[Interlude]L2J Archid - "bite My Shiny Metal Ass" Edition

Oh, I see, tell me more about how Setekh works on his projects and what his goals are, I am sure that your experience is far bigger than mine :)

And by the way, that's Sarcasm, the ability to insult people without directly insulting them, or having to use words like "idiot". Anyway, /irony off.

If you are as smart as you seem to be, by saying that sharing stuff in here is the same thing as starting a public L2J Project, or even worse, if that's what you understood from what I said, then there's a way bigger problem than laziness and leechiness.

Glad to be back for a few hours/days.

I see that the number of Developers has increased, but there has also been an increase in the number of people posting while having no idea what they're talking about.

Just usual mxc stuff

will be stable :D i guess :D

Boorinio got a good view of Archid situation. But the true fight isn't really aCis vs Archid (we don't aim the same things), it's more L2JHellas vs Archid. Do the fork will survive the alpha ? Do mommy will kill her child ?  :troll:

Lol Coyote.

Not really sure you remember me, we had several fights in the past (Thelasthero)

Anyway, ontopic.

I have to disagree with Boorinio, since i don't really think you are in the position to judge someone's personal life.

As Setekh said, he is a software engineer, which means he doesn't go to school, which also means he will have to take care of himself in a way. So if he gets free time, he works on l2j, but if he doesn't he will just ignore it as everyone would do. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm starting to acknowledge the fact that I truly forgot maxcheaters. I'm giving people too much credit, respect and trust where its not due. How stupid could i have been to believe that people in this generation of mxc users (since a generation is measured by a couple of years).

Now i understand why Interpid is on fire so often.

First off, let me address Boorinio,

You're lying to yourself if you state that you wish me good luck, your post is a cry of despair, walking over my trust and respect towards you by posting a private chat log. That should be kept only by you and me. You stated it like I am mentally handicapped and i should be tossed aside, I can handle my own fucking actions, don't bother yourself with me!

Maybe before posting you should of read the previous posts, I already stated my unavailability towards mxc and l2j in general. Personally i hate mmos and specially lin2age, but what i really like is L2J, it's always been like that, I learnt programming on a L2J server and altering the code and enhancing it is a kick sometimes for me, re-reading it off the timeline. If i ever left behind something it was caused by the fact it wasn't mine or turned out to not be mine anymore, like what happened in 2010 with archid going private and with ur project. Yeah what i said there in "your posts of quotes" was true, i wanted maybe to prove something to show new bloods what an old dog can do, since I've been seeing a lot of idiots flapping their gums about stuff they have no clue about. I also stated in the first post of this topic that:

Since then I am cursed to return to l2j every middle of the year. In the month of August 2010, archid went silent, and since then every August of a year, something manifests in me and i desperately want to continue l2j. I am sure this is a psychological factor, and till i dont finish interlude or not find someone dedicated to pass the project on, i'll most probably never stop. And i hate that.

But, regarding something that is mine, i made a commitment, you dont know me enough to say "unfortunatelly setekh is "unstable" about his decisions and he has proven it to me both personally and to his community". You're a fucking kid, the fuck do you know about me to call me unstable, i have my reasons behind each and every action i take. If i left hellas and said its my fault, know that it was lie, for people i admire i take in their bad decisions/failures, you're a poor leader and you got much to learn about the real world and how to be part of a community, i cant believe i actually gave you that much trust and credit.

Also I doubt you were an archid fan, an archid fan could be called Tryskell or Szmajso. While they saw the pack's real potential after the restart you sought out the customs that the old pack had.

And don't insult in any way Coyote, he is 10 times the man you are or ever be.

You don't walk over your own balls.

What are/will be main advantages to contribute/work with this project instead of ACIS?

Acis and Archid are way different, they aim for true retailness, while I do too my pursue in doing that is innovation with the latest of technology and ideas like: Management tools for the assets which will all be binary json(or plain json, it will be a build feature, goodbye xml), Asset Management systems, Dependency Injection/Management that also is handling at a global level event driven listener system which in it's abstraction can be used for everything from restriction engine to a custom event system and so forth; I named it Corvus Engine and its current version is 4.1 - Tainted for this pack.

Here is an example of how the events are triggered:

A static index to keep things in check

https://xp-dev.com/trac/l2jarchid/browser/l2jarchid/trunk/Archid-Server/src/main/game-core/com/l2jarchid/services/ArchidIndex.java

A use

https://xp-dev.com/trac/l2jarchid/browser/l2jarchid/trunk/Archid-Server/src/main/game-core/com/l2jarchid/gameserver/ai/L2PlayableAI.java#L92

When that hits Corax will go through the registered listeners till it finds a stop

Here is an example of a listener for simple attack

public class SimpleAttackListener implements CoraxListener {
public <T> T listen(int eventKey, T defaultValue, MelloriObjectBuffer buff) {
	switch(eventKey) {
		case ArchidIndex.AllowAttack: {  /** Args: Player Target[L2Character] Default: True **/
			L2Player player = buff.get();
			L2Player target =  buff.get(L2Player.class); // it can cast too, but the trick here is that target will return null, if we use the buff.get(cast) instead of a class cast exception,
			// doing so we will know that the target is or it isnt a player, so if it was a mob, its null and we ignore it, if not then we check if its a foe.

if(target != null) {
				if(target.isRed() && player.isBlue()) { // we force true, so other handlers wont mess with us
					return true;
				}
				else if(target.getTeam() == player.getTeam() {
					return false; // We dont attack our team
				}
			}
		}

default: return EventMonitor.Nothing; // Nothing triggered, we pass
	}
}
}

With this, you can imagine how portable it can be, inside ur dp or whatever, and ofc making a killing spree system or war zone like hnoke's DM event, with this is a walk in the park XD

But i wanna note that my current goal is to move everything that is interlude from the core and move it to the DP making the engine abstract so it can support numerous datapacks, so with the change of a datapack you'll have a c5 - c4 server.

And i wanna use this system along side the Asset Manager, and make a plugin management system where the user will never have to change codes inside the core or even compile a pack and have plugins with events and features directly on our website. Doing so i hope we can make less stupidly bugged lineage servers.

I have a lot of plans i just need people to report bugs and use the pack.

Not really sure you remember me, we had several fights in the past (Thelasthero)

Lol, you're thelasthero?! GO FUCK URSELF! XD

Setekh i think you are smart enough to ignore trashtalks, i don't have any rights to give you advices becouse i'm dumb but here i go ill try advice you...

as much as you push them that much they will spam you... better don't waste time with talks but prove them with actions... its useless to answer if you can't change the troll mind they have;

PS: Respect.

Man why Interlude? It would be cooler if you did Gracia Final or Epilogue. But good luck anyway. 

It's something personal.

Now seriously people i need testers and users, lets get this shit on the road. I cant keep adding stuff with no idea of the current bugs, i'll be in a bigger mess.

We fixed up the webhost, now reCaptcha wont act up and email service is on again, plus a few optimizations.

Well,you dont even know me,and i dont even know you,but let me tell my opinion.

I just started l2j development again(dont be so suprised from 560 posts) and i have seen some developers like Pauler,Setekh,Anarchy and more about their commits and i think they code when they like to code and they have time,plus i think theyre trying to help people that they dont know l2j coding and they are too lazy to learn(including me,but at least i tried,I was making basic codes like castle announce and hero announce when login)but when i see codes like these like Setekh posted on his post above,i just stayed and read the whole code until i get something from it.

And ye,i like watching commits for some reason(maybe it is that i want to learn coding but im too lazy/need some help about the explanation of which files should i use or the methods like final, extends,cases, or like these:

public <T> T listen(int eventKey, T defaultValue, MelloriObjectBuffer buff)

I remember Coyote helping me when he was Gold Member if im right in greek section, and Ventic making me a code about Oly(but he coded it in Gracia and i dont have a fucking clue about adapting something in IL,i had seen a topic about a java code that it was wrong and got fixed by removing a fucking letter)

Im starting something,i have many ideas or interestests on something,but after some days/weeks i just stop and ignore what i done on the eclipse/server.

Finally,my opinion for you developers is,when you start something,think about its obligations,you need to accept some flame/abuse from retarded people which they dont know a shit.Think before you do something(including your post).

My respect to old/new developers that came into the l2j scene/been a long time on it.

PS:Ill start using L2JArchid,Im already using Pes and ill never stop using it(i mean until it dies or it dies kinda with stable features?)so Setekh wait some bug reports :)

Well,you dont even know me,and i dont even know you,but let me tell my opinion.

I just started l2j development again(dont be so suprised from 560 posts) and i have seen some developers like Pauler,Setekh,Anarchy and more about their commits and i think they code when they like to code and they have time,plus i think theyre trying to help people that they dont know l2j coding and they are too lazy to learn(including me,but at least i tried,I was making basic codes like castle announce and hero announce when login)but when i see codes like these like Setekh posted on his post above,i just stayed and read the whole code until i get something from it.

And ye,i like watching commits for some reason(maybe it is that i want to learn coding but im too lazy/need some help about the explanation of which files should i use or the methods like final, extends,cases, or like these:

public <T> T listen(int eventKey, T defaultValue, MelloriObjectBuffer buff)

I remember Coyote helping me when he was Gold Member if im right in greek section, and Ventic making me a code about Oly(but he coded it in Gracia and i dont have a -beep-ing clue about adapting something in IL,i had seen a topic about a java code that it was wrong and got fixed by removing a -beep-ing letter)

Im starting something,i have many ideas or interestests on something,but after some days/weeks i just stop and ignore what i done on the eclipse/server.

Finally,my opinion for you developers is,when you start something,think about its obligations,you need to accept some flame/abuse from retarded people which they dont know a shit.Think before you do something(including your post).

My respect to old/new developers that came into the l2j scene/been a long time on it.

PS:Ill start using L2JArchid,Im already using Pes and ill never stop using it(i mean until it dies or it dies kinda with stable features?)so Setekh wait some bug reports :)

Understandable post, but from the other side of things when you have people who even if you write a million guides about how to install the pack or whatever subject it is about, they still screw up. For example i closed my project simply because i had to deal with around 10-15 people annoying me every single day because they couldnt read what i wrote. So from a developer view its harder than you might think. :)

It's something personal.

Now seriously people i need testers and users, lets get this shit on the road. I cant keep adding stuff with no idea of the current bugs, i'll be in a bigger mess.

We fixed up the webhost, now reCaptcha wont act up and email service is on again, plus a few optimizations.

i will compile now and i will report you the error/problems.

Understandable post, but from the other side of things when you have people who even if you write a million guides about how to install the pack or whatever subject it is about, they still screw up. For example i closed my project simply because i had to deal with around 10-15 people annoying me every single day because they couldnt read what i wrote. So from a developer view its harder than you might think. :)

I forgot to mention you,my apologises sir.

First off you wont need to change packs, archid works together with pes :P We'll brain storm ideas and sync, same gos with every pack, if they have an idea they can just suggest it and we can make it work. Thats whats open source, its not a battle between packs, collaboration is key here. I aim to change the mentality of l2j pack owners.

that is also very true.

i will compile now and i will report you the error/problems.

Thanks, and about ur previous question, i am to make customs developers into creators for this pack, so while the core aims for our style of retailness, people can create their own content if they wanna learn. With out getting the core dirty

First off you wont need to change packs, archid works together with pes :P We'll brain storm ideas and sync, same gos with every pack, if they have an idea they can just suggest it and we can make it work. Thats whats open source, its not a battle between packs, collaboration is key here. I aim to change the mentality of l2j pack owners.

that is also very true.

Thanks, and about ur previous question, i am to make customs developers into creators for this pack, so while the core aims for our style of retailness, people can create their own content if they wanna learn. With out getting the core dirty

OK. man. im compiling now.. i wish you the best.