aCis vs Lucera

14 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

I know that Deazer hates me and I don't like the guy either but objectively Lucera is better coded and uses better tech. The bar is low for both projects but if Lucera is a 10 then aCis is a 6, purely based on tech and code.

That doesn't make it a better project, but the java side is more on par which what you would see but someone who writes Java for a living rather than someone who is self taught.

That being said, aCis is a better overall project. A project isn't just the code. It's the leadership, the direction, the monetization model and so much more.

So yeah if you're only interesting in the "Java" aspect then Lucera is better but if you want a good project aCis is a no brainer. Deazer treats his customers like dogshit based on the PMs that I've seen. Also Lucera is closed source so if even if the Java side is better, you are limited by the plugin engine.

So in conclusion, having a server based on Lucera is just dumb. You are limited to use his formulas (even tho some of them are terrible) and you can't change much.

More like, if you want a ready to go server, take Lucera. Otherwise, aCis, yet you will have to implement all what you need and fix potential issues.

People are using Lucera since ages and say it's good enough, no major bugs and have shitload of customs.

Everything depends what you really want. A project to worn on or you want to open a ready to use server.

--------

Btw, hello fellas. Long time no see*.

* - not coming back, no time for mxc bullshits, just saying hello 😄

Edited by SweeTs

2 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

Yeah don't bother, just use aCis.

I'm already using aCis. I just wanted to know your opinions.

1 hour ago, SweeTs said:

More like, if you want a ready to go server, take Lucera. Otherwise, aCis, yet you will have to implement all what you need and fix potential issues.

People are using Lucera since ages and say it's good enough, no major bugs and have shitload of customs.

Everything depends what you really want. A project to worn on or you want to open a ready to use server.

--------

Btw, hello fellas. Long time no see*.

* - not coming back, no time for mxc bullshits, just saying hello 😄

Thanks for your opinion. It really matters that you said that.

Edited by TehBot12

I am sure that ACIS and Lucera have their positives. Some things I did not like with these packs:

1. Trying to swim up from a necropolis or catacomb...trying to get out is ridiculous...

2. Bosses cast hold skill on player and player can not hit boss but boss + minions hit player

3. No separation of player shops so players can not walk between

4. Mob/Raid Boss behavior i did not like

Maybe these have been fixed now. I dont know. But these are problems that impact players.

I know Athena Project is another option but the servers I have played on with this pack i did not like.

Years ago,  L2OFF packs were by far better than L2J packs. But today, L2J packs with updated files are just as good or better.

I have had L2jORION files for 4 years and  I am very happy. Prices are reasonable, support is excellent, and necessary updates have been added.

I NEVER hear a complaint from players about geo data or server performance.

This is just an opinion of an admin/player of these other packs and as a satisfied client of L2jORION. Good Luck.

Edited by L2RAPTOR
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2021 at 12:57 AM, L2RAPTOR said:

I am sure that ACIS and Lucera have their positives. Some things I did not like with these packs:

1. Trying to swim up from a necropolis or catacomb...trying to get out is ridiculous...

2. Bosses cast hold skill on player and player can not hit boss but boss + minions hit player

3. No separation of player shops so players can not walk between

4. Mob/Raid Boss behavior i did not like

Maybe these have been fixed now. I dont know. But these are problems that impact players.

I know Athena Project is another option but the servers I have played on with this pack i did not like.

Years ago,  L2OFF packs were by far better than L2J packs. But today, L2J packs with updated files are just as good or better.

I have had L2jORION files for 4 years and  I am very happy. Prices are reasonable, support is excellent, and necessary updates have been added.

I NEVER hear a complaint from players about geo data or server performance.

This is just an opinion of an admin/player of these other packs and as a satisfied client of L2jORION. Good Luck.

The thing with L2OFF is that, it is extremely hard to make customs.
Everything has it's pros and cons. Although the question is about Java emulators.
I'm going to stick with my original opinion and say aCis once more.
I would like more members of the community, fellow users of aCis or Lucera to respond.
I'm saying it again. This is not a topic to help me decide which emulator is best for me.
This topic was created to determine what the community thinks!

/discuss

• 2 weeks later...

I never worked with any other pack than aCis for the past 5 years, however the last week I've been working on a lucera 3 server and here are my two cents:

The pack itself is stable (I mean there's no gamebreaking bugs or missing things). Through their plugin system you can pretty much code anything you wish because you can access and interfere with anything from the source. There are limitations if for example you want to modify an existing system (say seven signs) beyond the configuration capabilities, you're going to have to write your own custom system from scratch.

When you begin working on lucera after l2j, you will get very mad at the beginning since about 70% of the project structure is changed, but if you know where to look and what to look for, you won't run into trouble.

Each system has countless configurations available, even if they are not used by retail in order to help the developer build what they want without having to code at all. From what I can tell, I think the developer of lucera knew what he was doing (I believe the development of the project is abandoned, only bugfixes).

After taking a look at the source through a decompiler, the project structure looks pretty ugly and it feels there are things here and there which makes it hard to look for something specific (russians).

Conclusion: I would go with aCis rather than lucera 3, but that's a personal opinion (I like to create the stuff I use when possible). That doesn't mean lucera 3 shouldn't be an option for admins with less experience/budget (it would cost more than 120 to hire developers for aCis).

Edited by An4rchy

The conclusion is... any updated L2j pack(like L2jorion) is as good as any L2OFF pack.

Many years ago L2Off was better. But not today.

L2j is easier to develop and customize,

From a players point of view, there is no obvious difference in pack.

From an Admin's point of view, L2j is cheaper and easier to customize to admin's preference.

The debate is not ACIS vs LUCERA..

The debate is L2OFF vs L2j.. and as time has gone on,  L2J files have progressed and been updated to a point that L2OFF files are no better than L2J files.

Edited by L2RAPTOR

8 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

L2jOrion is trash

Everyone has their own opinion. i like it. Your opinion is from a developer not a player or Admin.

I would love to hear you explain why L2jorion pack is trash...

Edited by L2RAPTOR

1 minute ago, Elfocrash said:

My opinion is from a developer, so if you only care about a player or admin perspective, then explaining it would make no difference. Ignorance is bliss

Exactly. So only Admins that manage the server and players that play the server matter. So stfu?

5 minutes ago, L2RAPTOR said:

Exactly. So only Admins that manage the server and players that play the server matter. So stfu?

You got a semi-broken car. You're about to travel 90 Km distance with 4 passengers in high-speed road. Your engineer telling you that your car got leaks and won't make it after driving for so long.

Your passengers convince you you that the car is fine now so it's perfect, let's move on.

If you failed to catch the point, as long as you're dealing with software and programming, a developer's opinion always is on top. 

Edited by Kara