whatever.. I ask for why L2off is better than L2j and nobody gives a logical reason for admin or players.

I have no "aggession"

I am willing to listen to all relevant opinions

9 minutes ago, Rootware said:

Not all. The big chance of high quality for L2OFF possible only for leaked chronicles because developers need only bug fixing. This resolves with extenders.

All other cases it's upgrading/dowgrading leaked sources with many many bugs. AdvExt an example of this.

So how do you rate l2jorion pack and why? Why you think L2off is better than L2jorion?

L2jorion has upgraded files you know..

Edited by L2RAPTOR

Just now, L2RAPTOR said:

Whatever.. I ask for why L2off is better than L2j and nobody gives a logical reason for admin or players.

I have no "aggession"

I am willing to listen to all relevant opinions

So how do you rate l2jorion pack and why? Why you think L2off is better than L2jorion?

L2jorion has upgraded files you know..

I just read the changelog and that's enough to understand that there was no serious work there. Solid edits one line at a time.

I you have a sources then i can say to you more details of this "high quality project".

57 minutes ago, melron said:

L2jOrion Exercise : Answer the following questions:

1. What was the dev's thought when wrote this code?
  2. Why is it coded like that? What's the benefit?

Class: L2PcInstance

@Override
public final int getLevel()
{
	int level = getStat().getLevel();

if (level == -1)
	{

L2PcInstance local_char = restore(this.getObjectId());

if (local_char != null)
		{
			level = local_char.getLevel();
		}

}

if (level < 0)
	{
		level = 1;
	}

return level;
}

Believe me this code was not written by me or somebody else from Orion and it's already changed  long time ago. It came from others who worked before me. As i mentioned before i'm updating and changing the old code to new one - time by time. What i can say all packs had old and trash codes that were changed time by time. So, it is not a surprise to find some kind of trash code somewhere in code as me when i posted a heading bug fix for interlude packs some time ago https://maxcheaters.com/topic/226773-heading-bug-fix/?tab=comments#comment-2716027 before i did not notice this fixed somewhere in packs at all. 

Backing  to topic - Ofc it was unnecessary part of code, but it did not effect at all. Maybe that who wrote this code had some kind of own ideas to use this for... I have no idea for what, but who knows 🙂

3 minutes ago, Vilmis said:

Believe me this code was not written by me or somebody else from Orion and it's already changed  long time ago. It came from others who worked before me. As i mentioned before i'm updating and changing the old code to new one - time by time. What i can say all packs had old and trash codes that were changed time by time. So, it is not a surprise to find some kind of trash code somewhere in code as me when i posted a heading bug fix for interlude packs some time ago https://maxcheaters.com/topic/226773-heading-bug-fix/?tab=comments#comment-2716027 before i did not notice this fixed somewhere in packs at all. 

Backing  to topic - Ofc it was unnecessary part of code, but it did not effect at all. Maybe that who wrote this code had some kind of own ideas to use this for... I have no idea for what, but who knows 🙂

I can't know who coded it and for real, i don't care lol.... The fact is, the person who gave me this code (as an answer) had the latest one without touching this thing and as i saw from your last changeset... was there.

It maybe does not affect something but the thought to be added there, was maden for a reason after all. Something was broken and trying to catch it....

Most of times, you cant catch something with your eye if it will affect the gameplay or the player or something until you test/debug it live with bots or players. But for real, in 2k21 you have db connections with java 6 style 

Connection conect = null;
try
{
    conect = L2DatabaseFactory.getInstance().getConnection();
    PreparedStatement statement = conect.prepareStatement

and generally, seems like you have abandoned the structure reparse ...

I have more examples right now in my hands to post in order to prove to your client that there are huge mistakes inside that you can't avoid. 

Nothing personal with you nor your project btw, my opinion is jut my opinion. I found it bad and i said it.  i'm just having fun with the other guy who claiming that his sources is the best.

@Kara @Rootware @Elfocrash
Just 1 simple question to you guys. Why you are such arrogant assholes? If this guy want to say something good about pack, let him. Why you need act this role - look at me, i'm so smart and you all idiots. The real trash is you all 3. 🙂

1 hour ago, melron said:

L2jOrion Exercise : Answer the following questions:

1. What was the dev's thought when wrote this code?
  2. Why is it coded like that? What's the benefit?

Class: L2PcInstance

@Override
public final int getLevel()
{
	int level = getStat().getLevel();

if (level == -1)
	{

if (local_char != null)
		{
			level = local_char.getLevel();
		}

}

if (level < 0)
	{
		level = 1;
	}

return level;
}

really depends on what purpose is made like that. there are so many codes in STAT that return -1, especially in old l2j versions.

Edited by BruT

Just now, BruT said:

really depends on what purpose is made like that. there are so many codes in STAT that return -1

A logical return is the player's level lol. Why would you get a different value from your level value on your L2PcInstance#getLevel method ?? No excuses on that. 

7 minutes ago, melron said:

A logical return is the player's level lol. Why would you get a different value from your level value on your L2PcInstance#getLevel method ?? No excuses on that. 

every source got so many tempfixes left behind after a proper fix, its probly one of them, i guess it was made cuz they had getLevel() issues and that was the only solution they had.

from what i read i can speculate that getLevel was returning -1 in some cases probly like some objects being null and returning -1 thats why they create a new object just to get its level xD and in case it doesnt load they were returning level 1, yes its lame code but you know when you are with limited knowledge every stupid idea is a solution xD

Edited by BruT

5 minutes ago, BruT said:

every source got so many tempfixes left behind after a proper fix, its probly one of them, i guess it was made cuz they had getLevel() issues and that was the only solution they had.

I aggree after all as a temp fix until finding the problem. But if the 'leak' was real and this calc could return different value than the actual instance level, as you can see

if (level == -1)
	{

It starts a restore procedure which requires > 1 database connection. All that for calling .getLevel() that is being calling by task managers maybe every +- 10 seconds and for 1 instance. That's horrific

Edited by melron