Discussion About L2Jhellas Reopen :)

This reminds me of those random projects from 2008. You're just willing to edit/add customs, random possible fixes on core, and nothing else. Crappy coded and pointless.

Not hating but i remember while you told anyone that the pack was stable i tested and it had a lot of problems and not problems which you can avoid for example a grand boss is not working properly you don't add it on your server and everything is ok, if i'm not wrong (it was back in the past and don't remember exactly the problem) it was with some skills, and some other misc problems.

Anyway my point of why i said that is, if you're willing to make a lot of fixes (ofc with the help from people who's using your pack by reporting the problems) and you're about to create a stable pack then go for it. I know it's free and you get nothing in return but at least if you really want this do it properly not like frozen which they had to make fixes for years and their fixes was shiet fixes.

I would like to see that if you're about to work as you should.

Actually, frozen was pretty good. Thats why alot of ppl were using it.

frozen was crappy, and people using it cause it's easy to edit/add/remove anything you want and also got a lot of custom mods something which most people liked cause they didn't had the proper knowledge to implent these features on a clean source..

maybe it's good for you cause you always open pvp servers and the most of things which are not working are not needed on a pvp server so it's ok for you for example. but it goes like this -> "you get what you pay for" 

Actually, frozen was pretty good. Thats why alot of ppl were using it.

you clearly have no clue..

Well as far as the re opening if abso wants to do it , he can , i see no reason not to..I might even pop up now and then with a commit who knows :P

Tryskell no need to be ironic... refer to (noobs firewall).. we all appreciate your work but you know that being ironic wont bring more fans.

Btw if boorio lead the project again i'll join too.. my suggestion is get rid of useless customs and focus on fix the core and the problems..

no need to have 50000 customs.

Edited by SweeTs

Sounds good. I really liked l2jhellas despite the problems at the time i used it. Howerver there are somethings id like to see be done differently.

For example id like to see a focus on making the pack usable for a live server first and then all the rest.

Another thing id like to see its keep the code style constant. Meaning not changing file and method titles and stuff all the time during reworks (This is the reason most customs brake overtime in my experience). Or at least avoid these kind of changes as much as possible.

Not useless porting to .xml database tables. It really takes away the flexibility mysql gives in massive content changes. For example in l2jserver all the drops have been moved inside xml files and are combined with the npc data. That means i cant delete useless drops or change ammounts and chances in a large scale. Same with NPCs i cant delete usless npcs anymore and so long.

And last, If something works fine keep it until theres a better overall option or theres no other way to keep it.

[gr]

pali edw o ypostiriktis toy acis poy den exei idea gia to ti ginete sto pack opos kai oi developer toy 

to teleyteo rev einai oti pio axristo exei poylithi pote asxetos an katelikse se free share 

kai mias kai eisai toso kalos gt den toys boithas esy na kanoyn tpt xrisimo ?

ksekinontas me ta brandboss poy me to pou kanoyn spawn eksafanizonte ... osa yparxoyn 

pola logia les sinexia xoris na exeis idea kai twra tha to riksis sto oti eimai pro dev epidi den exeis idea ti na pis e?

[gr]Den asxoloume me to l2j edw kai kairo alla parakolouthw tis allages pou kanei o tryskell kai h omada kai sta matia enos developer oi allages einai polu kalogramenes.

Otan egw testara ta grandboss gia kapoio pelath douleuane ola (me zaken kai frintezza pou einai shared sto customer) opote eilikrina den kserw ti les.

Isws esu den hsoun ikanos na ta setareis.

[gr]Den asxoloume me to l2j edw kai kairo alla parakolouthw tis allages pou kanei o tryskell kai h omada kai sta matia enos developer oi allages einai polu kalogramenes.

Otan egw testara ta grandboss gia kapoio pelath douleuane ola (me zaken kai frintezza pou einai shared sto customer) opote eilikrina den kserw ti les.

eisai wraios tester kai egw eimai anikanos ( mono poy ayta poy grafoyme edw mpori na ta dokimasi o opoios dipote )

kai na katalabi an ta grandboss doyleyoyn opos prepei h oxi 

gt emena moy fenete oti trexoyn mpros piso kai den mporoyn na kanoyn hit se kanenan paixti kai an kanoyn hit trexoyn na bgoyn apo ta zone

eisai poli op tester ( oso gia ta custom RB poy dokimases exoyn problima apla den to blepeis opos den ides kai gia ta ypolipa)

kalitera mine se ayto poy ipes kai monos soy kai min asxolise gt den to exeis 

edit :

den moy les kai emena ti einai ayto poy ides kalogrameno kai einai diki toys doylia kai oxi tis l2j ?

Edited by pirama

Ontopic: 

Tryskell no need to be ironic... refer to (noobs firewall)..  we all appreciate your work but you know that being ironic wont bring more fans.

Btw if boorio lead the project again i'll join too.. my suggestion is get rid of useless customs and focus on fix the core and the problems..

no need to have 50000 customs.

That's a term I use since 2011-2012, I don't need nor want fans.

From memory, L2JHellas uses a base Archid, and to personally use it around 2010 for my own private project back in time, before aCis bornt, I can tell you using a plain L2J would give you the same experience. If you speak about the big reworks such as movement, geoengine and seeing Absolute skills, I can tell you the project is already doomed, and the only way to get somewhat concurrent with my own project is to take back the exact same spot than L2JFrozen, aka full ready pvp custom.

But something is right, you could simply take back L2JFrozen, as it still have ppl around using a deprecated 2y sources. It is strange than none decided to take the lead. L2JHellas users are maybe 10% of L2JFrozen ones in term of quantity.

Edited by Tryskell

That's a term I use since 2011-2012, I don't need nor want fans.

From memory, L2JHellas uses a base Archid, and to personally use it around 2010 for my own private project back in time, before aCis bornt, I can tell you using a plain L2J would give you the same experience. If you speak about the big reworks such as movement, geoengine and seeing Absolute skills, I can tell you the project is already doomed, and the only way to get somewhat concurrent with my own project is to take back the exact same spot than L2JFrozen, aka full ready pvp custom.

But something is right, you could simply take back L2JFrozen, as it still have ppl around using a deprecated 2y sources. It is strange than none decided to take the lead. L2JHellas users are maybe 10% of L2JFrozen ones in term of quantity.

[gr] den mas les kai ena rework poy ekanes monos soy xoris na pernis code's apo alla project?

[gr] den mas les kai ena rework poy ekanes monos soy xoris na pernis code's apo alla project?

Write at least in normal greek in order I can translate with Google Trad :).

To diko m frintezza ennoeis pou to ekana addapt k allages se 356

K omws dn einai full working...exei kapoa bugs to anelave o dantilo sto l2jbrasil k den exw idea ti to exei kanei