{  
        System.out.print("orion is trash. ");
    }  
}

php

<?= "orion is trash" ?>

python owns both.

Well Python paid money to pass the Turing test

But aside that guess who is a compiled language? Yes !!! You made it Java is faster than python for obvious reasons so +1 point to the language who kept you in Boorinio-L2J-Hellas-alaksokolies for several years. 

Edited by Kara

Just now, Kara said:

Well Python paid money to pass the Turing test

But aside that guess who is a compiled language? Yes !!! You made it Java is faster than python for obvious reasons so +1 point to the language who kept you in Boorinio-L2J-Hellas-alaksokolies for several years. 

5 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

I know something it's called "memory allocation". Wanna continue the conversation? 

I would be happy but i think we have no more space here to talk. Python got it. You guys got great memory advantage

r6t7mhI.gif

Edited by Kara

3 minutes ago, Kara said:

I know something it's called "memory allocation". Wanna continue the conversation? 

r6t7mhI.gif

I would be happy to continue this conversation but i think we have no more space here to talk. Python got it. You guys got great memory advantage

so you say orion is trash but frozen is still better in terms of jdk6

Edited by Nightw0lf

3 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

so you say orion is trash but frozen is still better in terms of jdk6

I don't know why we still discuss and advertise this ... fai.... faithful project Orion.

LDKspPi.gif

5 minutes ago, Kara said:

I don't know why we still discuss and advertise this ... fai.... faithful project Orion.

LDKspPi.gif

http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/L2jFrozenInterlude/trunk/datapack/data/scripts/ai/individual/typo.py

so you say this is still better than orion pack

PS LF office 2019 activator for latest windows 10 version 20H2 i accept any .exe files from any random person.

Edited by Nightw0lf

13 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

Orion project is a master-piece. Orion is the date you had in high school that she asked you politely while she smiled to you to go outside with her to your car and drive to "buy some extra beers" while you were in your friend's house and play games or watch movies and you returned after 4 hours both sweaty with no beers.

This is Orion... it's pure love.

Edited by Kara
  • Thanks 1

ok i just wanted to make sure that we are all in same page 8, unfucked:alone:, late :gusta: and no beers or love:yuno: so, lets buy :serious:vilmis pack sources for 400 euro :goodsir:best frozen pack in the world! :forever_alone_like_a_boss:

Just now, Nightw0lf said:

ok i just wanted to make sure that we are all in same page 8, unfucked:alone:, late :gusta: and no beers or love:yuno: so, lets buy :serious:vilmis pack sources for 400 euro :goodsir:best frozen pack in the world! :forever_alone_like_a_boss:

400 euro???

ncH7fKP.gif

Great! I'll crawl back to my bed now before i get a heart-attack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tryskell said:

Nope, "1" or "0" is the default value for most, if not all stats.

That level stuff with restore posted by melron isn't part of regular L2JIL, nor even any L2J branch - until I missed something.

@L2RAPTOR not sure why you compare L2OFF and L2J - they are completely different. While L2J forks try to imitate L2OFF, they are still far from L2OFF. And L2OFF is, also, far from retail (C5-IL content was mostly "guessed", as L2J "guessed" content aswell). So basically, IL is "not achievable", since we rely on flawed L2OFF. See, after 10y of developping, 20+ devs, 400+ customers, aCis is still far to be perfect - even though, it goes on the right direction.

Any randomer can "hotfix" a server and "imitate" L2OFF behavior - the difference between a good and a bad pack is about that "hotfix" policy, imho. When you pill up temporary solutions, that's like RooT's image - a terrible building with nice facade.

Which doesn't mean your pack won't be popular - L2JFrozen being the best exemple of that "temporary solution" policy. If you check their dev timeline - as I actually did when it was active - you would figure out they did almost nothing as rework/rewrite. They mostly hotfixed things. And well, it looks it's enough for many people.

As an admin and a player, you probably won't have to care. As a developer, it's the night and day comparison when you "read" a code with unified syntax, javadoc, correct conventions, etc... The difference can be so important than the time factor to understand "something" out of a source can increase by a factor of 2 to, easily, 10 - depending about code quality.

I won't join the "aCis vs Lucera" battle :P. You only have to know they do different things, for different people. Simply use what appeals you better.

@Override
	public final int getLevel()
	{
		try
		{
			final L2PcInstance player = getActiveChar();

if (player.isSubClassActive())
			{
				final int class_index = player.getClassIndex();

SubClass player_subclass = null;
				if ((player_subclass = player.getSubClasses().get(class_index)) != null)
					return player_subclass.getLevel();

// getActiveChar().getSubClasses().get(getActiveChar().getClassIndex()).setExp(value);
			}

// if (getActiveChar().isSubClassActive())
			// return getActiveChar().getSubClasses().get(getActiveChar().getClassIndex()).getLevel();
			//
			return super.getLevel();
		}
		catch (final NullPointerException e)
		{
			return -1;
		}
	}

sadly that code doesnt exist in l2jserver cuz it was made by l2jfrozen :S

8 hours ago, Vilmis said:

@BruT and @melron
I just want to help you finish up your discussion and stop wasting your time.

As i remember they have made catch error in stats and giving level - 1....
Btw, yes , restore means 1 connection to database.

that code came from l2jfrozen for sure

https://app.assembla.com/spaces/L2jFrozenInterlude/subversion/commits/925

so the conclusion: we are discussing a crap based source? an another crap?

why i am saying crap? cuz there is a bug in l2jfrozen to break items and probly in your source too and not just that 😐

Edited by BruT

Title of topic is ACIS vs Lucera. wants opinion on which is better and why.

Does not say just from developers.

So I give my opinion as an ADMIN and player...Neither. I prefer L2jOrion pack and support.

My point is developers pick out details that do not impact Admins or players in any significant way, but in the "developers world" it is how they judge a pack. The most important opinions is that of Admins+players.. otherwise there would be no developers for L2.

Because a developer picks out useless lines of code from a pack, it does not make the pack "trash".

If it does not effect the experience or the game of the players then who cares? Only developers care about this.

If ACIS and Lucera were the last 2 packs on earth and I would have to pick which I prefer, then  I would say ACIS.

Only because I see the effort Tryskell makes to upgrade and improve ACIS.

That is what is not given enough consideration here - SUPPORT. You must consider support of the pack as well,  when considering a "best" pack.

This is why ACIS is better than Lucera .

And this is another reason why I think L2jOrion is superior to these other packs. Excellent support.

So, developers look at a pack from their perspective, how code is written, cleaning up useless code...i am sure some of this can effect server performance and is necessary.

Admins look at a pack from a different perspective, bugs, geo data, ease of edits/adding customs, cost, support

Players care very little about the pack. Players look at server for bugs, geo data, lag, bots, server concept.

Is it not funny that the only people responding to this topic are developers and me 😄 ... Not players.

But in the end,  the players are the ultimate judge.

44 minutes ago, Zake said:

What a great way to start your day

LMAO

4 hours ago, Nightw0lf said:

LMAO! I know you are fucking around making this post..but 400 euro? 

I don't mind talking shit back and forth...

but when you say words and numbers some people do not understand you are joking.

I have not tested every l2j pack.. but L2jOrion is the best I have tested.

I have had this pack for many years, received many updates, and great support.

So yes, L2jOrion is the best frozen pack in "my world".

Edited by L2RAPTOR
  • Downvote 1

First, I appreciate the time you took to respond. It was well thought out and detailed. It sounds like you and Vilmis have a bad history, so maybe there is a negative bias on your part, while my bias is obviously the direct opposite.

A few things where I disagree with you... 

you say to me  - "you are incapable to see why Orion is trash. Because the level is so low that you see it as normality"

I see no other packs better. I play most every interlude server that opens. Mostly to see in what way the new server is better than mine. I look from a players view and I rarely see anything better in features, concept or performance. So, I don't think I have accepted any "low level" with my server... as I said, I play most new servers with different packs and compare them to my server.. and I see nothing better..of course I am probably being biased with this 😄

Also, I don't think anyone that plays my server would describe it as the same as all the others. 

Another thing I will mention is my experience over the many years with L2jorion pack has been great. Never a complaint from players about server files or geo data..etc. Some bugs, but whatever bugs that players had found over the years were corrected long ago. That is why I mention the developer support from L2jOrion (and for all packs) is also important and has been great. Support for a pack must be considered as well when determining if a pack is good or better than other packs.

Lastly, I did not create my server to make money. It is a hobby that I love. I accept donations, but don't need them. That is why I have donation items drop in game. It doesn't matter to me. i will continue to evolve, upgrade my server regardless of donation money.

Since this topic is suppose to be about ACIS vs Lucera  and not L2RAPTOR vs All MXC Devs😆 I will end with this. I would choose ACIS because of Tryskell's efforts and support. But still prefer L2jOrion over all others 😉

As I said, I appreciate your time and opinion

Edited by L2RAPTOR