L2J-Mobius (Interlude - HighFive - Goddess of Destruction)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2rpblsn.jpg

Implementation of XML LoS walls.

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/l2jmobius/subversion/commits/1251

I made these to help with the lack of geodata on some areas.

Don't know how they would work on a big scale, but as a small scale utility its nice to have.

-Geodata can be totaly disabled, they are not needed in order to work, that was the basic idea. :P

-Included data\walls\giran_arena.xml as example.

Additional stuff to make management easier:

-Config in General.ini to disable them.
-Updated reload command (//reload wall) to reload changes on live servers.

-New command //showwalls to view them in game.

Edited by Mobius

At least he do things and share for free (good or not), the only clowns in here are u and ur l2jpitty

You have no idea what he just did.

Anyway we share stuffs for free too. Just for right peoples. And if you talking about public share, our team members did for official l2j more than everyone else. and Mobius is based on our team member's work.

Edited by St3eT

Well, to get back on St3eT first statement, why not simply fix geodata if there are any flaws (or even geoengine, if inaccurate on such specific walls) ? I don't really get "it" (the idea of a 'secondary' geoengine/geodata) aswell. Even if it's optional.

It's similar to fix a hole in a auto tire with some balls of paper.

Just my 50 cents.

Well he simply found a way to fix his lack of geodata cause they don't have any, nor they have someone with knowledge to work on the matter.

He is trying that's a thing, but ...

Well he simply found a way to fix his lack of geodata cause they don't have any, nor they have someone with knowledge to work on the matter.

He is trying that's a thing, but ...

Thank you Sdw the point is that one we try fix the things the way we can or we know , not surprise me come some ppl here thing they are the owner of the knowledge but in the end I JUST I KNOW THEY NAMES no more else. (even some of them with a litle share on l2j than is a death project so good started but sad END!)

You could simply take few mins/hours and see there are some already existing tools to edit geodata, such as G3DEditor.

http://www.l2jserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=21432

It's not a matter of being a "owner of knowledge" (Did I say that ? Did I treat you of "ignorant pleb" ? Did I say I was the "master of all L2J projects", the "one to rule them all" ?), but just pure and plain logic.

Before doing a work, you ask to yourself if it worths to do it, or if there isn't a better way to handle it. That's the b.a-ba question. And that's the question I'm currently asking when I see time has been used ("wasted" in this case, imho).

2 systems affecting the same thing it's like... Getting 2 NpcTable, affecting each other. Kinda nonsense.

It really looks that some people are bothered by the fact that anyone can make XML data.

I had my fan-times with generating geodata in the past, but buildzone seems broken on latest clients (on purpose?).

I did not create a tempfix. I try to overcome a long existing problem by making something on my own, that anyone can use.

My walls implementation uses less CPU and RAM than geodata checking. Why? Less data to calculate than actual geodata blocks.

They are even better than the current door or zone data checking that already exists on all packs for years. Nno quadruple checks due to their flat nature, no gameobject implementions, just plain data checks.

As a second system it doesn't affect the performance of the server, since you can disable one or the other.

Are XML data more accurate than geodata? No.

But they... do the job pretty well, are easier to generate, easier to improve, use less system resources and are 100% free.

If you don't like them, don't use them and don't hit on my nerves.

You could simply take few mins/hours and see there are some already existing tools to edit geodata, such as G3DEditor.

http://www.l2jserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=21432

It's not a matter of being a "owner of knowledge" (Did I say that ? Did I treat you of "ignorant pleb" ? Did I say I was the "master of all L2J projects", the "one to rule them all" ?), but just pure and plain logic.

Before doing a work, you ask to yourself if it worths to do it, or if there isn't a better way to handle it. That's the b.a-ba question. And that's the question I'm currently asking when I see time has been used ("wasted" in this case, imho).

2 systems affecting the same thing it's like... Getting 2 NpcTable, affecting each other. Kinda nonsense.

Tryskell I'm not refer to you at least you feel offended , are ppl here they know how Im referred.  I know about that tool but like sdw said is not all ppl know edit geodata so we try find the way take less time and easy for understand. Like you can see on this posts they just know blame our work and in the end I can't see nothing useful in the last year. Sorry if I offended you was not my intention.  

It really looks that some people are bothered by the fact that anyone can make XML data.

I had my fan-times with generating geodata in the past, but buildzone seems broken on latest clients (on purpose?).
I did not create a tempfix. I try to overcome a long existing problem by making something on my own, that anyone can use.
My walls implementation uses less CPU and RAM than geodata checking. Why? Less data to calculate than actual geodata blocks.
They are even better than the current door or zone data checking that already exists on all packs for years. Nno quadruple checks due to their flat nature, no gameobject implementions, just plain data checks.
As a second system it doesn't affect the performance of the server, since you can disable one or the other.

Are XML data more accurate than geodata? No.
But they... do the job pretty well, are easier to generate, easier to improve, use less system resources and are 100% free.
If you don't like them, don't use them and don't hit on my nerves.

But as you (maybe) know, geodata is not for walls only, but for ground too. Generate XML which will contains all terrain object with all uneven grounds would be fckin HUGE.

About geo generating from client, it is still possible as you can see above.