Innova won claim on Russian Federation against free servers.

Innova won claim on russian federation against following free-shard servers.

Source: https://mos-gorsud.ru/mgs/defend?dateFrom=&dateTo=&declarer=Иннова+Дистрибьюшен&caseNumber=&statementNumber=&author=&intellectualPropertyObject=

image.thumb.png.c8d66ab57fb0bd66bfa626d8c866c3e3.png

List of projects for which the lawsuit was filed:

- projectessence

- l2reborn

- asterios

- beyond

- l2e-global

- valhalla-age

- rpg-club

- ketrawars

- l2europa

- gamecoast

- scryde

there are many other servers that are not listed yet and will be flagged tho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tl;dr innova went after them over sharing game client and other ncsoft IP which can be legally distributed only by them in ru.

They won and maybe will get these domains blocked by local ISPs because thats how internet is free over there in russia :D

servers themselves will prolly continue to work unless innova move forward and personally sue creators which might be hard to do and i doubt they even care that much, not like battling these privs will make players suddenly move to official servers.

1 hour ago, AlmostGood said:

tl;dr innova went after them over sharing game client and other ncsoft IP which can be legally distributed only by them in ru.

They won and maybe will get these domains blocked by local ISPs because thats how internet is free over there in russia 😄

servers themselves will prolly continue to work unless innova move forward and personally sue creators which might be hard to do and i doubt they even care that much, not like battling these privs will make players suddenly move to official servers.

i dont think will be that simple here in greece we also have blocked torrent sites (we just edit our DNS and voila they work) but in russia well... i think it will be interesting to watch what happens

23 minutes ago, Kara said:

Finally, i was tired of seeing valhalla-age advertisement over youtube while i was sitting during night on my TV.

ad-blocker

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, splicho said:

Maybe same shit will happen to them like the shit happened back in 2007  with Extreme

it was fast take over servers and everything this is published like a warning i dont think this will evolve in the same way.

2 hours ago, Celestine said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

that wont save them but will delay what is coming :'D

9 hours ago, Celestine said:

Innova won claim on russian federation against following free-shard servers.

Source: https://mos-gorsud.ru/mgs/defend?dateFrom=&dateTo=&declarer=Иннова+Дистрибьюшен&caseNumber=&statementNumber=&author=&intellectualPropertyObject=

image.thumb.png.c8d66ab57fb0bd66bfa626d8c866c3e3.png

List of projects for which the lawsuit was filed:

- projectessence

- l2reborn

- asterios

- beyond

- l2e-global

- valhalla-age

- rpg-club

- ketrawars

- l2europa

- gamecoast

- scryde

there are many other servers that are not listed yet and will be flagged tho.

With all due respect, Innova hasn't won anything yet. What will happen next is not clear, you need to know Russia, its legal foundations and features. So far, this is a simple shaking of the air.

14 minutes ago, operks said:

With all due respect, Innova hasn't won anything yet. What will happen next is not clear, you need to know Russia, its legal foundations and features. So far, this is a simple shaking of the air.

I have no idea what will happen friends told me about it and i just posted it there

• Thanks 1

Would have been interesting to learn just how much income these servers generate, combined, on a yearly basis. I mean just E-Global Masterwork and Valhalla-Age alone made mad money this year. 

1 minute ago, mr zero said:

Would have been interesting to learn just how much income these servers generate, combined, on a yearly basis. I mean just E-Global Masterwork and Valhalla-Age alone made mad money this year. 

i believe E-Global and Valhalla-Age are the same servers.

which means they do x2 more money.

1 minute ago, Celestine said:

i believe E-Global and Valhalla-Age are the same servers.

which means they do x2 more money.

Yeah, same team runs those projects. They definitely have the largest piece of the pie, though, by far... I mean just DanielDefo on this E-Global probably dropped like 20k, easily, lol. 

1 minute ago, mr zero said:

Yeah, same team runs those projects. They definitely have the largest piece of the pie, though, by far... I mean just DanielDefo on this E-Global probably dropped like 20k, easily, lol. 

i dont think that Innova will allow all those servers this time they will use everything to win something as far i see they want to close all private servers.

Yeah, I think they only take action when they see certain servers become too big, just like what happened with original Extreme back in the day. I mean, E-Global operates like a legit company nowadays,  and their revenues were probably a bit too much for Innova to just overlook. Besides, the more the game declines, the less inclined they'll be to overlook the private scene in general, since they're probably looking at their own revenues and aren't quite happy. 

I don't think they care about old clients, with small communities. But if E-Global / Valhalla-Age didn't exist, some of these big clans would likely be on Innova servers. I mean, E-Global's "Rise side" was on Gran Kain for 5 years or so, now they're on E-Global. 

doubt they will mange to block anything outside of rus, and even there it will be prolly just local domain block on dns level. Biggest hit i can imagine is getting these privs blocked from mainstream payment platforms in complying jurisdictions.

Looks like both scryde and gamecoast decided to change their domain tld, but scryde didnt even change registrar which is rus xD

anyways, time will show, they DMCAd few streamers earlier this year and now this, it would be funny shitshow if innova went all in and im hoping they will :D