Has botting destroyed the entire game?

ajihu

Hey folks,

I hate to say it, but every time I log in it is substantially worse it seems. The game is flooded with bots. For every real player (I think?) I see, I see about 50+ bots.

Lineage 2 was one of my great nostalgic memories from the early days of MMOs (I played the game hardcore from the prelude - c2 eras). I have been so stoked about reliving some of that nostalgia on mobile, but botting has made this impossible.

Back in the early days we had botters who used the infamous L2walker, and I remember it was a game that suffered more than most for this issue. That being said, It was nowhere near bad enough to ruin the game for legitimate players. Soon afterwards DAOC overtook L2 as being the most botted MMO and it was unfortunate as that game community rotted from the inside out due to it.

Lets home L2 Mobile gets the needed attention to save it.

Official- Every mmo has some kind of bot issue,  but nc soft instead of improving the game to become better more modern and secure from exploits they said fuck it lets introduce auto farm system and make the acquisition of items almost impossible even with 24/7 auto farm. In addition they dont even care about the desktop version since most income is from lineage 2 mobile. Its a company not some kind of no profit orgnization to feed your nostalgia. 

Private servers - You have around 100 options to choose each week. New servers are introduced every day and everyone is try to build a community which is impossible since we talk about 50.000(?) of total player base. 10% of those  have real online players and  90% using fake bot systems to show that their server has some kind of activity. Also the 90% of those private servers using the same packs with 0 effort to introduce something new and unique.  It's a dead end. 

Move on - its 2022 fast pased games have conquered the gaming industry and no one has the time to spend 12 hours in front of a computer to achieve 1% progress. Just choose an l2  server that suits your interests  play a few days, feed your nostalgia repeat. or find a new game.

Edited by Seamless

4 hours ago, Seamless said:

Move on - its 2022 fast pased games have conquered the gaming industry and no one has the time to spend 12 hours in front of a computer to achieve 1% progress. Just choose an l2  server that suits your interests  play a few days, feed your nostalgia repeat. or find a new game.

There's still quite a big audience for MMO/RPG type games.

Botting in general is the worst plague in these types of games and it is unavoidable. A necessary evil. However, you can limit botting enough to not have that great of an impact in the game's economy/playerbase.

But careful, there's a fine line in L2 between how much you should allow or block botting. Block everything (captchas, antibot software, anti dualbox) and you'll most likely do more harm than good. Allow everything and your server will be dead within a week. L2Reborn has the perfect balance of botters and non-botters. Only those who know what they're doing can bot, as it should be.

Edited by An4rchy

1 hour ago, An4rchy said:

There's still quite a big audience for MMO/RPG type games.

I am talking about lineage 2 player base. Only reborn is worth mentioning atm. Its the only vanilla experience with great community but even they had to find new ways to attract people (x3 x30 and Kamael update). they even announced that the economy of x1 is fucked. Its just  the nature of the game. Its old.... 

dude reborn is one of the worst server ever that i played in past decade. it doesnt mean server is good if there is players actively playing in it. everything ends in how much u have for advertisements. HALF of the skills doesnt work on that pack, the admin of the server calling people retards on almost every announce xd on a literal FLAT surface u getting nonsense cannot see target messages, not even mentioning hills. lots of bugs and the team not even bothering to fix them. the only major thing they did is nerfing adventurer :D:D that still didnt stop us being #1 pvp

Of course Botting has negatively impacted Lineage 2. It is a cheat and a primary reason Maxcheaters was created. The server owners that support and provide auto farm(legal botting) on their servers are at fault as well. Congratulations for your contributions to the destroying the game... sometimes the truth is a harsh reality.

Edited by L2RAPTOR

On 6/20/2022 at 1:43 PM, ajihu said:

Hey folks,

I hate to say it, but every time I log in it is substantially worse it seems. The game is flooded with bots. For every real player (I think?) I see, I see about 50+ bots.

Lineage 2 was one of my great nostalgic memories from the early days of MMOs (I played the game hardcore from the prelude - c2 eras). I have been so stoked about reliving some of that nostalgia on mobile, but botting has made this impossible.

Back in the early days we had botters who used the infamous L2walker, and I remember it was a game that suffered more than most for this issue. That being said, It was nowhere near bad enough to ruin the game for legitimate players. Soon afterwards DAOC overtook L2 as being the most botted MMO and it was unfortunate as that game community rotted from the inside out due to it.

Lets home L2 Mobile gets the needed attention to save it.

I got this,..

Edited by HyperBlown
removed ad website

On 6/21/2022 at 12:46 AM, aLzhite said:

dude reborn is one of the worst server ever that i played in past decade. it doesnt mean server is good if there is players actively playing in it. everything ends in how much u have for advertisements. HALF of the skills doesnt work on that pack, the admin of the server calling people retards on almost every announce xd on a literal FLAT surface u getting nonsense cannot see target messages, not even mentioning hills. lots of bugs and the team not even bothering to fix them. the only major thing they did is nerfing adventurer :D:D that still didnt stop us being #1 pvp

'One of the worst server' - lmao.

99% of the server's you've played are no doubt lucera based. Same crappy buff book donation, same crappy MUST-HAVE vip donation and admin paying clans to play. No thanks. You've gotten so used to shit servers with shit files you can't actually recognize what is better.

Reborn is a good server, the admin's policy is strict and I respect him for that. He has built a community of over 3000 online players (talking about all 3 servers) that is stable and loves the server. But as always, there's gonna be people crying and people hating, it's how the world works. Calling the most populated server the past 5 years trash, with no context and invalid points.

Edited by An4rchy

5 minutes ago, An4rchy said:

99% of the server's you've played are no doubt lucera based. Same crappy buff book donation, same crappy MUST-HAVE vip donation and admin paying clans to play. No thanks. You've gotten so used to shit servers with shit files you can't actually recognize what is better.

Reborn is a good server, the admin's policy is strict and I respect him for that. He has built a community of over 3000 online players (talking about all 3 servers) that is stable and loves the server. But as always, there's gonna be people crying and people hating, it's how the world works. Calling the most populated server the past 5 years trash, with no context and invalid points.

Offtopic

Check my PM they merge 

I dont know if it alerts you... 

30 minutes ago, An4rchy said:

This is why i tell you let's make the ultimate C6 Server to fuck this lucera crappy trash compilanto projectino.

17 minutes ago, Kara said:

This is why i tell you let's make the ultimate C6 Server to fuck this lucera crappy trash compilanto projectino.

Already doing it nab, perhaps gift me your community board? Too bored to make html

Edited by An4rchy

Botting exists at all MMO RPG games BUT I don't think so that any other game (like wow or aion) have that huge problem. As a player of wow, aion and l2 I have never seen something like Adrenaline (for example) before, with this possibilities. I think that the problem begins from Official I mean it was like NFTs before NFTs 😂 and players had the need to find faster and easiest ways to farm in game because it's like you're farming real money.. I mean come on a simple character at Official right now costs more than 5k and he's not even decent at Sieges for example.

The official servers were developed with bots in mind, you cant just prohibit them and expect the server to be healthy. They implemented "trickery" in the game mechanics like for example the monsters in Cata and Necros having an ultimate defense skill to make it "harder" for bots among other things like instanced multi phase boss battles etc. Now how effective that is i dont know, probably very little. Its also why they made built in bots in recent versions of the game.

Stopping bots is an uphill battle, i guess it could be for donations or because the "Guard" and "Anti-Cheat" guys formed a cartel to make admins give them money for things that dont work for very long. I wouldnt be surprised the same people that sell these "protections" are the same that make the bot programs.

Dont forget back in the day all servers were full of bots but had thousands of players and lasted for a lot more than these "huur duur no bots in my servidor" 6 month at best servers.

12 minutes ago, ZaNteR said:

The official servers were developed with bots in mind, you cant just prohibit them and expect the server to be healthy. They implemented "trickery" in the game mechanics like for example the monsters in Cata and Necros having an ultimate defense skill to make it "harder" for bots among other things like instanced multi phase boss battles etc. Now how effective that is i dont know, probably very little. Its also why they made built in bots in recent versions of the game.

Stopping bots is an uphill battle, i guess it could be for donations or because the "Guard" and "Anti-Cheat" guys formed a cartel to make admins give them money for things that dont work for very long. I wouldnt be surprised the same people that sell these "protections" are the same that make the bot programs.

Dont forget back in the day all servers were full of bots but had thousands of players and lasted for a lot more than these "huur duur no bots in my servidor" 6 month at best servers.

Official gives you a very good client bot that can let your char farming 24/7 on a spot and that have been done because players had APIs of the online game shared at internet that's how Adrenaline knew when to interrupt a stun for example, so they decided I guess to give it for free with their own rules but that made the game a real stock market that players can't play  if they don't own an apartment building to sell. The way Official's community works is unique, I have never see something like that before in any Lineage 2 Server, and I have play a lot of them.

As for 'protections' yeah you're right stopping bots is uphill so admins have to find smart ways to live with them but is easiest to buy a 'protection' from thinking a good way 😛

Edited by Ugleethyn

7 hours ago, An4rchy said:

umm i only play l2off unless im being forced by my friends to play java for a week max. you cannot compare me to a typical l2 player. i wont play -even years- if the server doesnt fit my requirements. yes, i did play reborn knowing its java but im being forced to. every time i log to that server; a new problem appeared and you cant imagine how many clients contacting me to fix quarter of a quarter bugs that existed on reborn. cuz they wanna make their server playable unlike reborn. 

the only reason reborn had players on their mid rate is they advertised their low rate quite good. we all know there is completely different player base exist on low rate servers. its nothing like midrate community. but people believed if that low rate has that many players, they assumed mid rate will also get players. so they join and that makes an organically grown community. why u think ppl prefer playing on servers with giran full of bots instead 200-300 real online but no bot servers? anyways. saying it again, just because a server had players; it doesnt mean the server is good. reborn had bugs that i've thought that kind bugs long gone. but its not.
also, the admin itself flamed the mid rate community every day. i dont have all the screenshots. even i remember he said he wont open a mid rate server ever again. https://prnt.sc/axtxgo8REiiG