L2Dot Net Interlude Project

Back from holiday.

I am seriously thinking of changing the framework of the project to .NET Core.

The only dependencies i need to change is the log4net (which .NET Core has one of it's own) and the MySQL Connector (which also has an alternative)

Here is the graph: https://icanhasdot.net/result?github=Elfocrash~2FL2dotNET

What will happen if i change it to .NET Core? Well we will have full cross platform support out of the box as .NET Core wraps the whole framework up.

Stay tuned for more updates.

"Cmon Elfo, you gonna abandon this in 1 week"

Well no and there is a reason for this. The reason why i abandoned the other project is because

firstly, it was java and my career is c# based and secondly that I did not work on Interlude.

I did wanna work on IL. With this one i am still doing interlude and i am coding in the framework i enjoy.

If i abandon this then it means i hate what i am doing (which i am not).

I just have to chime in on this and lol! I sure hope you got A LOT better than that first c# program you made, I sure wish I still had a screenshot of its

cartoonish, childish user interface, it was purely lol! I find it funny that 2 years ago you could barely design and code a decent c# prog, yet today "my career is c# based".

Hope you took some classes. I do believe, however, the people saying you will abandon this project are correct. You will get bored with it and move on to your next fail project.

best of luck to you though!

Your good friend,

Phear3d

:-*

Edited by MlDNlGHT

Update time.

Been pretty busy over the last couple of weeks and i still will kinda be till this Friday. However i now have more time and i started working on the project again.

I reworked the way you create a admin command. You can now use attributes to set the command's name. It looks like this:

1TBdzrW.png

Voiced commands will follow the same structure and they are the next thing to be added, mainly for testing purposes.

On a site note, starring and forking my project is always appreciated so if you would drop a star I would be grateful.

Link: https://github.com/Elfocrash/L2dotNET

Thanks

Edited by .Elfocrash

• 1 month later...

Well first of all you will need Visual Studio 2015 Community version at least to compile.

You must configure for both L2dotNET.GameService and L2dotNET.LoginService projects run (or execute the .exe from bin folder).

You gonna need a MySQL Database installed too. The config for DB conneciton are in the app.config file

For better support and fast anwers join gitter at https://gitter.im/Elfocrash/L2dotNET

• 4 weeks later...

"Cmon Elfo, you gonna abandon this in 1 week"

You do understand that there is nothing left in the game or the forum right?

Btw last commit 14 days ago even thought it is not a content one. It did last for 6 months thought and it was great exercise to my C# skills.

But yeah sorry that i stepped into a product developer role that consumes the most of my time in exchange for the opportunity to work on .NET Core and Angular 2 frameworks (and obviously money).

So yeah technically speaking the project is dead because for the next 18 months i am developing a new product with a team for a company.

On the other hand do you wanna show us what you've been up to? Some cool code maybe?

I have a suggestion of a way you can create admin commands.

In special folder i have got xml files with commands like this: http://pastebin.com/BK8bburD

Part of Java file:

@Override
public AdminCommandResponse onAdminCommandUse(Player activeChar, String command, Arguments arguments)
{
	switch(command)
	{
		case "item_logs":
			CCPItemLogs.showPage(activeChar, arguments.getPlayer("Target"), 0);
			return AdminCommandResponse.SUCCESS;

In connection with admin jar which can be reloaded, it saved my life 1000 times, honestly :)

I have a suggestion of a way you can create admin commands.

In special folder i have got xml files with commands like this: http://pastebin.com/BK8bburD

Part of Java file:

@Override
public AdminCommandResponse onAdminCommandUse(Player activeChar, String command, Arguments arguments)
{
	switch(command)
	{
		case "item_logs":
			CCPItemLogs.showPage(activeChar, arguments.getPlayer("Target"), 0);
			return AdminCommandResponse.SUCCESS;

In connection with admin jar which can be reloaded, it saved my life 1000 times, honestly :)

Xmls are limited compared to a plugin system which allows for independent development of features wrapped around their own unit tests (which is what i currently have).

Xmls are limited compared to a plugin system which allows for independent development of features wrapped around their own unit tests (which is what i currently have).

Sure, though development time is different too :P

You do understand that there is nothing left in the game or the forum right?

Btw last commit 14 days ago even thought it is not a content one. It did last for 6 months thought and it was great exercise to my C# skills.

But yeah sorry that i stepped into a product developer role that consumes the most of my time in exchange for the opportunity to work on .NET Core and Angular 2 frameworks (and obviously money).

So yeah technically speaking the project is dead because for the next 18 months i am developing a new product with a team for a company.

On the other hand do you wanna show us what you've been up to? Some cool code maybe?

You proved us all wrong you didn't abandon this in 1 week and you made something that finally works... oh wait.. did your testers actually report anything or... oh wait you have no friends here except the cancer (xdem)

You proved us all wrong you didn't abandon this in 1 week and you made something that finally works... oh wait.. did your testers actually report anything or... oh wait you have no friends here except the cancer (xdem)

"That works". I'm pretty sure it works. Is it even 5% of the whole progression? Nop. But it works :)

On the other hand it is not like the joke code you wrong for hellas :D