L2J-Mobius (Interlude - HighFive - Goddess of Destruction)

mmtls0.jpg

I am making a patch for Underground.

If you want to help with it, contact me at http://l2jmobius.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=747

Some people already help to finish some basic stuff.

Things that need to be done:

-There is some new SoulShot system, over the skills bar.

-When you enter game there is a reward window (new reward system?).

-When you logout from game there is info for what you aquired during your play.

-Geodata.

Edited by Mobius

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible for you to post more detailed changes here? Your svn doesnt list all the changes. Or could we have a working features list?

Slightly off topic OMG you guys added levels past 99 :D 

Edited by luthy1337

There are almost 100 revisions merged with Underground.

This project already takes most of my free time.

I don't have time to list them all one by one.

The story so far:

Still work on basic stuff, with the help of a couple of people.
If it wasn't for them, I would probably abandoned this project.

I made this project public to get help and proceed fast with the development.
People don't even share 1 item, 1 skill, anything... Donations... 0
Classic proved that people do nothing but leech, from at least 3 forks, noone return the slightest contribution.

Project has moved on significantly since I started it, but not as close as I though it would.
People must wake up and share their work, that is the point of working on something open source.
I continue working with this project, but don't expect miracles.

It has always been the problem with open source, L2J is also crippled with that problem (but L2J got also a big problem committing shared stuff, making sharers hopeless : some of my shares have been committed more than 1y after the initial post, while it wasn't complicated and I share full fixes).

Forking is also a problem, as you split strength between multiple projects. Your pack is known faster and got more survivability if you decide to give up, but for regular developement it means you share all users between those forks, it means each fork got different fixes,... Well it doesn't worth (personal PoV).

If you're alone or got limited amount of time, stick to a single project (the one you personally prefer and make you happy to develop with) and do it from A to Z. If you got time one day, you can eventually downgrade or upgrade to another chronicle kinda easily (I could downgrade aCis for C4, C3, C2, C1 easily, as it's mostly a packet edition work and features to remove, but atm I only focus on IL).

Some chronicles aren't developed because there is simply no asks for that chronicle (C1, C2, C3, ...). That's something to consider. If you got low amount of people, don't do it.

I don't know highest chronicles enough to tell you which one got the most ppl, for low chronicles you got IL, GF, H5. Probably GoD ? And I think Classic is a good move too, probably easy to develop. Basically said, you got chronicles which are gameplay steps : I personally stucked to IL because it is the last chronicle before gameplay edit (kamachicken addition).

GL, no matter your choices :).

I made such money topic on my own forums :).

http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php?topic=8073.0

And I decided to pay people for their work since the beginning of that year (440€ given already), in order to encourage Inner Circle to continue to develop, notably on big changes (incoming : SpawnManager, items). I hope it will boost productivity and create a virtuous circle, where ppl contribute with money, and money help to develop the pack faster.

I thank the 183 Customers for their constant support over the past years ! And bu-bu to the 11 spotted leakers who lost their Customers accesses !

:not bad:

Edited by Tryskell

I motivate people with speech so far :D

There are moments where speech isn't enough. It's notably true for big reworks, but not only. Getting Inner Circle membership access is supposed to be the initial motivation for ppl to share codes. But some ppl truly don't give a fack about membership. Those people are rare, but when membership isn't a good reward anymore, and they continue to "code for coding", then they deserve a part of the donations.

Splitting money also shows it's a community project, and not simply L2JTryskell (lolname) project. It's important to show anyone can help and benefit from it. My point is to offer the best IL project, as fast as I can.

Donations, as much as it would be nice to have, is not an issue.

Project is and will continue to be Free and Open Source.

Forking L2J was inevitable, since in my svn I can instanlty fix problems / missing features, on L2J those fixes would never be commited.

I am not a fan of custom stuff, thats why I dropped l2p support (since after a year of improvements and team work, was still crappy),

but in my opinion some things that can/need to be done in some way must not be ignored. Retail solutions may even take months to be made properly.

My current plan for the project is to surpass the old l2p svn (datapack) and try fixing some core related problems, while keeping up to date with latest L2J changes.

Again there are only a couple of people helping with it, each with his own limited time and life issues, so don't expect miracles.

Edited by Mobius

Donations, as much as it would be nice to have, is not an issue.

Project is and will continue to be Free and Open Source.

Forking L2J was inevitable, since in my svn I can instanlty fix problems / missing features, on L2J those fixes would never be commited.

I am not a fan of custom stuff, thats why I dropped l2p support (since after a year of improvements and team work, was still crappy),

but in my opinion some things that can/need to be done in some way must not be ignored. Retail solutions may even take months to be made properly.

My current plan for the project is to surpass the old l2p svn (datapack) and try fixing some core related problems, while keeping up to date with latest L2J changes.

Again there are only a couple of people helping with it, each with his own limited time and life issues, so don't expect miracles.

Since I know this project I couldn't stop help, Is the first open source project I saw in my whole story in L2 where some developers/ppl care and Mobius I would like to say is awesome developer and person I never will quit from this project where I like the environment and special the way Mobius guide this project.

Like he said is to many lechers and ppl rarely share one single item , but the ones who help this project they do for nothing and I'm very proud be part of this team. From my side this project will never stop and always I will try to do my best.

Im pretty sure if anyone see other project based in l2j significant part of that project was taken from Mobius , I want to say thank you as well to l2j team.

Thank you Mobius and GL

Ye so many leechers... that's why my work was leeched and commited in mobius branch... but wp my friend..wp :D

The 3 quests that you claim as your own where shared by someone that claimed he made them.

He also wrote many other quests, it's not like he is a complete idiot and thus can't believe him.

So its the word of a guy that helped my project by making quests vs someone that has no respect for my work...

Do the math.

As I previously have stated, these quests will be removed eventually, not because you said so, just for the sake of doubt.

Ye so many leechers... that's why my work was leeched and commited in mobius branch... but wp my friend..wp :D

Maybe your are a hidden lecher as well , anyway Im sure Mobius can write your "amazing" work with some else better ! Can we keep the html's??? >:D It is this kind of mentality cause among of sad projects gl with your project if is you have one just for your self.