Why are European Lineage 2 servers so poorly developed?

people just aint gonna put the time into making a good server which the players gonna drop after a month when the next shiny plug and play server launches

the player base left in l2, especially EU, is garbage - so you get garbage servers

• Upvote 2

I am not sure but i think most of russian java IL projects are using lucera. This pack isn't great but it is surely better than any eu pack. I am working on it since 1 year to make it be fine for low rates

16 hours ago, Anarchy said:

the player base left in l2, especially EU, is garbage - so you get garbage servers

whoever is aiming only in eu community is doomed to fail - for several reasons

15 hours ago, AlmostGood said:

pretty much time wasted, classic will replace current int position, sooner than later

classic will not replace anything, classic just proves that people want good old days in a bit fresher state, sadly classic is going towards the path that led l2 newer chronicles to f2p and massive loss of population - if my guess is right, classic is doomed to share the same fate

Classic will not replace anything, it's a bastardized version of Lineage2 and Lineage3(GoD+), leaning more towards the latter. Really badly designed class balance, with a more modern UI that doesn't even suit a classic client. They didn't bother to fix any issues of the past, just a downgrade of the current branch. It's not a coincidence that both versions share the same client files basically. Retail lineage feels like an l2j custom donate-heavy server since the big update in 2011. Not worth anyone's time, as most privates too. What is needed is people with knowledge and skills along with ideals and values to step up and deliver something fresh without thinking about it like a business. The problem is the free to play model doesn't work, you can see it on retail and on privates. Because it forces you to accept either direct donations for items or introduce a cash shop. Both of these mean gg for the server economy and pvp equilibrium. The only way is to go for a subscription model, but noone is willing to pay nowadays not even for official, let alone for a lolprivate. L2 is just dieing a (not so) slow death, the global online numbers can speak for themselves.

"more modern that doesn't suit" oke, not worth to even read further

also linking NCwest stats which is p2w graveyard since beginning of f2p, truly clueless.

Get over it, none int will bring many ppl for longer than few weeks, this chronicle is just pure garbage played over by same 50IQ greeks.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:29 PM, AlmostGood said:

"more modern that doesn't suit" oke, not worth to even read further

also linking NCwest stats which is p2w graveyard since beginning of f2p, truly clueless.

Get over it, none int will bring many ppl for longer than few weeks, this chronicle is just pure garbage played over by same 50IQ greeks.

The link had Korean Classic servers too in case you didn't notice.

Also, when people asked for classic, they wanted the old game, the old look, the old gameplay, not a watered-down version of GoD+, not +12 dyes, post chaotic chronicle skills and mechanics, and a 0.7x LOLPRELUDE exp rate WHICH NEVER EXISTED. Prelude had the same hardcoded npc exp rates as beta and c1, the only thing that made the xp a bit less was the mechanic that LOWERED YOUR EXP FOR EACH LEVEL YOU HAVE ABOVE THE MOB YOU JUST KILLED.

Not that interlude or any other chronicle is balanced. Far from it, I just said that it can be tweaked and made right with few adjustments. People have been talking about those fixes on boards.lineage2.com and l2guru.com since the game went live and at each chronicle update. Admins are just too dense to understand and have zero vision to implement something like that. Players don't deserve it either, all they know is server hoping, rushing, and asking for (lol)retail experience, about which they don't even have a clue.

On 6/24/2018 at 6:56 PM, Anarchy said:

people just aint gonna put the time into making a good server which the players gonna drop after a month when the next shiny plug and play server launches

Basically this^

It's a vicious circle:

1) People are attracted to popular servers more than they're attracted to the interesting ones

2) Crap servers like Tales, Averia, Mid etc. pay clans to play their servers

3) Interesting projects like e.g. playinera aren't spineless enough to create this "fake online"

4) Since these crappy servers have a lot of "fake" people, they attract a lot of "normal" players as well

5) Because too many "normal" players play at these crappy projects, there aren't enough of those to try the interesting projects.

6) Since these interesting projects don't have enough players, they have troubles staying online in a longterm and thus don't have enough time for developement either.

7) Crap servers still for some reason generate some revenue so there really isn't any window at which a "new season" of trash like mid, tales or averia isn't opened.

Edited by LK255

1. Tales doesn't pay clans

2. If Tales, Avaria, Mid etc were crappy, people would have moved already to the other projects. In fact, other projects are crappy. I am not talking about playinera here, which is/was popular server.

40 minutes ago, LK255 said:

Basically this^

It's a vicious circle:

2) Crap servers like Mouse, Averia, Mid etc. pay clans to play their servers

fixed

On 7/2/2018 at 2:06 PM, sepultribe said:

have you ever thought of asking that question in front of a mirror? and please stop believing in god, it's 2018 for fuck's sake, you're only embarrassing yourself.

its 2018,we cant even create blood ... OMEGALUL

Go in front of a mirror and repeat: "I m an idiot sandwich"

On 7/2/2018 at 2:53 PM, LK255 said:

Basically this^

It's a vicious circle:

1) People are attracted to popular servers more than they're attracted to the interesting ones

2) Crap servers like Tales, Averia, Mid etc. pay clans to play their servers

3) Interesting projects like e.g. playinera aren't spineless enough to create this "fake online"

4) Since these crappy servers have a lot of "fake" people, they attract a lot of "normal" players as well

5) Because too many "normal" players play at these crappy projects, there aren't enough of those to try the interesting projects.

6) Since these interesting projects don't have enough players, they have troubles staying online in a longterm and thus don't have enough time for developement either.

7) Crap servers still for some reason generate some revenue so there really isn't any window at which a "new season" of trash like mid, tales or averia isn't opened.

Dont see any isue with paying clans its basicaly a diffrent way of advertisment.

Paying clans:

-Will 99% bring a side to the server and probobly one extra to have as an oponent.

-Spred the word between cpl`s/cl`s which is similar to ads on forums/sites.

-Actyve forum.

-Decent donation from clans/cps

Paying for regular ads:

-Solo/Smallgroups.

-Mby a side (best case scenario).

-Average forum activity.

-None or low donations.

4 hours ago, bravetobe said:

its 2018,we cant even create blood ... OMEGALUL

Go in front of a mirror and repeat: "I m an idiot sandwich"

I'm sorry I can't help you, the faster you go meet your maker the better it is for all of us.