Situation Of L2J Projects.

Hello people.

I saw many projects to coming up in l2 scene and I decided to make a topic to express my opinion for each projects.

Because I am IL client lover, I will write only for IL projects.

aCis

- It's the best project to use right now. They are hard with newbies, but they are good people.

L2jHellas

- Dunno what is going on with this project. Boorinio (leader) hires every single random to be developer. I don't know if it's good or not.

L2jFrozen

- I see that development stopped. So, this is a reason to stop choosing it.

L2jArchid

- Dunno what Setekh does. I have heard a lot for this project, it's not time to choose it.

L2jPes (or Pes)

- At the moment, development goes great. Awesome development team, they are focusing on retail & custom engines. That project has future. After my server (L2Elcardia) I will start using l2jpes.

That's all I have to say. In case of being offensive, it's just my opinion.

Regards, Devlin.

how subjective can be the topic when you have l2jpes as your signature? and in archid and hellas "i dunnno" then why you created the topic? i expected a good review for every single project...,

btw which one is the random master devlin?

how subjective can be the topic when you have l2jpes as your signature? and in archid and hellas "i dunnno" then why you created the topic? i expected a good review for every single project...,

Every month I see changing developers. Do not be toxic, I just told my opinion.

About l2jpes, I have it signature because it worths.

well the 66% of pes team was developer in l2jhellas ... if this is the random you say or setekh good job you have no idea of nothing !!

Every month I see changing developers.

you might speak about my first quote?

He says dunno because we all know the abilities and knowledge of Setekh but he hasn't commited anything really admirable, YET. We just have to sit back.

Also, you really don't want a detailed review of your project, because I am sure you will start flaming at people as you usually do after learning the truth.

And about the pes part, even if he is a supporter or a future user of pes, I don't think he said something false. We are doing great until now, even if we have really limited time, and we only run for 1 month, and I believe that An4rchy is a talented young man.

He says dunno because we all know the abilities and knowledge of Setekh but he hasn't commited anything really admirable, YET. We just have to sit back.

Also, you really don't want a detailed review of your project, because I am sure you will start flaming at people as you usually do after learning the truth.

And about the pes part, even if he is a supporter or a future user of pes, I don't think he said something false. We are doing great until now, even if we have really limited time, and we only run for 1 month, and I believe that An4rchy is a talented young man.

show me a flame i did plz! the only random i ever recruited was you but i don't think it's the place to discuss it as for delvin Pauler was on the team Setekh too an4rchy was helping when he had time absolutepower is a great dev and nightwolf has done the biggest commits (size of affected files and countless refactors) and then there is me.That's the reason i posted in this topic cause i didn't see any randomer.

I agree with everything that devlin said, current situation between projects at the moment is just like the one it has been written above.

But you forgot to mention scoria project.

By the way instead of making all these projects why don't you try to develop a project all together ?

It's much easier, much faster and much better i think.

Regards.

By the way instead of making all these projects why don't you try to develop a project all together ?

Pauler does experiments, which ex Tryskell won't add to the pack - aCis. That's why there is a PES (based on aCis). More or less.

Frozen with aCis, there was at least 2 or 3 answers from Tk about dat. - just can't happen and it's currently 'dead'.

Setekh 'just started' and he has his own way. Possible cooperation with PES. He want to use 'present' programs as he stated, Tk don't want them, at least atm :P

That's my pov, but well, it's ofc better if they would speak for themselves.  :good sir:

I can answer, as Shyla (L2JFrozen leader) approached me back in 2011 to merge with L2JFrozen project.

I will repeat what I said during that time : expectations of projects are different. You can't surround all people wishes. It's simply impossible.

I decided to work on retail stuff, which for IL is a "new thing" for EU people (no matter what people can say). Before aCis, people were just busy about adapting customs - all pre2011 packs follow that trend, without any exception. Do you think you saw anywhere a retail Sailren on a IL pack ? On aCis you got. And I don't speak of L2JFree version, than people copy/paste without even checking the code.

People are free to join existing projects, but people got ego, no matter what they say about "my big ego". Some simply don't like to follow, they want a leader position. I'm the first to say I won't merge with another pack, because my vision of what a pack must deliver, and my vision of L2J project is totally different of "regular" project owners. I refered to myself (private Skype discussion) as a "symphony maestro" : people make different sounds, and I make a music from it. That's my current job, and it worked so far. I doubt you saw many projects with more than 60 sharers, except on L2J / L2JFree. I'm the only one who commits, because I checked/tested/fixed before. That's why you saw almost 0 code-revert on aCis changesets.

What is possible, and that worked fine since 2010 : ONE retail pack and ONE custom pack. Two projects are clearly enough. About others, they will dissapear, it's only a question of time. I impose myself as the "retail pack" (that's my baby after all). About customs, who will take the sit, I don't really care, because I don't aim the same population of users.

About L2JPES, and I will repeat myself, I don't see it like a "schism". The useful things (better said : things I found useful) can be added on aCis. Their users can also report bugs, which I can verify and fix on latest. Their own way is to experiment things... I never commit experimental things, so the idea of another pack is ok :P.

About L2JFrozen, the main reason I didn't merge back in the time was because of Scoria itself (Russians often code missing features, but they code so bad than you prefer to suicide). The commit quality (L2JFrozen self team) was also "bad" to say the best. I didn't want to take my head in my hands everytime I code (cause you had to care about L2JFrozen bugs AND Scoria's). Also, aCis was already up to revision 50-75 or so, and people were already coming on the project.

About Archid, I had the idea to take it back, but Sethek's philosophy, back in this time, wasn't open source. It was private. What was shared couldn't be edited (many stuff in Archid JAR, without any source code). I have given up pretty fast. There's also no existing timeline, you got no clue what they edited. It was easier to remake from 0. And I simply doubt Sethek would allow me to take back Archid private and continue his work.

About L2JHellas, I can't say anything as I follow it "from far". Got no clue which revision of Archid they're using, and Sethek himself is ready to "eat" it (I had a *funny* metaphore about it, "does the mother will kill the child ?").

FINALLY, back in 2011, when I refused to merge with L2JFrozen, I ALSO POINTED THE FACT than we could work on RETAIL THINGS together, for our respective packs (notably skills and skills formulas, which is one of the biggest trash). They never clearly answered.

That last point is still valid, no matter who, no matter what.

Hello people. I saw many projects to coming up in l2 scene and I decided to make a topic to express my opinion for each projects. Because I am IL client lover, I will write only for IL projects. aCis - It's the best project to use right now. They are hard with newbies, but they are good people. L2jHellas - Dunno what is going on with this project. Boorinio (leader) hires every single random to be developer. I don't know if it's good or not. L2jFrozen - I see that development stopped. So, this is a reason to stop choosing it. L2jArchid - Dunno what Setekh does. I have heard a lot for this project, it's not time to choose it. L2jPes (or Pes) - At the moment, development goes great. Awesome development team, they are focusing on retail & custom engines. That project has future. After my server (L2Elcardia) I will start using l2jpes. That's all I have to say. In case of being offensive, it's just my opinion. Regards, Devlin.

and why the hell you think that we care about your opinion? we made the project"s for our fun and to help. keep your opinion for you or at least don't speak about l2jhellas because we don't care. simply and nice. yy i know you will say its a forum and we can talk for anything bla bla and some other smart guys will quote my post and answer with smart shits and bla bla. as always. so my final worlds: we are not idiots we know about situation of l2j projects.

edit: a mod lock this topic omg they will spam again as always. by the way change your title this is not a share.

edit: a mod lock this topic omg they will spam again as always. by the way change your title this is not a share.

L2J Discussions are a rare sight in here, believe it or not.

It's really good that people are starting to comment on stuff like projects, codes, software, etc. and initiate whole discussions.

And it's even better when the people that are commenting on such stuff are people like Setekh, Intrepid, or Tryskell (I'm not talking about guys like Pauler simply because I don't know them yet - I have no doubt that they are very skilled as well).

So I don't see why you would want such topics to get locked. The title of the topic might not be right, but this topic could very easily turn into a discussion concerning IL Projects, for example. People could state their opinions on them and the developers themselves could comment as well.

L2jHellas team is mad.

Omg , why you trying to make war each other? And tell me that i am wrong by your replies...

Since all of those projects are free we should be thank full , it doesnt matter what project or what features it has , they are loosing their time for other people's happiness, that Says a lot ..