2020 IL Java Projects and bot protection

Hey there,

I would like your opinion regarding choosing project to begin building a low-mid Interlude rate server.

As far as I know, right now there the following options

-aCis 

A decent project plus the price is rather insignificant. There are things to work on as far as I am concerned before you go live plus you need to work besically about everything custom you need since the project is pretty much vanilla c6.

- Morbius

I haven't spent much time testing the project plus I checked their free version and I don't know the progress that has been done since then, so pardon me if my judgment is poor, but it seems l2j frozen and aCis had sex and that project is the result. 

-Orion

I checked their test server and I was really dissapointed. There are many customs mods but after checking a few classes and quests, there is a lot that needs to be done. The price is 50gbp and it is just for the datapack.

-L2scripts

The price is 1200$ for the source,  200$ just for the datapack without online limitation. I wasn't able to get into their test server cause their system is not windows 10 compatible and when I tried to check the engine.dll I got critical error. Anyway I consider it overpriced and I really don't think the file quality is worth the money they ask.

-Lucera

When it comes to payed files it's the first project that comes in mind. I spent a couple days on their test server, It was a bit laggy some moments and also the character movement/ geodata was a pain in the ass. The price is 120$ and as far as I am concerned you get access on the source code. 

Am not a skilled dev, I mostly view the projects from a players prospective which means that I will probably need to buy dev servicies for the more complicated tasks which means that the overall cost of getting the server live will be increased. 

The second part of the topic is about bot protection. I honestly consider it a joke to pay for any type of protection service since as a player I was able to run Adrenaline in any server. I know that there is the possibility to sell your house and give the money to SGuard for example to actually be protected. On the other hand it's 2020 and in my opinion spending countless hours farming is dead. Even on the official server they have added functions that are like bots and the mobile version is almost hands free. So from the administrators prospective I think is better not to give cancer to your community. Let them bot and just don't allow extreme abusing (solo epics, egg delivery etc).

I would like to know your thoughts and opinions. If there is any other project (paid or free) that is worth to check let me know.

I will also appreciate if the topic stays civil.

I know that many of you are trying to protect your own interests but I hate it when it becomes "longest dick competition".

Thanks for your time and am looking forward to your anwsers.

I like to think that aCis is on top. I've seen good activity lately. It's not the most stable one, but it will get there. Most enjoyable project to work on for sure.

Lucera won't give you the source, unless you give them an offer they can't refuse. Lucera is kinda medieval and it feels old, that is because they haven't touched what is already working. On the other hand, aCis tried to change its whole datapack and refactor most of the core.

However, none of these projects live up to today's standards. I don't know if any L2J actually does.

Lucera should be better from a player's perspective, while aCis should be better from a developer's perspective.

Edited by Trance

1) There is no ready to go thing. Acis is a good and cheap option to start with and you will probably find developing services easier since its a common project for everyone.

2) Yes almost all antibots are useless vs smart adrenaline users, however an antibot is not just a protection vs adrenaline but a shield vs many other 3rd party programs and cheats. Moreover, it provides useful tools like HWID and more. Bottom line, don't even try without client protection because you will end up crying for mercy.

I think you only have a choice between aCis and Lucera, if you want have source access take aCis but i think this project still need a lot of work to be stable and rdy for live srv. Lucera, i think is more rdy to open, but you don't have source, ofc you can ask dev and he make what you want, but source is always source :)

Im working in lucera 2 years i have no complaints and yes there is no source but you can also make extansions so you can put your extra custom codes but this project is hard coded so you will need a good developer with high knowledge in java!

I use acis, version 360 there can be several corrections and reformulations, but, I only get significant updates from them, mainly the critical bugs such as the duplication that had some time ago, the rest is pure reformulation, which for me, is unnecessary, I open servers and put 800 online without any problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Some wise guy here in mxc said, anything can be bypassed. As for the packs, i've seen many positive comments about Lucera, i've never used any paid fork so i can not be sure. When it comes to free, acis is the best choice by far. There might be things that you have to work on before launching but it's still the best option

Edited by Zake

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, zemaitis said:

Im surprised that nobody mentioned active ac anticheat. No bot can bypass active ac.

actually you can it depends on person who can do it 

15 hours ago, Sanyol said:

actually you can it depends on person who can do it 

Theoretically everything is possible, practically 99 percent of players dont bot in active ac servers.

Its like you are saying that everybody can become millionaire and it depends on a person, but in reality 99,9 percent population are not millionaires.

So stop talking nonsense man. I bought active ac I know how it works.

Edited by zemaitis

14 hours ago, zemaitis said:

Theoretically everything is possible, practically 99 percent of players dont bot in active ac servers.

Its like you are saying that everybody can become millionaire and it depends on a person, but in reality 99,9 percent population are not millionaires.

So stop talking nonsense man. I bought active ac I know how it works.

imagine being aggresive when someone says a fact lets see how good AC is cuz on a few servers already people botting using interfaces with ac

Edited by Sanyol

37 minutes ago, Sanyol said:

imagine being aggresive when someone says a fact lets see how good AC is cuz on a few servers already people botting using interfaces with ac

If this is a fact then show some proof please. Otherwise it's just your imagination.