Jump to content

Code sharing related rules needed


Elfo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'll go straight to the point.

 

It's very clear that the sharing boards are not a welcoming place. People are scared to share because they are afraid that they will be judged too harshly.

People like xdem, me and many others sometimes, just shred these people into pieces over 100 lines of code. It's not cool and it's not fun.

If that was the case back in the day when I was starting, i would have been probably bullied out of a career that I really enjoy.

 

Comments like this are unnecessary, toxic and they help no one: https://maxcheaters.com/topic/223139-mini-trivia-engine/?do=findComment&comment=2684798

Comments like this breed discussions that make people learn how to do things better: https://maxcheaters.com/topic/223520-polymorph-monsters-after-death-spawn-new/?do=findComment&comment=2688607

 

I think that comments along the lines of "This is trash, go fuck yourself", "WOW this is terrible", "You don't even know how to write code" should NOT be allowed at all, and people should be penalised for saying them.

 

If you think that something is wrong with the shared code then, IN A POLITE MANNER, you should write in detail what should change, why it should change and how it should be or even provide a solution.

 

(Also things like what Kara does where he pops out of the blue to say something stupid and ignite an offtopic discussion should also not be allowed but that's a different story)

 

What we really need is a Code of Conduct like the one stack overflow has to point users on how to help others.

 

Let's fix this mess, shall we? People should not be afraid to share.

Edited by .Elfocrash
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started share when i was learning and i was learning alone...just in my source..shares helped me a lot..understaning and fixing shared codes was my first step...much ppl learned from shared codes...and i will agree with that and i will take care to this section....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You just open my mind and took the words..  I had a conversation with Designatix about this.. Yes, people are afraid to share, because as always we will jundge the guy who share something..

Criticism it's something else, as you try to do sometimes. With criticism you can learn something, but when they come in your share and judge you like "delete this shit code you idiot", and etc, Isn't cool..

 

I started this thing with java before years because I liked the game. I never said I'm a develoepr because I'm not.. I already I said that many times.. I am self-taught, I learned 2-3 things in java and that's all.. If I made a code, will be with my style/skills. Are low but it's just a hobby for this game and I want to help as more as I can...

 

Maybe there should be a new rule for Server Shares & Files section like < You can reply with a criticism/opinion and help the guy who share the code if you want the code to be better, but you're not allowed to judge a share with posts like "This is trash", "WOW this is terrible", "You don't even know how to write code" etc. If you think that something is wrong with the shared code then, IN A POLITE MANNER, you should write in detail what should change, why it should change and how it should be or even provide a solution.

Otherwise, this considered flame and you will be punished. >


Also, Kara' shouldn't be allowed in this forum, but someone unban him.. He always flame a thread without to help someone or something. Members like Kara' they turned the section dead for new shares.

 

Peace..

Edited by 'Baggos'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 'Baggos' said:

You just open my mind and took the words..  I had a conversation with Designatix about this.. Yes, people are afraid to share, because as always we will jundge the guy who share something..

Criticism it's something else, as you try to do sometimes. With criticism you can learn something, but when they come in your share and judge you like "delete this shit code you idiot", and etc, Isn't cool..

 

I started this thing with java before years because I liked the game. I never said I'm a develoepr because I'm not.. I already I said that many times.. I am self-taught, I learned 2-3 things in java and that's all.. If I made a code, will be with my style/skills. Are low but it's just a hobby for this game and I want to help as more as I can...

 

Maybe there should be a new rule for Server Shares & Files section like < You can reply with a criticism/opinion and help the guy who share the code if you want the code to be better, but you're not allowed to judge a share with posts like "This is trash", "WOW this is terrible", "You don't even know how to write code" etc. This considered flame and you will be punished. >


Also, Kara' shouldn't be allowed in this forum, but someone unban him.. He always flame a thread without to help someone or something. Members like Kara' they turned the section dead for new shares.

 

Peace..

 

Next time you mention my name or offend me you're reported. I haven't flame anyone or wrote bad comment to anyone. Last warning from me to you if you mention my name again in some topic ill open report just for you. 

 

Also if the fact that i said reborn12 why he shared 2 lines of code bothered you, you did the same to me.

 

Scroll though my history and find me a "spam/flame" i did  https://maxcheaters.com/profile/211871-kara/?do=content&amp;type=forums_topic_post&amp;change_section=1

 

You cant simply because i haven't offend or talk bad to anyone cause i mind my own buisness. Except when i said to reborn12 why he did share just a 2 line of code since the rule itself says no 2 line of codes. If that bothered you cause i told this to ur best friend then its ur problem. 

 

You have no right to mention my name everytime and tell im a spammer / flammer I receive on my skype everyday pm's say that baggos flame you for no reason and ignore him. But when u use my name this is offensive for me. Next time ill just report you simply. I wont sit and fight i dont want to go back in 2015 that i spammed and trashtalk. 

 

The only spammers here is xxdem, elfo and you who came in my topic and opened 4 pages (but afcourse you deleted your post cause you're moderator and you have the right. Thats not fair cause i cannot delete mine). Still i didnt report any of you or bothered by cause im fine with all people. Live in history if you want i dont care but  thats the last time u offend me or tell me get a life or live in ur imaginary world. For each next time you're reported. 

Edited by Kara`
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spammer? I said your database is a mess and that your codes are dangerous and you didn't even cared to correct yourself.

 

@.Elfocrash so it will be better sharing trashcode that unaware victims add to their servers and get destroyed? this is why the community is broken in the first place, not because a guy pointed out why the code is shit with one way or another

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, xxdem said:

 

@.Elfocrash so it will be better sharing trashcode that unaware victims add to their servers and get destroyed? this is why the community is broken in the first place, not because a guy pointed out why the code is shit with one way or another

I never said, don't share trash code. I said, only reply with constructive feedback on what's wrong and how to fix it.

At the end of the day, it's not you that's gonna add this code in your pack, and also, if their server goes to shit, it is not my business nor it is yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, .Elfocrash said:

I never said, don't share trash code. I said, only reply with constructive feedback on what's wrong and how to fix it.

At the end of the day, it's not you that's gonna add this code in your pack, and also, if their server goes to shit, it is not my business nor it is yours.

 

this is how it works, there is no community that will take trashcode lightly (if it has serious devs inside), try to post a shitcode on stackoverflow politely as a beginner, even famous guys will bash the shit out of you if you manage to get their attention. Why would this change is mxc? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, xxdem said:

spammer? I said your database is a mess and that your codes are dangerous and you didn't even cared to correct yourself.

 

@.Elfocrash so it will be better sharing trashcode that unaware victims add to their servers and get destroyed? this is why the community is broken in the first place, not because a guy pointed out why the code is shit with one way or another

 

Your comment didn't bother me but in terms of "baggos" anyone who does not say a positive comment its a spammer. So basically you, baggos, elfo are all spammers. 

 

Also please stop saying i do trashcode. Its' different when you share something and u tell "do it on ur own". Here's some of my SQL i use in my project:

 

BEGIN
	DECLARE cid, stoid INT;

	SET cid = (SELECT coupleId FROM story WHERE coupleId = v_coupleId LIMIT 1);
	SET stoid = (SELECT storyId FROM story WHERE storyId = v_storyId AND coupleId = v_coupleId LIMIT 1);

	IF cid = v_coupleId AND stoid = v_storyId THEN
		UPDATE story SET state = v_stage WHERE coupleId = v_coupleId AND storyId = v_storyId;

	ELSEIF cid = v_coupleId AND stoid != v_storyId THEN
		INSERT INTO story(coupleId,storyId,state)
		VALUES(v_coupleId, v_storyId,v_stage);
	ELSE
		INSERT INTO story(coupleId,storyId,state)
		VALUES(v_coupleId, v_storyId,v_stage);
	END IF;
END

 

True ime lazy when i do a share and i shouldn't share it at all. But please stop saying i do trashcode. If you dont believe me pm me or add me on skype to send you few of my codes...

Edited by Kara`
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, xxdem said:

 

this is how it works, there is no community that will take trashcode lightly (if it has serious devs inside), try to post a shitcode on stackoverflow politely as a beginner, even famous guys will bash the shit out of you if you manage to get their attention. Why would this change is mxc? 

StackOverflow fixed this same problem with it's code of conduct update and it was recognised as a problem for many years. Try to post like this now and you (the serious dev that's not polite) will be perma banned in a matter of minutes.

 

They changed their "Be nice" policy which they had since 2013 to an even more stict policy to make people be polite and constructive. https://meta.stackexchange.com/conduct

 

"Famous" stackoverflow guys will not bash you, but be constructive. I've never seen Jon Skeet bashing. People that have been bashed, and then learned how to develop, are the ones that will bash in return because they were bullied for "not being good" (like you have been in the past).

 

So yes, you are talking pure shit, and I feel bad for you because you think that way.

Edited by .Elfocrash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, .Elfocrash said:

StackOverflow fixed this same problem with it's code of conduct update and it was recognised as a problem for many years. Try to post like this now and you (the serious dev that's not polite) will be perma banned in a matter of minutes.

 

"Famous" stackoverflow guys will not bash you, but be constructive. People that have been bashed, and then learned how to develop, are the ones that will bash in return because they were bullied for "not being good".

 

Are you sure they won't? Then go greedy and don't pretend the polite beginner guy, but the godlike arrogant developer that makes a shitload of money with his legendary developing skills that "happened" to know shit about SQL or some basic principles and is asking a completely irrelevant question, guess what would happen (because this is the case on mxc, not the "polite begginer trying to learn"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xxdem said:

 

Are you sure they won't? Then go greedy and don't pretend the polite beginner guy, but the godlike arrogant developer that makes a shitload of money with his legendary developing skills that "happened" to know shit about SQL or some basic principles and is asking a completely irrelevant question, guess what would happen (because this is the case on mxc, not the "polite begginer trying to learn"

Yeah I'm very sure they won't if the question is well constructed. They don't have problem with stupid questions. They have problem with badly formed/expressed questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

by the way, after bashing AccessDenied, I've created a proper share with unique content and very good code that I use personally on my server, I didn't bash the shit out of him and then left with nothing

 

I even left the caching of the EnchantScrolls which I am sure none noticed, its my idea to cache the stats of the scroll on the Map by their ID rather than storing on a private variable, that makes the scroll change it's rates/fails without requiring a restart for the player after the admin updated and hit the //reload

Edited by xxdem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xxdem said:

by the way, after bashing AccessDenied, I've created a proper share with unique content and very good code that I use personally on my server, I didn't bash the shit out of him and then left with nothing

You didn't help him to improve his own code though. You just bashed him and moved on to do something for yourself. Good for you but we, quite frankly, don't give a fuck. We care about the thumbprint you left in the forum, and what you self it just trashtalking.

 

Help. Either with polite suggestions, code snippets or even the fixed code itself, while explaining why you did what. You don't wanna do that? They move on with your day and don't reply at all. It's simple as that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, .Elfocrash said:

You didn't help him to improve his own code though. You just bashed him and moved on to do something for yourself. Good for you but we, quite frankly, don't give a fuck. We care about the thumbprint you left in the forum, and what you self it just trashtalking.

 

Help. Either with polite suggestions, code snippets or even the fixed code itself, while explaining why you did what. You don't wanna do that? They move on with your day and don't reply at all. It's simple as that.

 

Right now you are talking outside of your own self, realistically you can't even imagine yourself trying to make these trols learn something (some guys are exceptions, but the whole image of the forum consumes them)

 

my 2 cents, good luck making the forum better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

AdBlock Extension Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our members.

Please disable AdBlock browser extension first, to be able to use our community.

I've Disabled AdBlock