PayPal permabans

Berserkd

Hi guys, how are you?. I don't know if this is the right forum category but if it's not please move it.

I'd like to ask if someone else is getting paypal issues while running a private server. I got permabanned from 2 paypal accs within 2 months. Even company account got banned.

I called and they just say that you can't work with them anymore due to policy violation but they don't say what's going on exactly.

I would really appreciate your feedback, I'm kinda lost and I'm not sure of how to receive donations without paypal.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Berserkd said:

Hi guys, how are you?. I don't know if this is the right forum category but if it's not please move it.

I'd like to ask if someone else is getting paypal issues while running a private server. I got permabanned from 2 paypal accs within 2 months. Even company account got banned.

I called and they just say that you can't work with them anymore due to policy violation but they don't say what's going on exactly.

I would really appreciate your feedback, I'm kinda lost and I'm not sure of how to receive donations without paypal.

Thanks!

They updated their policies. Any donation or exchange that contains any information about Lineage 2 end up banning your account. You shouldn't provide information about what's the donation is for.

1 minute ago, Kara said:

They updated their policies. Any donation or exchange that contains any information about Lineage 2 end up banning your account. You shouldn't provide information about what's the donation is for.

source: dude, trust me.

I got also two accounts banned not L2 related but ye they are banning too many accounts for some reason. I quit using PayPal after this. 

1 hour ago, Kara said:

I was reading their policy updates, not a single mention to Lineage at all, you got a link or smth?

5 minutes ago, Brado said:

I was reading their policy updates, not a single mention to Lineage at all, you got a link or smth?

Well neither on twitch's policy, there is some mention about "lineage 2" , yet many channels are still getting banned.

Just now, imclyde said:

no need to start insulting me 🙂gossip and knowing are 2 different things. check paypal's acceptable usage policies and u will see that nothing changed relating to digital items processing. also many big projects work successfully so the gossip that you heard is not accurate and can't be trusted.

Exactly , the fact that many servers are getting their paypals banned. While on the other hand, many servers are still accepting donations without any problem, it is really strange tbh..

• Upvote 1

Would like to add that; since I had several customers, whose paypals were banned. The worst thing about this "ban" it is like paypal itself doesn't even know the actual reason of why they do that. What I mean is that even @Berserkdhimself said that their answer was " due to policy violation" , paypal simply doesn't say THE EXACT REASON of what occured this "ban". Which makes me think that actually something else is happening here... 
Might sound retarded.. but maybe ncsoft is pushing them to ban these paypals with some copyright-stupid laws about their files,like they do with twitch and paypal kinda agrees to that. Because they will have to deal with less "refund reports" ( because as we know , many donators are refunding their money back).
Or I am just fully wrong about the whole concept 😅

52 minutes ago, MrPro* said:

Well neither on twitch's policy, there is some mention about "lineage 2" , yet many channels are still getting banned.

Exactly , the fact that many servers are getting their paypals banned. While on the other hand, many servers are still accepting donations without any problem, it is really strange tbh..

I guess that it's not something new, eCommerce abusers forced PayPal to ban suspected accounts. This only applies to "new" accounts. If your account is old and trusted you got nothing to be worried about.

Just now, Brado said:

I guess that it's not something new, eCommerce abusers forced PayPal to ban suspected accounts. This only applies to "new" accounts. If your account is old and trusted you got nothing to be worried about.

so the account I have that is 10 years old means I have nothing to worry about 😄

3 minutes ago, Brado said:

@Berserkd's quote " I got permabanned from 2 paypal accs within 2 months. Even company account got banned "

"Company account " I guess he meant bussiness account , if that's the case, then I don't think that paypal's live-time or its "status" really matters here. 

Edited by MrPro*

I had once got 'perma' banned. Basically it was due to issued refund, don't know why donation had a possibility to be refunded, but basically I had to provide If player received 'goods' (maybe I had issue while making donation button and pressed a wrong clickbox and it was goods instead of donation). 
Well anyway, I got removed perma ban(that was a hell of a ride) and I can use paypal with my name. The issue was that you, as a person, can hold JUST 1 account with same name(personal) and 1 with business type. So I basically had my 'gaming' account which was personal and got frozen and other one was personal. The personal one got banned when it got locked due to wrong phone number entered. I've contacted support, then they linked all my accounts and bammm. It's perma banned.
They do not allow you to have multiple accounts and if one is flagged/banned, the only question is when others will be disabled as well. 

Edited by Pleyne