Fake Players Engine

I never liked fake players or even fake counters to any server..

So i dont think developing this one its a good idea about money it is but for gameplay is not..

18 minutes ago, SantaPaul said:

The only way this could work if you got over 300-400 real online players so you put like 100-200 fake players. This can be "hidden"

The best case scenario is both what you said and also grand opening.

15 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

if you sell this kind of shit i will share acis/h5 version for fake players and destroy l2 for good

i forget we are at 2k17 and l2 is w/o fake players. wtf, every server already using 50% of fake players 

1 hour ago, Nightw0lf said:

if you sell this kind of shit i will share acis/h5 version for fake players and destroy l2 for good

Feel free to do so. You will save me so much time.

1 hour ago, AchYlek said:

i forget we are at 2k17 and l2 is w/o fake players. wtf, every server already using 50% of fake players 

Yeah i did a bit digging around and it seems that everyone is using shared phantom.

2 hours ago, Nightw0lf said:

You're all amateur kids behind a 50 euro monitor trashtalking as if you control the world in your hands. 

"If you do this, i'll share this and then boom whole l2j community is dead." .. Yes maybe you destroy the whole internet for good? 

As if all humanity wait for your fail coding engines to quit L2J. I wouldn't respond but when i see so high self-est people writting down posts, it provoke me.

After a bit of testing and benchmarking, it seems that my current implementation won't fly. After 600 players the server load is 99%. I pretty much knew that but i wanted to see what the load would be with individual thinking tasks.
I will go with the lighter approach of batching per AI type.

Other than that everything else seems to be going well.

i've been there you cant use individual tasks but one task for each move skill using moving attacking talking and you can load 4k players with 1% server load

2 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

i've been there you cant use individual tasks but one task for each move skill using moving attacking talking and you can load 4k players with 1% server load

I've done it before, i wanted to see what the difference of "before" and "after" would be.
I'd rather have one task per AI for now and see how that goes.
If it seems heavy then i will go even higher.

• 3 weeks later...

So i finally have 3 days off to work on this. I started by remaking the way the bots think about how they will do stuff.

Previously i had one task running per player just to see how far this could go and it because obvious that after 200 players the thing went kraaaa.

However i reworked the way this logic in handled and now with a reasonably low cpu usage.

To test it i spawned 666 bots of two types, AttackerAI (general purpose) and SpellHowlerAI (class specific) and the load is kept low, so im happy withe the performance side of things.

jVzWcdS.jpg

Next thing in the todo list is to create individual class based AI for combat and social interaction.

Bots should behave differently in different scenarios and even though fake, their decisions should at least look authentic.

• Like 1

Some wizard combat stuff. The players are unbuffed and just use spiritshot thats why some of them stop casting for a sec some times when all skills are on cooldown.

Been working on the decision making and skill picking. Some skills are more likely to be used by others.

Also bots have automatic internal rebuffing and refueling of consumables (shots/arrows/bones) when they are about to run out.

Performance is solid.