aCis vs Lucera

12 minutes ago, Vilmis said:

@Kara @Rootware @Elfocrash
Just 1 simple question to you guys. Why you are such arrogant assholes? If this guy want to say something good about pack, let him. Why you need act this role - look at me, i'm so smart and you all idiots. The real trash is you all 3. 🙂

Why you quote me? I'm just making fun since the topic itself turn into drama. 

So don't ever dare to write anything to me again please. 

5 minutes ago, melron said:

I aggree after all as a temp fix until finding the problem. But if the 'leak' was real and this calc could return different value than the actual instance level, as you can see

if (level == -1)
	{

L2PcInstance local_char = restore(this.getObjectId());

It starts a restore procedure which requires > 1 database connection. All that for calling .getLevel() that is being calling by task managers maybe ever +- 10 seconds. That's horrific

i dont think it loads anything from the database but just in some cases, the reason they made L2PcInstance local_char is just because they are lame and they cant properly load data from the sql

if (level == -1)

thats a case not static and as i said when you are out of ideas every stupid idea is a solution 🙂

Edited by BruT

2 minutes ago, BruT said:

i dont think it loads anything from the database but just in some cases

It is... 

https://prnt.sc/112merp

2 minutes ago, melron said:

zzzz, just check when getLevel() returns -1 you will understand

int level = getStat().getLevel();

if (level == -1)
Edited by BruT

@BruT and @melron
I just want to help you finish up your discussion and stop wasting your time.

As i remember they have made catch error in stats and giving level - 1....
Btw, yes , restore means 1 connection to database.

1 minute ago, BruT said:

zzzz, just check when getLevel() returns -1 you will understand

int level = getStat().getLevel();

if (level == -1)

Not having the needed files but my mind could actually answer to you, that it should not ever return a different byte value than the players actual level. player.getlevel should be players get level.

Im accepting the fact that getStat().getLevel() could return something different, but here, in our case, there isn't any other calculation in order to think that the correct value is going to be returned.

As you said, its probably a temp fix

Just now, melron said:

Not having the needed files but my mind could actually answer to you, that it should not ever return a different byte value than the players actual level. player.getlevel should be players get level.

Im accepting the fact that getStat().getLevel() could return something different, but here, in our case, there isn't any other calculation in order to think that the correct value is going to be returned.

As you said, its probably a temp fix

in the old l2j versions many getStat() implemendations could return -1 values, the tempfix or whatever is it is crap but it was made for a reason, we cannot judge people's limited knowledge 😄

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, BruT said:

in the old l2j versions many getStat() implemendations could return -1 values, the tempfix or whatever is it is crap but it was made for a reason, we cannot judge people's limited knowledge 😄

Nope, "1" or "0" is the default value for most, if not all stats.

That level stuff with restore posted by melron isn't part of regular L2JIL, nor even any L2J branch - until I missed something.

@L2RAPTOR not sure why you compare L2OFF and L2J - they are completely different. While L2J forks try to imitate L2OFF, they are still far from L2OFF. And L2OFF is, also, far from retail (C5-IL content was mostly "guessed", as L2J "guessed" content aswell). So basically, IL is "not achievable", since we rely on flawed L2OFF. See, after 10y of developping, 20+ devs, 400+ customers, aCis is still far to be perfect - even though, it goes on the right direction.

Any randomer can "hotfix" a server and "imitate" L2OFF behavior - the difference between a good and a bad pack is about that "hotfix" policy, imho. When you pill up temporary solutions, that's like RooT's image - a terrible building with nice facade.

Which doesn't mean your pack won't be popular - L2JFrozen being the best exemple of that "temporary solution" policy. If you check their dev timeline - as I actually did when it was active - you would figure out they did almost nothing as rework/rewrite. They mostly hotfixed things. And well, it looks it's enough for many people.

As an admin and a player, you probably won't have to care. As a developer, it's the night and day comparison when you "read" a code with unified syntax, javadoc, correct conventions, etc... The difference can be so important than the time factor to understand "something" out of a source can increase by a factor of 2 to, easily, 10 - depending about code quality.

I won't join the "aCis vs Lucera" battle :P. You only have to know they do different things, for different people. Simply use what appeals you better.

1 hour ago, Vilmis said:

@Kara @Rootware @Elfocrash
Just 1 simple question to you guys. Why you are such arrogant assholes? If this guy want to say something good about pack, let him. Why you need act this role - look at me, i'm so smart and you all idiots. The real trash is you all 3. 🙂

If you talking about @L2RAPTOR then he already said here what he don't understand in L2J overall. So, that the good enough reason not to trust his opinion.

1 hour ago, BruT said:

We must keeping in mind what L2J is good exampe where people learning languages and level up own knowledge on it. And a lot of code was written an newbies w/o common code writting style. That's the one of the major problems of L2J community.

We can't judge them because they was a part of us. They will come and go. And everyone will leave their mark in the code. But we must talking about those who are trying to make money, IMHO.

Unfortunately, people don't feeling the difference between those two groups.

orion is based on frozen so the previous guys are nefer and shyla, even more than that refer to scoria i am sure this vilmis know that so what he did was to grab last rev of l2jfrozen and remove all

/**

* @author nefer
*/

/**
* @author shyla

*/
present it as own

/**

* @author vilmis
*/

job done lets make 2-3 changes and own pack created

step 2 sell it

step 3 try to tell people "we" dont sell trash

try to prove "we" are many

yes l2jorion is trash from any developer perspective and my opinion as a php dev who can understand basics on java is dont use trash like orion

PS i've also seen source code by client when he told me he paid for frozen files i told him to report vilmis but he didnt care so you have him here trash talking and showing no respect to even the predecessors of his "own" pack

classic trash dev can only have classic trash pack

to those who are non-developers and as many times stated wont understand why a pack is called trash there is no reason to answer use it for you and your 10 people players and maybe 10.000 fake players if you know how to adapt fakes.

also you are using GPL3 you sell this pack under free license what a dumb fuck you are..

Edited by Nightw0lf

11 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

yes l2jorion is trash from any developer perspective and my opinion as a php dev who can understand basics on java is dont use trash like orion

PS i've also seen source code by client when he told me he paid for frozen files i told him to report vilmis but he didnt care so you have him here trash talking and showing no respect to even the predecessors of his "own" pack

PHP developer in a topic for Java? 

This is only for java developers 

Bv3inmU.gif

5 minutes ago, Kara said:

PHP developer in a topic for Java? 

This is only for java developers 

Bv3inmU.gif

you say to fuck out but you dont say why

what matters is if i know java

not if i am not java dev -.-"

Edited by Nightw0lf

13 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

you say to fuck out but you dont say why

what matters is if i know java

not if i am not java dev -.-"

mxMeik0.jpg

It's sad but it's true we have a common! 

Edited by Kara
  • Sad 1

python

print("orion is trash");

java

package test;  
public class Test  
{  
    public static void main(String args[])  
    {  
        System.out.print("orion is trash. ");
    }