aCis - another CRAPPY interlude server

Tryskell

I made a post 2 days ago, but perhaps I didn't send or what o_O.

I was asking to Coyote what was the problem about making it free. I was pointed the fact Coyote talked about, be patient. Both about "no-team" choice and the big features need time to be corrected and implemented CORRECTLY (both with team or not, this is the same point). What is the point to add a feature if it's buggy or debugged after 20 revisions (and often, never debugged).

The choice I made is simple, and I will perhaps repeat myself about : 0 custom allowed, except some little which can improve the original gameplay without hurt (aka social actions for example). It's YOUR problem if you want to add a custom. I give a free corrected debugged platform for ANY type of gameplay. Your problem if you want to buy one of those crappy packs with customs.

The only goal of this pack is to correct IL and give a "as light as possible" server type.

I began a crusade versus bad IL servers / packs as no one begin it. I'm fed up about guys making you paid for shitty packs. I'm fed up of good packs which die aswell, for stupid reasons.

About BUGS, I repeat again : only in forum.

I was asking to Coyote what was the problem about making it free. I was pointed the fact Coyote talked about, be patient. Both about "no-team" choice and the big features need time to be corrected and implemented CORRECTLY (both with team or not, this is the same point). What is the point to add a feature if it's buggy or debugged after 20 revisions (and often, never debugged).

The choice I made is simple, and I will perhaps repeat myself about : 0 custom allowed, except some little which can improve the original gameplay without hurt (aka social actions for example). It's YOUR problem if you want to add a custom. I give a free corrected debugged platform for ANY type of gameplay. Your problem if you want to buy one of those crappy packs with customs.

You are paraphrasing my words while having misunderstood them, something I do not quite like.

I've already explained the reasons I believe that skilled people shouldn't make free projects.

As for public projects, I know that there are people like the poster above me, who will just leech everything without contributing. I give them everything and in return I get nothing. So, thanks, but no thanks.

And.. How are the custom features related with the fact that your project is public? o.o

I was asking to Coyote what was the problem about making it free. I was pointed the fact Coyote talked about, be patient.

I only paraphrased the "be patient", adding my personal reasons about. I never said it was coming from your mouth. Others "I was" refered to the "un-posted post which will never been posted". To be brief, nothing to hurt an emo elven.

About private/public, Archid is the best example of "why you never should make private". All agreed to say it was a good pack (well until the premium/standard idea). Sethek (helped with some others) worked 1 full year on his project.  What have survived of this era ? Nothing concrete : 1 premium pack full of customs (and JARs locked), 1 standard pack unusable (except stealing ideas/codes), and finally, the old project, the 1292 revision, which is by far his best project.

I said higher in my post, this is a crusade. The goal is to unificate all eventual future ILs servers under my banners. You don't like my work, you got all others packs. You like clean code and "as retail as" (it won't never be retail like, it's impossible) pack, with corrected stuffs and unique features in a free pack, you're welcome.

When someone sell fishes, and in the same time you give fishes, guess what ? All will give fishes time you give them for free, because they couldn't do anything else. If you don't like fish, replace with chocolate, bananas or IL pack.

I have to add, the most usefull commits are so HEAVY (what I like to talk "chapters") than they can't be copied-pasted without having errors. About little fixes, why not. I don't care if you're able to copy-paste my "escape shackle" commit, 2 lines fix (L2JRok did it). They would never be able to commit a full working zone manager (in case they don't have). So what's the point to block all knowledge ?

From the moment my pack is updated from time to time, I have nothing to be feared of. I would even be proud to be used as source. That will just show the serious of the project.

----

I didn't really get your last sentence about custom, what I can say, actual public packs totally forgive to correct IL, instead of they implement and debug their customs. It's funny as adding customs eat the time you should normally give to correct IL.

So they add bugs to bugs, and finally it's a crappy pack.

----

As the actual forum got serious connection problems (need mmocore rework too lol), feel free to post in the old forum aswell about bugs reports : http://acis.kiffmylife.com/. I will check both forums time Sido cleans up this mess.

A little up to say MMOCore have been fully updated.

Attacking master access right now.

I still wait reports about ZoneManager. Or perhaps I added them without any sort of bugs ? I would be the first stunned, lol.

If you want this project survive, you can :

- participate to the forum, as a part of community ;

- helping track bugs (compile, launch on localhost and run around to see what happens) ;

- test "normally corrected" things (and report if something I supposed corrected in timeline isn't) ;

- write/link tutorials (both about compilation/launch aCis), than I will use to grow the wiki ;

- search parts of codes about missing features (signets, partymatching), or even find fixes / make patches about them.

- promote the project (marketing)

I need mainly testers, as I badly miss reactions on my commits (since ZoneManager). I know it's Chrismats + new year, so I don't bother a lot about, but still it's annoying as I perhaps commit bugged / not fully working things and I don't know. And as I must spend some times ingame to test on local, this time is lost to develop.

Up to you (and all people who want this project survive) to help me :).

When u make one project u have to know the consequences, especially when u are alone. It's hard u knew that from the begin but u accepted that to continue this project to waste ur free time etc... etc... for me it's annoying l2 is dying u waste ur time for nothing.

Anyway good luck.

As we got problems with host (70% down those days), Sido is moving of host.

You can use the old forum waiting. Sry for inconveniences.

The accessLevel rework is "done" (more than 300 errors corrected, I just finished right now), need to test on local.

lalapq.jpg

----

About LordPanic reply, it's pertinent, and I agree L2 is dead (since 2008 exactly, with Kamalol introduction). But what do you think MaxCheaters should do as L2 is dead ? Delete all sections talking of L2J and L2 in general ? Should L2J team move of game ? Should all L2 servers just shutdown ?

As you can see, question is vast, and there is no correct answer. Pointless to speak about a "so-general" subject here then :). Plus, I do what I want about my time  ;D.

If you were talking just seeing the "survive" word, well, you got it all wrong. Pack is pretty young (less than 1 month) and already got full working zone manager (except Bosses AI), and MMOCore rework. And I have no intention to give up.