Truth about l2 Remorse

17 hours ago, bravetobe said:

play 60-70 games of LoL in the same amount without being wiped

Actually, you get wiped after each match, yet you still play it :troll:

Players blame admina, trashtalk 'shared buggy pack', Adkins blame players, such a stupid wheel.

And no, it doesn't matter if it's shared, ready to use or bugged. Feeeew years back, like 10 :notbadn: everyone was playing on those buggy shared free packs. Why? Bcs you liked to play it. Now you think you want to play it, but you actually don't and so, there are various excuses about any glitch, which back it time didn't bother you. It's simply not as addictive as it used to be.

17 hours ago, bravetobe said:

You cant wipe 20 times and expect from people to take your server seriously.

Another bulls.. Guess why admins wipe, bcs people leave server as they reached max, had fun and they go to next server to do exactly the same,from 0, over and over again.. Bot, get max gear, pvp 1 day, leave.

So yeah, it's community fault that admins wipe, so those players can join it anew as they do it each week.

All i can see is a server owner that tries to build a server, tries to fix problems, tries to communicate with a trashtalk random guy who just saying bullshits and never lost his calm while you keep trashtalking and not even paying attention to what he says just pointing out what your braindead mind has inside and this "opinion" will never change because you're one of those guys playing in servers for 1-2 weeks getting bored, leaving and then blaming the admin.

Ofc problem started when anyone with zero knowledge have access to files to open a server but community is dying because of the community itself.

2 hours ago, SweeTs said:

Actually, you get wiped after each match, yet you still play it :troll:

Players blame admina, trashtalk 'shared buggy pack', Adkins blame players, such a stupid wheel.

And no, it doesn't matter if it's shared, ready to use or bugged. Feeeew years back, like 10 :notbadn: everyone was playing on those buggy shared free packs. Why? Bcs you liked to play it. Now you think you want to play it, but you actually don't and so, there are various excuses about any glitch, which back it time didn't bother you. It's simply not as addictive as it used to be.

2 hours ago, SweeTs said:

Another bulls.. Guess why admins wipe, bcs people leave server as they reached max, had fun and they go to next server to do exactly the same,from 0, over and over again.. Bot, get max gear, pvp 1 day, leave.

So yeah, it's community fault that admins wipe, so those players can join it anew as they do it each week.

Global mod who quotes 2 times the same person in 2 different posts :troll:

I dont expect a non biased opinion from someone who is in the biased side of admins but anyway i will give this a try:

Your arguments in those 2 posts were

1)Our packs were buggy back in the day (2010) and you liked them.Why you dont like them now ,after 10 years?

2) People reaching "max" (what does that even mean?) and then quit in order to play from 0,so admin has to wipe reopen

So let me explain why those 2 points are annoying at best:

1)Its 2019 going to 2020.There are numerous games to play which vary in quality but the options are better nowadays.Just pick up several games from 2010 and several games now.The quality ("graphics") are better.There are better options right now ,even if you consider the market as flooded with MTX in order to make "games as a service" and not a product.

Why would you expect people to spend like 60 hours in a server which will get wiped like 99% of the time?That doesnt make sense.In 60 hours you can play and finish most of the AAA videogames.

Your point doesnt make sense to me because the L2 community is flooded with wannabe developers who use the exact same pack which is played more than 123 times.When enough is enough?The progression of this game is minimal and the fact that admins just open a shared pack is not punishable in any community is catastrophic for those who actually try to create a more stable server because the number of the servers which open-reopen are way to many.

I really dont understand how a human being with more than 80IQ can say that "You guys played in 2010 a buggy pack-videogame which was in fashion but now ,10 years later,you dont.Why?"

Its not about addiction.Its about appealing and the game is not in fashion anymore.People who used to play this game grew up.Admins didnt make any adaption so guess what ...

2)What does max even mean? In every server you have to exp characters in order to PvP with the characters you like.Grinding is the main concept of every single server.It doesnt make sense to leave a server after that grinding and all those hours of exping but guess what : Its 2019. Admins open the donations in the 3rd day and new servers pay clan leader to pull them into their server.You havent heard that i guess or any other shady deals (% of clan member donation),dont you?

Besides,reopening the exact same server with the exact same concept but minimal tweaks will change the situation right?

The fact that admins add donations in the first week even in low rate servers make your argument at least idiotic.

In other words,you expect from people to play the same 5-10yold packs with tweaks because people had fan 10y ago when the game was in fashion like every MMO.People just play some PvP and move on in the next server because there is no trust anymore between the community and the admins just because there are way too many servers with way too many shaddy deals.If it wasnt profitable for the admins to wipe reopen,you wouldnt see so many servers doing it,which means it works for them until it doesnt because the community grows up and the community decreases every year.

Both of your posts shows how much disconnected admins/developers are from reality.

Hopefully you were trolling with the "why dont you play the same buggy staff for 1289312 time like 10 years ago".

Edited by bravetobe

What did you expect? He dont have the fault that the people leave the server after 2 weeks, the game community is fck3d. He spend a lot of mooney on the proyect and he want make some gain on that, the business life works like that, and this game is not excluded. I played on the server, and yeah i can say that as an admin it is bad, not fix anything and he think that official server it is parameter about the balances of some classes (dagger and sum) when it really suck, but, he openned the server to make a gain, and he have all right to close or do wipe.

@bravetobe I don't take any side, I'm not a player since years and I'm not an admin as well. I just see even my old clan how things works, I see how servers (re)open like mushrooms.

1 hour ago, bravetobe said:

Its 2019 going to 2020.There are numerous games to play which vary in quality

First and foremost, if you don't like the graphic and there are better games, just play them. No one forces l2 players to play old shitty graphic game. So it's stupid to even mention that. If you play l2 that means it's OK for you. Sounds like another random excuse why I change server each week.

the game is not in fashion anymore

Exactly, if it's so old, bad and not fashion anymore. Why the hell you still play it. I grew up and I don't play it or any other game anymore. People should do the same. But no, people still play it and complains for things that doesn't exists or didn't bother in past. If it's bothering you, again, STOP PLAYING IT. People are doing the same thing over and over, join server, get gear, pvp, complain that it's boring and jump into NEW, FRESH server, yet it's obvious it's gonna be the same story. Endless loop you can't jump out.

It doesnt make sense to leave a server after that grinding and all those hours of exping

Exactly, but people leave it anyway. So.. You really think that it's an admin fault? It's just people stupidity. It's not like "damn, there are 500 active players and they don't donate, let's make a wipe to force them to donate again". No, it's not. They do wipe to make a fresh start - it's what people want today. To start over again. At least it is / it looks like that.

Paying clans to join their server is also pathetic, but that's how shaddy and corrupted players are and why they keep playing it.

Anyway, I won't quote or answer more as it's pointless. Both sides are guilty, but players mostly. As they are changing servers each day/week. Who cares if some random or not server pops up. No one forces to join it and leave old server. :amazed:

50 minutes ago, SweeTs said:

@bravetobe I don't take any side, I'm not a player since years and I'm not an admin as well. I just see even my old clan how things works, I see how servers (re)open like mushrooms.

First and foremost, if you don't like the graphic and there are better games, just play them. No one forces l2 players to play old shitty graphic game. So it's stupid to even mention that. If you play l2 that means it's OK for you. Sounds like another random excuse why I change server each week.

Exactly, if it's so old, bad and not fashion anymore. Why the hell you still play it. I grew up and I don't play it or any other game anymore. People should do the same. But no, people still play it and complains for things that doesn't exists or didn't bother in past. If it's bothering you, again, STOP PLAYING IT. People are doing the same thing over and over, join server, get gear, pvp, complain that it's boring and jump into NEW, FRESH server, yet it's obvious it's gonna be the same story. Endless loop you can't jump out.

Exactly, but people leave it anyway. So.. You really think that it's an admin fault? It's just people stupidity. It's not like "damn, there are 500 active players and they don't donate, let's make a wipe to force them to donate again". No, it's not. They do wipe to make a fresh start - it's what people want today. To start over again. At least it is / it looks like that.

Paying clans to join their server is also pathetic, but that's how shaddy and corrupted players are and why they keep playing it.

Anyway, I won't quote or answer more as it's pointless. Both sides are guilty, but players mostly. As they are changing servers each day/week. Who cares if some random or not server pops up. No one forces to join it and leave old server. :amazed:

Your points dont make sense because the arguments are based on the fact that its 2010 with 2010 standards but its not.

The vast majority who play this game have being playing for long enough to make their own comparisons.

L2 was good enough back then to invest time and grind in the stable (with 2010 standards) servers but guess what... Now its 2019.

Its so stupid to repeat the same 2 arguments over and over again and trust me noone wants a "fresh start".The "fresh start" is the concept that l2 admins figured out in order to get money.As i said,if it wasnt profitable enough ,they wouldnt reopen.They dont open their servers because they want to contribute.Its all about money.People keep donating for the exact same items every time.

I really love the fact that you wrote just 1 sentence for the corruption part ,which you ended up blaming the players but let me ask you this: If someone offered you money to play a game which you will play anyway ,would you accept it or not?

Also you didnt mention that AN ADMIN offered the money in order to get people from another server which guess what ... it has an ADMIN.The admins just pay people in order to get clans from one another.Thats what you do is to blame players instead of admins.Thats how you actually ruin decent servers tbh.

If you want to blame someone,blame the admins and not the players.Players have invested years in the same servers.

The only things that have changed are : The age of the players,who wont spend their whole lives playing the same server and the admins.Thats what you do is to blame the players instead of blaming the admins who didnt make any adaption.

You straight up blamed the players for not playing 2010-2012 packs because "you played those packs back then and now you dont.you are the one to blame".

I wont keep arguing and wont quote again its pointless as i mentioned in the first post.A lot of people are disconnected from the reality but hey thats how a lot of people make money until they wont.

P.S Instead of blaming the players or the competition (other games based on 2019 standards),blame the terrible product which makes no adaptions to be better.

Edited by bravetobe

I still believe that both sides are to blame, but the main difference is that the “admin” is in a leading role. In order for SHADE to happen, SHADE must be initiated by the Admin. Paid clans exist because Admins exist who are willing to pay them. Nothing can change that fact. The very notion is idiotic, yet here we are, knowing these things happen A LOT.

There are some projects out there that occasionally break the trend, and I believe that those are the projects that we should – as a community – strive to populate and support.

Anyhow, I think this argument has many parameters, honestly. Another important one, imo, is that private servers open as a single chronicle (for technical reasons that I completely understand due to workload involved). But don’t forget this game was updated frequently on retail.

Here's a prime example and I'm resting my case. 

NA Launch Date Korean Launch Date Codename Title
28 April 2004 1 October 2003 C0 Prelude
28 June 2004 28 January 2004 C1 Chronicle 1: Harbingers of War
8 December 2004 11 August 2004 C2 Chronicle 2: Age of Splendor
10 May 2005 2 March 2005 C3 Chronicle 3: Rise of Darkness
8 February 2006 26 October 2005 C4 Chronicle 4: Scions of Destiny
6 September 2006 1 June 2006 C5 Chronicle 5: Oath of Blood
11 April 2007 13 December 2006 CT0 Interlude
11 December 2007 16 August 2007 CT1

The Kamael

or this 

11 April 2007 13 December 2006 CT0 Interlude
11 December 2007 16 August 2007 CT1 The Kamael
23 April 2008 12 December 2007 CT1.5 Hellbound / Kamael Plus
12 August 2008 30 April 2008 CT2.1 Gracia Part 1
28 October 2008 13 August 2008 CT2.2 Gracia Part 2
28 April 2009 26 November 2008 CT2.3 Gracia Final

Just look at the sheer amount of content you gradually got on x1 rates within a time-span of 3.5 years, and 2 years respectively.  This of course cannot be emulated, I completely understand, but it's also one of the main reasons the madness of repetition occurs, especially since we're experiencing the game on speed rates. This is one of the key reasons why servers have resorted to wiping their servers 4 times a year, thus creating the term "seasons" in L2, and this can also explain why the community jumps around like crazy. You were never meant to remain stagnant on a single chronicle for a long period of time. 

I know nothing like the above can ever be done, but I'd love to one day see a server attempting to do something unconventional, such as mega jumping from let's say Interlude to Gracia Final within a certain period of time (technically this is possible, I think?). Not natural L2 progression, but I think it would be interesting, nonetheless. 

Edited by mr zero

46 minutes ago, mr zero said:

I'd love to one day see a server attempting to do something unconventional, such as mega jumping from let's say Interlude to Gracia Final within a certain period of time (technically this is possible, I think?). Not natural L2 progression, but I think it would be interesting, nonetheless. 

Some classic server(s) already attempted this and failed miserably - perhaps because the admin and server itself closely resembled fecal matter

1 minute ago, GLO said:

Some classic server(s) already attempted this and failed miserably - perhaps because the admin and server itself closely resembled fecal matter

Classic is still sort of new territory though, no? I mean, shouldn't it be more doable using the old files? Assuming the proper team of developers with the proper files and experience took over the task? 

I think if a project wants to really stand out these days they have to do something completely out of the ordinary. It's an old game, and we've played the hell out of it. But bundle chronicle servers seem like breath of fresh air, imo.