Has botting destroyed the entire game?

ajihu

You keep talking about all the bugs, but never explained any of them.

A server with a large community has to be doing something well. You can't give shit to 3000 people and expect them to stay, because in Reborn they stayed.

The picture you posted is completely understandable, perhaps the 60IQ was a bit too much, but it's true that people need explaining like they're 6 year olds to understand.

Btw, I bet if I made you login in 1 L2J and 1 L2OFF you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's not 2010, L2J servers, specially for interlude, have all the features and movement/behaviour is identical. Ofcourse I'm not talking about the stupid servers re-opening every month with lucera, talking about people that actually put effort into making their server. (Btw, nothing wrong with lucera, it's even closer to L2OFF values, it's just that people use it as a preconfigured pack and change only the name that pisses me off.)

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, An4rchy said:

You keep talking about all the bugs, but never explained any of them.

A server with a large community has to be doing something well. You can't give shit to 3000 people and expect them to stay, because in Reborn they stayed.

The picture you posted is completely understandable, perhaps the 60IQ was a bit too much, but it's true that people need explaining like they're 6 year olds to understand.

Btw, I bet if I made you login in 1 L2J and 1 L2OFF you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's not 2010, L2J servers, specially for interlude, have all the features and movement/behaviour is identical. Ofcourse I'm not talking about the stupid servers re-opening every month with lucera, talking about people that actually put effort into making their server. (Btw, nothing wrong with lucera, it's even closer to L2OFF values, it's just that people use it as a preconfigured pack and change only the name that pisses me off.)

idk what u trying to prove with reborn but in the same post u calling the same people 6years old and expecting them to understand if a server good or not. lol. i just told my honest opinion for a server i played and it was one of the worst server that i played in past decade. thats it. when i start playing this game the soulshots were manuel and please, even only this information gives me rights to tell that i can understand if a server java or off. idk who u are or what project u worked with. maybe u doing really good job, im not here to judge but dont defend me reborn here.

about bugs, im kinda making living with those. im not giving free information to java devs to fix them. specially acis. but over a decade they still didnt fix aggression and that makes me laugh every time 😄 thats because they dont know how aggression works 😄 i didnt even check the code but is it if (target == this) kind code? 😄 rly? 😄 cuz it feels like it 😛 atleast fix that

17 hours ago, An4rchy said:

i stopped reading on this, you're completely stupid

17 hours ago, An4rchy said:

Btw, I bet if I made you login in 1 L2J and 1 L2OFF you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

your knowledge on l2 is still minimal compared to aLzhite

Edited by Raws
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2022 at 9:56 AM, An4rchy said:

Btw, I bet if I made you login in 1 L2J and 1 L2OFF you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 

You can tell L2J from L2OFF by simply how fast the tutorial quest pops up when you login first time in the game. L2J takes several seconds when L2OFF is almost instant.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, aLzhite said:

idk what u trying to prove with reborn but in the same post u calling the same people 6years old and expecting them to understand if a server good or not. lol. i just told my honest opinion for a server i played and it was one of the worst server that i played in past decade. thats it. when i start playing this game the soulshots were manuel and please, even only this information gives me rights to tell that i can understand if a server java or off. idk who u are or what project u worked with. maybe u doing really good job, im not here to judge but dont defend me reborn here.

about bugs, im kinda making living with those. im not giving free information to java devs to fix them. specially acis. but over a decade they still didnt fix aggression and that makes me laugh every time 😄 thats because they dont know how aggression works 😄 i didnt even check the code but is it if (target == this) kind code? 😄 rly? 😄 cuz it feels like it 😛 atleast fix that

Words without context again. I've been on L2 (as a player) since C2 and as a developer since 2012. Unless you know how server-side is structured and works, you can't express an opinion because player opinions don't matter (like the idiot who replied after you), they simply judge on what they see.

Still no mentioned bugs. Saying 'aggression' doesn't really mean anything, it's like saying there's bugs with movement. What bugs? One example? Also I doubt Reborn is aCis, but I could be wrong on that one.

9 hours ago, Raws said:

i stopped reading on this, you're completely stupid

your knowledge on l2 is still minimal compared to aLzhite

A random appeared, how funny. If you read the whole sentence you'd see I said in all 3 of their servers, but you're not even close to my level when it comes to L2 so I'm not even gonna bother giving you a conversation (if you can even make one). You cannot even grasp the meaning of what we're talking about, yet you're fanboying for whatever reason lmao.

1 hour ago, ZaNteR said:

You can tell L2J from L2OFF by simply how fast the tutorial quest pops up when you login first time in the game. L2J takes several seconds when L2OFF is almost instant.

Please never say this again. I can make tutorial pop 20 minutes after or 0.1 seconds after. What you said makes no sense.

I've been in L2 servers scene (as a developer) long enough to know what I'm talking about, I wouldn't even dare to compare crap like L2Dex or Dream or (insert random low/mid lucera here) to a clean and well developed project like Reborn. I mean if you can't even appreciate the fact they took the time to provide you gameplay in 2 different clients, what can I say.

Edited by An4rchy

Only here in MxC can someone blame one of the most stable and secure programing languages like Java as bad... If the server admin has pay attention to his pack you're not even able to understand the difference..

c++ might be faster sometimes but even the machine that runs the server matters, please stop! Stop blaming java like it is shit!

I have seen projects with Java that made my ears come off, I can't manage that you're speaking like that about java

Edited by Ugleethyn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BruT said:

l2j is bad because of dumb devs, a well optimized source can hold alot of players for weeks however they are rare

Exactly this, also nowadays most retail features are already implemented in most l2j sources. An experienced dev can easily implement what's missing.

1 minute ago, An4rchy said:

Exactly this, also nowadays most retail features are already implemented in most l2j sources. An experienced dev can easily implement what's missing.

i am not talking about the features but how heavy some stuff are made, most of devs are working with the philosophy "if it works then its fine"

4 minutes ago, BruT said:

i am not talking about the features but how heavy some stuff are made, most of devs are working with the philosophy "if it works then its fine"

Yeah I got your point about performance and I'm currently in the process of optimizing my source I'm working on atm. There's a huge room for improvement in most packs for different things (networking, caching, loading).

I said about features because people had the wrong idea about L2J because of missing features/incomplete for many years. That's not true anymore.

Edited by An4rchy

1 minute ago, An4rchy said:

Yeah I got your point about performance and I'm currently in the process of optimizing my source I'm working on atm. There's a huge room for improvement in most packs for different things (networking, caching, loading).

I said about features because people had the wrong idea about L2J because of missing features/incomplete for many years. That's not true anymore.

Yeah but they can't understand that it is on the developer it has nothing to do with Java..
I have no idea how a whole programming language get bad reputation on this community because of bad devs and uncompleted  jobs

9 minutes ago, Ugleethyn said:

Yeah but they can't understand that it is on the developer it has nothing to do with Java..
I have no idea how a whole programming language get bad reputation on this community because of bad devs and uncompleted  jobs

Who spoke for Java? Java is one of the fastest language in our current days. In some things it even pass non-object oriented languages like C. 

Garbage collector with the improvements (ref to Z) it's millisecond of pause cause is multi threading.

1 hour ago, An4rchy said:

Also I doubt Reborn is aCis, but I could be wrong on that one.

I think they start aCis, but later they change to Lucera, but as you say, I may be wrong too, no matter what the package is, they make a lot of work to improve this pack, and we can say what we want but if you have a playable Java source server for years then this may not be a coincidence, it proves only one thing, no matter what files you have but what knowledge you have, no matter L2OFF or L2J.

5 hours ago, An4rchy said:

What bugs? One example?

clean and well developed project like Reborn.

mkay, if that makes u accept the fact that reborn is a bad server here u go.

entire movement & heading system. target's location aint correct. target's heading never being correct so to make sure blow skills land and get the most effective damage from back, you must bluff/blinding blow to the target to make sure heading being forced to the correct place even tho the target u trying to attack clearly showing its back. facestabs possible most of the time, most of the skills failing to the target whos showing their back if u dont bluff.    u said "identical" and supposed me that i cant understand the diff between j and off. thats not how movement system works on l2off

entire debuff system. im not giving detailed information about this but thats not how debuff landings work on l2off

entire skill formulas & hit times. just focus on ppls pvp videos to see if anyone using vortex skills for an example. while surrender giving you %70 dmg boost; vortex giving like %10 -this examples values are not correct, i just wanted to make an explanation for 60iqs- so they dont even bother using it. maybe thats on server developer's doing, maybe thats how they wanted it to be but almost all the acis based packs are the same. thats not how stuff work on l2off

half of the skills doesnt work. im not meaning that the skills not being casted. maybe there is skills exist on the server that not being casted idk. what i see is even tho skill being used it doesnt work or do what it supposed to do. i have looots of information about wrong working skills but u will have only one ex for reborn is escape shackle. it wasnt working.

i have source of acis 405 and it seems on every update they just keep fuking the movement system to even worse. and u said j and off "identical" and assume that i cant understand the difference. oh btw bluff doesnt work on that source :))) thats not how.. oh wait. skills do work on l2off

fps. i dont even bother checking for stuff on a server to understand if its java or off. i know what my avg fps is so if its waaaay below then the pack is acis or lucera. for a plus on lucera; it has the same fps issue but during mass pvps, you also getting nonsense lag when u get closer to the action's center and it goes normal if u ran away from the pvp. its not about the machine even if u install the server to the ramdisk, this problem still exist on lucera. btw idk if they fixed it, its forever ago i played on a lucera based pack.

https://prnt.sc/nioe7m acis & lucera

https://prnt.sc/nioedk crap frozen which stopped being developing over a decade

and they flamed me with "10k valakas spawned behind a wall" to decrease my fps instead asking politely what was the problem :))

i dont have any education about coding. what made me get into coding is you guys being so ignorant, not talking to you directly. i was quite happy being a player.

"clean and well developed project like Reborn."

what fact u need to accept is -yes, accept. its not my humble opinion or something anymore- reborn is a bad server or u also start posting about l2damage is a good server. it has a good popularity also. having players wont make damage a good server but ppl keep playing there isnt it? and stop talking about people who you have no idea about their knowledge.