Fake Players Engine

This system already shared a long time ago for Rebellion forks and looks so ugly. No one from russian community didn't used this shit for live projects. Only for fun. And only you show it as own somehow achivement.

Take more time for following of trends in russian community and you will stop to create bicycle again.

No more comments.

2 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

Also bots have automatic internal rebuffing and refueling of consumables (shots/arrows/bones) when they are about to run out.

Performance is solid.

this automation is on another level,if characters able to move at same time while hitting it gonna be close to a real mass pvp scenario

Implemented a small functionality that allows the admin to take control of a fake player.

For now it only supports movement but it is easy to add things like attack/skill casting.

• Upvote 1

Sell something like that,then people will give up totaly coz there is no hope for this videogame...

Well,at least there is the possibility of being a single player videogame.

Taking control over a bot ... interesting .

16 minutes ago, bravetobe said:

Sell something like that,then people will give up totaly coz there is no hope for this videogame...

Well,at least there is the possibility of being a single player videogame.

Taking control over a bot ... interesting .

What you guys don't get is that people are already using similar things like that. They are just poorly written, moronic and not sophisticated at all.

If you are to do it anyway then might as well do it right.

Also i still consider the possibility of releasing it for free. But this will depend on how much effort it will take to get it to a good place.

36 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

What you guys don't get is that people are already using similar things like that. They are just poorly written, moronic and not sophisticated at all.

Also i still consider the possibility of releasing it for free. But this will depend on how much effort it will take to get it to a good place.

U misunderstood my statement...

Yea obviously fake engines exist but providing something like this,it will make the things worse when it comes to gameplay.Well people might think that its fun to kill bots but personally i dont.

Thats the reason why i said that this engine will be a step closer to make l2 singleplayer videogame.

People can have their own opinion idk,but if we are supposed to play with 80< % bots,then whats the point...

Its just 1 more tool to keep the parasites alive.

Its nice experience to code something like this but the usage of it will be disgusting.

It would be fine for events with advanced AI mechanics party vs party /parties vs parties.Making something like this public will be nail into the coffin.. People aint stupid and it will make things worse.

54 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

so players understand the fake and leave server imidietly.

thats actualy good and you will ruin it :)

5 minutes ago, bravetobe said:

U misunderstood my statement...

Yea obviously fake engines exist but providing something like this,it will make the things worse when it comes to gameplay.Well people might think that its fun to kill bots but personally i dont.

Thats the reason why i said that this engine will be a step closer to make l2 singleplayer videogame.

People can have their own opinion idk,but if we are supposed to play with 80< % bots,then whats the point...

Its just 1 more tool to keep the parasites alive.

Its nice experience to code something like this but the usage of it will be disgusting.

It would be fine for events with advanced AI mechanics party vs party /parties vs parties.Making something like this public will be nail into the coffin.. People aint stupid and it will make things worse.

it would be best for the event if 1 player enter the rest will be bots to party and etc (they fill the gap) but there is no actual event engine working to work on but good point there

PS the guys who will pay for this will have a server that will fail or already failed and 8/10 admin and have waste money on this remember that... the other 2 will play solo because you cant win players with players online and shit servers

Edited by Nightw0lf

The funny part here is that some people appear as the "Destroyers" of the game. "I'll share this engine and boom ! Lineage 2 community is dead."

Lineage 2 survived so many years though stupid admins, fail homemade servers and br/ru people who tend to photoshop fake nude models that keep their logo on a piece of paper just to attract more virgins. Guess what, your little code won't hurt it more.

So compare this to a conquest of the land. Your effort cost more than the benefits you get. You gonna waste your time while you could do something useful in your life, to try ruin a community that is already ruined. Worth it? And why? The majority of the target audience can figure out that this specific character is a bot and leave instantly. 

Edited by GamePsychology

38 minutes ago, GamePsychology said:

The funny part here is that some people appear as the "Destroyers" of the game. "I'll share this engine and boom ! Lineage 2 community is dead."

Lineage 2 survived so many years though stupid admins, fail homemade servers and br/ru people who tend to photoshop fake nude models that keep their logo on a piece of paper just to attract more virgins. Guess what, your little code won't hurt it more.

So compare this to a conquest of the land. Your effort cost more than the benefits you get. You gonna waste your time while you could do something useful in your life, to try ruin a community that is already ruined. Worth it? And why? The majority of the target audience can figure out that this specific character is a bot and leave instantly. 

Neither i have the intention that this will kill any game nor i think that this a bad think. On a personal level i like seeing populated servers rather than non populated server. I wouldn't recommend to someone to use this as in a ratio of 200/200 real/fake bur a 200/50 ratio.

Trust me all of you have been playing in high profile servers with bots and you don't even know it.

On 27/11/2017 at 3:45 PM, .Elfocrash said:

Trust me all of you have been playing in high profile servers with bots and you don't even know it.

Also an extra update.

Implemented a auto scaling system where AI tasks are being spawned based on how many fake players are currently live (in the video the players per task value is 10).

This allows admins to configure how much stress they will put on a single task. Currently each task will iterate over all the players responsive for it and trigger the thingAndAct() method for them. The rest is up to the FakePlayerAI to decide.

Also started building a little bit of a dashboard to allow easy control of the bots.

Edited by .Elfocrash

Sweets also deleted my stress testing post. Anyways the bottom line is, don’t spawn a shit ton of bots that are attacking because you will have some performance issues. Bots will less functionality should be fine though.

there are ways to address them but it is not s priority for now

Edited by .Elfocrash