new community board toplist style

Like really ? 

image.thumb.png.18fa83e88509efcf689fbaef7b69f7af.png

tab highlighting is a thing of textures, not wasting my time texturing

scrollbars can't address 10000 players because HTML has limited size therefor making it impossible to use the scrollbar. pages? oh common

class icons are configurable, really u noticed this?

clan crest is a pain in the ass to be correctly placed on the html

who cares for the toplist guy's ally ?

title 400px, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW is a valid tittle too

there is zero db usage, its all in memory, but htmls are not cached because they are dynamic, they are built with the cached data

12 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

This is how you do ingame toplists list a boss.

PS: When you post something and ask for feedback, be able to take it. If you wanna ask like a child and reject everything then don't post it in the first place.

yeah I really need font of size 10 to make the retards understand their rankings, are you serious?

these two toplists are completely different, mine maximizes competitiveness, whereas the other sacrifices all the practicality and features. 

You compare apples to oranges, and you are wasting my time with your shit again 

PS: at least bomb me with actual negetive feedback, not bullshit, I've countered all of them

Edited by xdem

Just now, Elfocrash said:

There is absolutely no negative feedback. There is only constructive one. I'm not a 10 year-old that's looking for a fight. I'm giving you my honest feedback. If you don't wanna take it it's your choice.

okay, you got my answers. is it over yet?

btw, tell me more on how chrome, mozzila look awkward and shit with the tabs inside the title-bar :D

and how a professional tool like Excel used by hundreds of thousands of companies that make lots of money, needs more eye-candies 

as I said on the main post, the community board is streamed while the user is looking at it, and stops when its closed, this means you have a real time view of all PvPs/Etc listed on the toplists.

for the sake of this example, PvPs increase by 100 each time. 

The design is simple to make the above functionality viable with minimal latency

Now imagine a server with 100 people PvPing for the first ranks, isn't this toplist doing its job? Myself, I can't wait to see it on the live server

Edited by xdem

so its terribly looking, 70clics to scroll, but it at least updates itself saving you from 1 manual click LUL

edit: what about use cases of that, who would actually stare on self updated rank list which takes 70% of screen? i would say majority gives it a quick glance after pvp and close right after, doubt anyone would even notice something changed midway :D

Edited by AlmostGood
  • Haha 2

u all miss the point of this toplist, simply because you are not players, you cant think like a player and you dont have their mentality, thats why most of you that trashtalk here never managed to have a good server the last 10 years(?) elfocrash? admins think that making eye sugar and fancy htmls attract players, but in reality all what players want is something that is practical by all means. my toplist is and promotes competitiveness.

this is the old toplist we used to have 2011-2018 and is essentially a copy of l2pride toplist, l2pride can't be denied and their cb was genius, the one i posted is a GREAT improvement over its predecessor.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/325405546930765825/482664322921791494/rsiGeaW.png

17 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

You're such a fangirl. Just because something was good back in the day doesn't mean it's still good. But you are still using SAP so there is not much to expect from you anyway.

Fun fact. I am the developer of 2 of the biggest interlude servers right now and I have been for the past 2 years. Guess what? In both servers we have really fancy UI and really good UX. You know why? Because people love it.

PS: When everybody is telling you the same thing then it's most likely that you're the wrong one not the rest of the world.

im getting feedback on the looks, while I dont give a fuck about it. the point here is to showcase the zero latency live updating scoreboard that is collecting data real time. I want to share this as a more complete system and Im getting criticized on the looks, the topic is about a toplist and the code behind it

ps: not very professional of you to trash talk on SAP, analysts work on whatever the client outsources to them, its not our job to force them to switch from SAP to oracle and vice versa

btw in Greece SAP is the most common. banking/insurance/reinsurance/shipping/warehousing ERP and there's a HUGE demand for professionals.  at least i work in my country even if I don't like SAP

200 players at the same time performing your actions will make your server inaccessible.

Make Top 20 with better design and notification of own position like "Your position is xxx." or "Not ranked.". This is will enough.

And don't forget make all statistic cachable.

Edited by Rootware

As i player i will say :
1) do i really have to "click" all the time just to move down/up? cause there is no way as i player i will waste my time by clicking 
2) after top 5 i have no idea who and how many pvps/pks they have , since my eyes are kinda fucked up without any lines to help me with 
3) and what top PVE is ? the guys with the most killed mobs ?