Received this message from INNOVA - Real or Fake?

Don't host in russia and don't live in russia then there's not a whole lot they can do, hell in 2007 one of my projects got DMCA takedown notice from ncsoft but my german host just forwarded the email to me and did nothing as DMCA covers USA not EU, given they're quoting a bunch of russian civil codes I expect most non-russian hosts aren't gonna pay it much notice.

I guess they only bark and try to scare you. They won't do more than that. Else you're RU, so maybe, I said maybe..

Our server is definitely not RU, no. Regardless it would not be wise to start a war for no reason. I'll make an official thread once we finish up and post any comments further. This is the first time I actually feel a part of this community lol. Weird :)

Edited by AdenaBrinks
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 12:46 AM, AdenaBrinks said:

Our server is definitely not RU, no. Regardless it would not be wise to start a war for no reason. I'll make an official thread once we finish up and post any comments further. This is the first time I actually feel a part of this community lol. Weird :)

The only, thing that they can do, is to close your facebook/vk page
That's happened to me many times.

innova "s*ck my nuts"

The thing is they are not police and can't rly do much, except report to fb / your host or something. That's what Sky means.

43 minutes ago, AdenaBrinks said:

Wait so you didn't modify any of your content on the website? Can you show me the message they sent you many times?

I receive the warning in facebook not email. No idea where to found it.

There is a lot of things that should be done if you want to be safe.

The message that i receive is the same like yours. (2-3 times and they close my fb page and vk page)

Also i receive message from the producer https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonlieberman1/ that bastard judji

You should use domain privacy to not use lineage 2 words and logos. Running software under GPLv3 licence is important too.

ps. you should speak with @MrPro* i think he know something :)

Edited by SkyLord

45 minutes ago, AdenaBrinks said:

For now we will clean all licensed content from the web page. I will update further once we are complete in regards to this milestone.

U have no copyright at web 

2 hours ago, AdenaBrinks said:

For now we will clean all licensed content from the web page. I will update further once we are complete in regards to this milestone.

Good luck.

21 hours ago, SkyLord said:

I receive the warning in facebook not email. No idea where to found it.

There is a lot of things that should be done if you want to be safe.

The message that i receive is the same like yours. (2-3 times and they close my fb page and vk page)

Also i receive message from the producer https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonlieberman1/ that bastard judji

You should use domain privacy to not use lineage 2 words and logos. Running software under GPLv3 licence is important too.

ps. you should speak with @MrPro* i think he know something :)

hehehe :D 

I guess when Innova saw how many more players than them you got and how better service you provide they thought of you as a threat to their scummy ways. I hope everything turns out well in the end.

But seriously they have 0 rights to Gracia Final or Epilogue, only NCsoft Korea and maybe NA can come after you for that which i doubt they care to.

If push comes to shove you could ip block the Russian federation lol.

Edited by Porthos