Discussion About L2Jhellas Reopen :)

I didn't read your greeklish answer, simply because I won't use 2 different translators to understand and answer you. If you don't make an effort to speak english on an english section, that's not my problem.

If you create 5000 mobs in the same location, it generates 5000 knownlists with 4999 entries (that's 2kk entries, while most of the knownlists got maybe 20-30 max, which means you generate more data from those knownlists than on all existing spawnlist), it also send 5000 packets to any player, randomly spread over 12 sec simply for the social action effect (I don't even tell you about other actions such as movement and attack). Giving the fact than network flood config is setted to 80 packets / seconds by default, you got big luck being not disconnected.

The lag you got is client related, not server side. And finally, server uses as much as memory than you give him. If you give 8g, it will eat more than if you gave 4g, and it will eat less if you use 2g (EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T EDIT ANYTHING MEANWHILE). The only difference would be the garbage collection time, which will be delayed if you add more ram ON JVM.

Finally pirama, what proves your videos ? That you know something than I don't ? That you (or someone you paid for most probably) found a bug ? Simply share what you know if you know a memory leak, instead of playing your little boy. Your server is nothing more than an aCis server, after all.

PS : and your client still lags, so what the fuck ?

on 2Gb your pack crach eazy .... yes your knownlist is very slow and loss many MB of ram need delete and create new faster 

and mob Ai need job or no. work all fine ?

Client lag bcs fps reach 0 with such a big amount of objects.

i dont said nothing for client lag

Obvisouly, but that means pirama is only happy to show us on HIS server he uses 1g RAM lesser. He probably tweaked knownlist system, in order other monsters don't see each other, and that's it. Because with identical configuration, that's the only thing which can be affected between his 2 videos.

Big boy !

or i create i KnownList on every 1 zone and all take of them all known Object :) you like ?

faster and low memory work 100% stable and all is nicely :)

what you think ?

on 2Gb your pack crach eazy .... yes your knownlist is very slow and loss many MB of ram need delete and create new faster 

and mob Ai need job or no. work all fine ?

i dont said nothing for client lag

or i create i KnownList on every 1 zone and all take of them all known Object :) you like ?

faster and low memory work 100% stable and all is nicely :)

what you think ?

You have no clue what a knowlist is, or how it works. So keep your mouth shut

You picked the idea on Lucera 2.0 most probably. And that's a workbench on my own private workbench since 07 May 2015, 17:58:08 

I took a look over knownlist system after a speak with UnAfraid, result is kinda troublesome :

88x128 = 11264 L2WorldRegion, each holding 2 ConcurrentHashMap = 22528 maps.
Knownlists system, 1 ConcurrentHashMap per knownlist, 1 per spawn = 40676 maps.

With that simple system of knownlist, it's over 63204 Concurrent maps generated on server startup.

The idea would be to rely only on L2WorldRegion maps to find the knownlist, as, anyway we already use knownlists system to generate such radius check list (skills). Which is basically, get the NPC L2WorldRegion, pick surrounding L2WorldRegion, collect all L2Objects and then restrict it to npc range.

The problem is to know how to trigger events, such as player entered on npc range. There is already a task running every 1.25sec updating knownlist, we could use it to make a differential between old and new knownlist to trigger forget/newcomer event.

The idea is to shortcut the number of Maps as anyway we generate a lot of dynamic data (getknownlist by type and by radius, and the knownlist is also generated from a radius = 2 radius checks instead of 1). The point is to go from (static) 60k maps down to 10k, and cut the way data is processed (atm it checks a range 1500, then filter by the getDistancetoWatch value).

Your thoughts ?

If you got such idea already implemented, I would be glad to test and eventually commit it.

PS : if you didn't copied-pasted it, I'm almost sure you got issues.

Edited by Tryskell

You picked the idea on Lucera 2.0 most probably. And that's a workbench on my own private workbench since 07 May 2015, 17:58:08 

If you got such idea already implemented, I would be glad to test and eventually commit it.

PS : if you didn't copied-pasted it, I'm almost sure you got issues.

to tell the truth the first time I see this

but so is almost the same reasoning

I simply split into smaller pieces for I have more big performance ...

Share a code based on latest (or latest free if you haven't) and I will find you issues ;). It would be impressive you thought about all, until you use another completely different system.

Yeah L2J knownlist or any related kind suck.

Per region knownlist is the right way to go as he said, and you should as soon as you can. Lower memory consumption and packets amount.

Yeah L2J knownlist or any related kind suck.

Per region knownlist is the right way to go as he said, and you should as soon as you can. Lower memory consumption and packets amount.

I know, it's a personal idea I got since at least 2014. Then I spoke with UnAfraid, and then 2 months later I saw some Lucera 2.0 sources with such feature. Didn't yet tested anything, as I'm still stucked with scripts and shit.

Well the good point is, my ideas aren't that bad.

About packets, I don't think it is affected on any possible scenario. We only speak about knownlist generation which would be now calculated directly "on the fly" instead of stored, I guess. Retrieve the surrounding areas, merge knownlists of each zone on a new temporary map, and then calculate range / filter retained class types. And serve. The only problem then would be refreshing it, adding or remove an object from object's view. You have to keep a relation between each object, normally.

I didn't dig a lot, those are only thoughts.

Share a code based on latest (or latest free if you haven't) and I will find you issues ;). It would be impressive you thought about all, until you use another completely different system.

me and share don't go together :P

http://www.la2howl.com/

join for test and if you see everyone but. tell me and i fix it alone :)

you need it for copy / paste ?

Edit : You have knowledge finally ... do not you go along with the rest .

but your project far behind to be able to judge L2jHellas 

now Said good luck on L2jHellas . and go to fix your pack :P

Edited by pirama

you need it for copy / paste ?

I would be idiot to don't add a code which works as intented. I got no problems to copy-paste from the moment I got the authorization and I don't break author own thoughts about it. Why reinventing the wheel when someone did it ?

Did you code your own MMOCore, your own L2J pack ? Ofc not. You reused L2J and aCis work. You simply copied pasted it.

The least of your thanks is to help my pack to raise, instead of spit on it while using it (which is a ridiculous concept). That's thanks to your behavior than L2J is still on point 0 on progression bar. People creates stuff, and then decide to delete timeline or projects. Things are lost and have to be remade from zero.

You blame me than I copy-paste, but I just showed you than L2JHellas copied-paste aCis (and 300+ scripts it's not a godamn idiot knownlist system).

You can keep your secrets if you want, it's not like I can't do it. And probably better, shorter and well-documented. But it's sad to see that you use my pack, spit on me without sharing anything. Moreover if I find issues or performance boost, it's not like you wouldn't benefit it.

But that's your own call, and you can continue to act as childish as usual. When I will fix it, you will have to find another way to impress people.

Edited by Tryskell

I would be idiot to don't add a code which works as intented. I got no problems to copy-paste from the moment I got the authorization and I don't break author own thoughts about it. Why reinventing the wheel when someone did it ?

Did you code your own MMOCore, your own L2J pack ? Ofc not. You reused L2J and aCis work. You simply copied pasted it.

The least of your thanks is to help my pack to raise, instead of spit on it while using it (which is a ridiculous concept). That's thanks to your behavior than L2J is still on point 0 on progression bar. People creates stuff, and then decide to delete timeline or projects. Things are lost and have to be remade from zero.

You blame me than I copy-paste, but I just showed you than L2JHellas copied-paste aCis (and 300+ scripts it's not a godamn idiot knownlist system).

You can keep your secrets if you want, it's not like I can't do it. And probably better, shorter and well-documented. But it's sad to see that you use my pack, spit on me without sharing anything. Moreover if I find issues or performance boost, it's not like you wouldn't benefit it.

But that's your own call, and you can continue to act as childish as usual. When I will fix it, you will have to find another way to impress people.

- If you would have done it long ago

- not waiting for me to implement it

- It has to do with the management of server . if you only knew as you say because I did not ?

- in that I said that he is aware not to do to ride the pole

- cu by me :)

Good Luck L2j Hellas !!!

- If you would have done it long ago

- not waiting for me to implement it

- It has to do with the management of server . if you only knew as you say because I did not ?

- in that I said that he is aware not to do to ride the pole

- cu by me :)

Good Luck L2j Hellas !!!

Cool story then, you only "show off" your impressive skills. From memory you already did in the past, for the exact same subject. Except now I know what you mean.

And I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I got other things to code and rework (without me L2JHellas would never have full scripts folder after all), and while it's a decent boost, strictly none idiot (except you so far) would add 5000 NPCs on the same spot. Moreover when it is still lagging like shit, which means on client side you got strictly 0 amelioration (on a xxdem PoV, it would be considered useless).

I stop the offtopic from here.

Amen.

PS : I still clearly doubt you coded or even got the idea to recode it by yourself.

Cool story then, you only "show off" your impressive skills. From memory you already did in the past, for the exact same subject. Except now I know what you mean.

And I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I got other things to code and rework (without me L2JHellas would never have full scripts folder after all), and while it's a decent boost, strictly none idiot (except you so far) would add 5000 NPCs on the same spot. Moreover when it is still lagging like shit, which means on client side you got strictly 0 amelioration (on a xxdem PoV, it would be considered useless).

I stop the offtopic from here.

Amen.

PS : I still clearly doubt you coded or even got the idea to recode it by yourself.

only that you say words in the air while I have it in on online server 

ok on 5000 idiot notion...

10 mob on me pack take 1 mb ram and 0.01 cpu      

and on your project take 10 mb ram and 0.1 cpu

i create this ( fix / update ) for this code 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBYSj1sPcgk

and yes this code need fast update on knownlist for dont crash the server if 100 player join on same time

and without this code me pack use lower cpu and ram at play

now see your problem's ... if i have bug's join on server forum and report it

I know, it's a personal idea I got since at least 2014. Then I spoke with UnAfraid, and then 2 months later I saw some Lucera 2.0 sources with such feature. Didn't yet tested anything, as I'm still stucked with scripts and shit.

Well the good point is, my ideas aren't that bad.

About packets, I don't think it is affected on any possible scenario. We only speak about knownlist generation which would be now calculated directly "on the fly" instead of stored, I guess. Retrieve the surrounding areas, merge knownlists of each zone on a new temporary map, and then calculate range / filter retained class types. And serve. The only problem then would be refreshing it, adding or remove an object from object's view. You have to keep a relation between each object, normally.

I didn't dig a lot, those are only thoughts.

That's not a proper approach

Or it's just the wording

Edited by Sdw

off topic 

Yup Pirama doesn't like me, dunno why. I did nothing to his family. Never insulted. Never scammed. Didn't touch his dog/cat/redfish. And none of my ex-girlfriends were greek or greeklish. I swear.

now i see this post

some years ago had an offensive message to followed by residents from each post in which did you do 
and refers to the Greeks....
not need more :P