L2Jhellas Interlude Project

Apparently many people (at least in the uk) find an it job without a degree which is pretty interesting.

I know, been there.

Degrees are overrated. Last year of school I had this girl who couldn't install windows by herself, yet she was a textbook master and managed to get it with the right dude to perform all technical part.

Companies noticed that and saw there is a lot of hard working dedicated people not meant for the school format.

I know, been there.

Degrees are overrated. Last year of school I had this girl who couldn't install windows by herself, yet she was a textbook master and managed to get it with the right dude to perform all technical part.

Companies noticed that and saw there is a lot of hard working dedicated people not meant for the school format.

It's basically "can you do the job or not". It is very common that during technical interviews you are allowed to google stuff.

Anyway this is getting offtopic.

• 2 weeks later...

Just transfer that old ass svn to Github already. No one uses subversion anymore.

Worst thing that frozen did was transferring svn to github, not because it's not better but for better or worst the majority of l2j community are "github illiterate" so everyone ended up using the 1004 rev or smth that was on their svn.

Worst thing that frozen did was transferring svn to github, not because it's not better but for better or worst the majority of l2j community are "github illiterate" so everyone ended up using the 1004 rev or smth that was on their svn.

Nop, nop and nop.

Subversion especially for that kind of opensource projects is old news (and i would expect you as a software engineer to know that).

That's the main reason why the community never contributed. Because it was too much work to download the files create a diff file and then type to manually add that patch. 

Instead (Fork>Commit>Pull>Auto merge).

Live example https://github.com/Elfocrash/L2dotNET/graphs/contributors

21 pull requests for almost a million lines of code. Nothing manual.

Fuck the community, they will always follow what the latest trend if you are good enough.

If not the stick with shitty svn :D

Nop, nop and nop.

Subversion especially for that kind of opensource projects is old news (and i would expect you as a software engineer to know that).

That's the main reason why the community never contributed. Because it was too much work to download the files create a diff file and then type to manually add that patch. 

Instead (Fork>Commit>Pull>Auto merge).

Live example https://github.com/Elfocrash/L2dotNET/graphs/contributors

21 pull requests for almost a million lines of code. Nothing manual.

Fuck the community, they will always follow what the latest trend if you are good enough.

If not the stick with shitty svn :D

I personally am using git and i have used in every team i have ever joined you have a nice way of twisting words...It is better BUT as i said earlier it's not for l2j community for users like frozen or hellas.Those project have the "get it ready" m.o. they want to checkout compile and run and most of them have no idea of programming to be honest.That's why after moving to git frozen's pull requests were in an all time low...( we had already spoken of this issue when i joined them and they admit it was a mistake).

P.S. off topic how is overwatch should i buy it?

Edited by Boorinio