Who l2j is better?

@Tryskell i tried convience a client yesterday to buy your project cause i though you fixed movement and attack but then he joined your test and post me this video:

https://streamable.com/cqlivs

He said obviously not. Can you fix those issues please? I want redirect clients of mine to your project since you "fixed" movement but it still has visible issues and it's far from OFF like.

3 hours ago, Kara said:

@Tryskell i tried convience a client yesterday to buy your project cause i though you fixed movement and attack but then he joined your test and post me this video:

https://streamable.com/cqlivs

He said obviously not. Can you fix those issues please? I want redirect clients of mine to your project since you "fixed" movement but it still has visible issues and it's far from OFF like.

Movement got nothing to do with L2OFF, globally speaking, and that particular issue is simply due to FloodProtector StopMove.

I just tested on AdvExt that behavior, and it's worst than aCis once related FP is set to 0.

https://streamable.com/0sm3u3 -> AdvExt PTS

Maybe got an actual clue of what is L2OFF, before saying it's far from L2OFF.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tryskell said:

I don't think I got some lessons to pick from someone who ninja other ppl work. Ofc you got things since 2014, you can thank some people for that :). From what I know, my scripts and my geodata was also used for a good time - and that time you didn't spend, I spent it for you, basically.

I could fork L2JMobius and get "spawn zones since 2014" aswell. Pick your Frintezza, for exemple. Put some fixes upon it, and tell your version was shitty and mine is better.

That's basically what you achieved, so far. I'm not that sort of people, but good for you if you are, and if people follow.

I would thank all those before you that saved you the time.

As much as you want to sell "your work", you will always be an L2jServer fork.

Even the things you add, are just add-ons for the current L2j code you work around.

Renaming and refactoring wont do anything, architecturally you still are L2j. Right down to your mmocore.

Again, it is 2021 and you have not finished C6 scripts...
Even if you have access to OFF files...

So how is your project the best l2j?

You obviously believe that, but atm, L2jFrozen is more complete than aCis.

47 minutes ago, Mobius said:

I would thank all those before you that saved you the time.

As much as you want to sell "your work", you will always be an L2jServer fork.

Even the things you add, are just add-ons for the current L2j code you work around.

Renaming and refactoring wont do anything, architecturally you still are L2j. Right down to your mmocore.

Again, it is 2021 and you have not finished C6 scripts...
Even if you have access to OFF files...

So how is your project the best l2j?

You obviously believe that, but atm, L2jFrozen is more complete than aCis.

If your point is than a pack is achieved because it got all scripts, I can simply spawn a Frintezza, call it Frintezza.java and you would be happy with that, I suppose. That's not my way of working - never was and never will be.

L2JFrozen actually thought like you - hotfixing stuff rather than making clean version of it.

We got a clear different point of view about this, so... Do your stuff, I continue to do mine - which will be far superior in the end (until you decide to copy-paste it, fixing one thing and claiming your version is better than mine).

To do what you do, you need people like me, to begin with. We can't all be damn bloodysuckers, hotfixing stuff and waiting for someone more competent/skilled to fix it for you.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Haha 1

Some of us do not have the luxury to chill while Frintezza does not work,
when Innova has a new client every 4 months.

So please do not spread inaccuracies for my project.

As far as your project goes, you may develop tetris till the end of time.
Peace...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

L2JServer, Mobius or aCis, pick your poison. With fully paid packs you run the risk of having backdoors and other shenanigans since most dont even give you sources.

Here is my user experience with the packs i mentioned.

- L2JServer

They only offer support for High Five(and Interlude to a lesser capacity). The team is smaller now and there arent many contributors like back in the day so development is slower. However despite all that its very well coded and maintained despite all the flaws which are mainly missing features.

- Mobius

Its the most complete in terms of features of the freely available packs out there and it offers a wide range of game versions(From C1 to Essense). Its good enough to open a server imo but dont expect the best support unless you contribute or buy access. 

- aCis

This is the one ive had the least experience with but looking at how its going and how @Tryskellinteracts with the community i can say its the best all around pack out there for Interlude even though its a pretty basic one(not a lot of configuration options).

If you know how to code whichever you pick of these you cant go wrong imo.

Conclusion and summary

The freemium packs like Mobius and aCis suffer a bit from gatekeeping, you will get a lot of shit in support if you are a free user and dont contribute. L2JServer has slow support but at least people are more willing to help you out when they do.

2 hours ago, ZaNteR said:

- aCis

This is the one ive had the least experience with but looking at how its going and how @Tryskellinteracts with the community i can say its the best all around pack out there for Interlude even though its a pretty basic one(not a lot of configuration options).

aCis' DNA is to provide a free-custom / vanilla experience - people adds their customs to make THEIR servers. So your remarks are perfectly understable, but that's actually accurate compared to my own vision - one vanilla experience, and a ecosystem of people trading/sharing their customs between them.

We got far lesser configurations than L2J server itself, by default. Admincommands were refactored to be cut by half (100 admincommands overall).

Saying the pack is "basic", well, can be misread - the pack is far to be basic - all main methods were refactored/enhanced, and methods/systems which I judged needed were added (PlayerMemo, for exemple).

If you mean it doesn't offer a lot of configurations, well... This is the intention since day 1.

Edited by Tryskell

The best pack of all time is acis with different. The frozen you mention is full of problems and I tell you that I have made such a pack. Maybe it is mediocre for someone who wants to make a pvp server. In no case, however, does it do anything more.

I will give my humble opinion about it.
In l2j issues "THERE IS NO STABLE DATAPACK * NOR ONE *
If someone sells you the story that yes (LIES).
I have been testing and disapproving datapacks for years and it is always the same of the same of the same a loop where the one that offers wraps you with promises that are never fulfilled and so how long? 10 years? and nothing at all.

My old advice is.
If you want something "STUDY" do it yourself otherwise you will be wasting your time you will be scammed a thousand times and you will never learn anything.

Greetings.

10 hours ago, osvaldotl2015 said:

I will give my humble opinion about it.
In l2j issues "THERE IS NO STABLE DATAPACK * NOR ONE *
If someone sells you the story that yes (LIES).
I have been testing and disapproving datapacks for years and it is always the same of the same of the same a loop where the one that offers wraps you with promises that are never fulfilled and so how long? 10 years? and nothing at all.

My old advice is.
If you want something "STUDY" do it yourself otherwise you will be wasting your time you will be scammed a thousand times and you will never learn anything.

Greetings.

I can't wait to see your solo coded L2J IL fork, based on L2J IL latest branch (not based on any dissapointing forks), reviewed by none except yourself, coded in less than 10y.

If you provide me evidences you can do equal result (datapack, formula, AI, scripts,...), without any copy-paste from another sources, I'm willing to deliver you my Paypal account.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MrTitanas said:

I will choose  Acis 4 real deal. It's out of topic a bit but L2Reborn using Acis isn't ?

L2Reborn used aCis in the beginning (Jan to March 2020) but switched to Lucera. The administrator (which is named p0w3rf1y on my forums, his name is on few changesets) helped for a good time, then simply cut the access to his project without telling me a word.

Lucera is a fork of the main L2 RU fork than any RU fork is using (Overlord, L2Scripts, etc). They only downgraded the chronicle. None of the core work is actually done by them, they simply inherit from main RU fork (DefaultAI, geoengine, etc).

1 hour ago, Tryskell said:

L2Reborn used aCis in the beginning (Jan to March 2020) but switched to Lucera. The administrator (which is named p0w3rf1y on my forums, his name is on few changesets) helped for a good time, then simply cut the access to his project without telling me a word.

Lucera is a fork of the main L2 RU fork than any RU fork is using (Overlord, L2Scripts, etc). They only downgraded the chronicle. None of the core work is actually done by them, they simply inherit from main RU fork (DefaultAI, geoengine, etc).

Lucera what a shame, maybe next he will switch to frozen  😄  coz people been playing intense in first but now you can see yourself all stuff 4 sell @ mxc, I been there just for look it was pretty empty  in nowdays :)  Anyway you doing well, you should charge more coz in there's days people respect just $$$ not much love left.... 😞 

Edited by MrTitanas