aCis on Grand Crusade client

Hello everyone.

For the past 2-3 months I've been working on making aCis compatible with 110 client protocol. Why? I played it on L2Reborn and I liked it. The graphics feel smoother, more options available for the developer to make nice features, in-game mechanics that make the player's life easier and more.

What is the purpose of this topic:

Since my time has been limited the past few days and I have other things to work on as well, I am searching for people to join the project and assist me to finish it.

What is the state of the project? I would say about 70% done. All main Interlude features work (except for a few like Olympiad, Siege, Manor). You can create character, attack, level up, duel, trade, party, private stores, etc etc. Check the trello for more information: https://trello.com/b/8MZHlQ5f/acis-110-protocol

(Please note that trello TODO is not complete, I add things as I go.)

What you need to know before contacting me:

- Java (should this even be listed?)

- Understanding of L2 networking, packet structure etc.

- Debugging, how to properly do it and what to look for and where.

- Be confident with your skills, as I said my time is limited and I won't be able to answer 500 questions per day, we'll work together on separate things to speed up the development.

- I'm not going to pay you, the project itself is the payment since you will be able to make an Interlude server unlike other servers out there (very few servers have opened with Classic client and they all succeeded, players love it).

- At times I might not be active for 2 weeks straight, it's due to my irl work (I'm required to travel from time to time).

- Sharing the project with anyone or trying to sell it will just lose you your access from future updates, and believe me I'm planning to add some nice stuff after the client is playable 100%. After I decide development is done, you're allowed to do w/e you want with it.

Also I've got a VPS with a server always on to test, I will give access to that as well so we can speed up the development/testing.

-

If somebody knows how to edit client well, I'm offering access to the files if they complete my trello client todo list and a few other things that need doing in order to make Classic be Interlude.

If you're interested, PM me here for discord info.

UPDATE: I am not longer looking for members, the topic can be locked.

Edited by An4rchy
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Hi,

After all these years, I see you haven't lost your passion regarding L2J.

I wish I had the same passion like you, sometimes I trully miss l2j.

Wish you all the best,

fanky.

Edited by Fanky
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fanky said:

Hi,

After all these years, I see you haven't lost your passion regarding L2J.

I wish I had the same passion like you, sometimes I trully miss l2j.

Wish you all the best,

fanky.

Good to hear from you mate, you and Ventic are the first friends I made in mxc and gaming paradise. I hope you're doing fine! Thank you!

Edited by An4rchy

Thanks guys.

3 hours ago, Raws said:

none will work for free

Well, the completed project could be sold for at least 150-200 euros. And I don't mind the person I will be sharing it with to sell it, as long as it's complete and they're not trying to fool people (and make a fool of me/them).

@An4rchy

Some time ago I had started working with the change of source to protocol 110 as well, but right at the beginning I had to stop for personal reasons and I still don't know when I will be able to return.

I hope you are successful in your adaptation.

Thanks. The hard part is already done (some movement issues, unknown packets, inventory, skill enchanting, mask packets), now all that's left is just changing opcodes and packet structure a bit to enable all features that are not working (olympiad, command channels etc).

44 minutes ago, An4rchy said:

Thanks. The hard part is already done (some movement issues, unknown packets, inventory, skill enchanting, mask packets), now all that's left is just changing opcodes and packet structure a bit to enable all features that are not working (olympiad, command channels etc).

If i had time i would help you but i barely sleep with so many clients i work with. 

Ignore all and do it yourself and after a year or so little by little you can sell it for 1.000 or so not just 200 euro. Acis itself for me is a failure not because of the server but the client itself. No matter what you do on this project there will be always lag and disconnects if you dont buy any customized dll from any developer. 

Not fan of latest trash chronicles that copy aion and stopped in freya/h5 which personally i believe is the last l2 chronicle, i still respecr how smooth newer chronicle are.

Edited by Kara

1 hour ago, Kara said:

If i had time i would help you but i barely sleep with so many clients i work with. 

Ignore all and do it yourself and after a year or so little by little you can sell it for 1.000 or so not just 200 euro. Acis itself for me is a failure not because of the server but the client itself. No matter what you do on this project there will be always lag and disconnects if you dont buy any customized dll from any developer. 

Not fan of latest trash chronicles that copy aion and stopped in freya/h5 which personally i believe is the last l2 chronicle, i still respecr how smooth newer chronicle are.

I love interlude gameplay but the client always felt laggy and old. You couldn't even walk in Giran with so many afk shops.

Classic client is very nice imo, there's so, many things that help the players. Even simple things that matter: You press Esc, your active html closes or your target gets canceled if you don't have a html active, no collision between players, alt + click on buffs to remove, more info in parties & possibility to re-organize the pt without leaving/joining and many more. Also the fps seems better overall.

Just now, An4rchy said:

I love interlude gameplay but the client always felt laggy and old. You couldn't even walk in Giran with so many afk shops.

Classic client is very nice imo, there's so, many things that help the players. Even simple things that matter: You press Esc, your active html closes or your target gets canceled if you don't have a html active, no collision between players, alt + click on buffs to remove, more info in parties & possibility to re-organize the pt without leaving/joining and many more. Also the fps seems better overall.

Let's be honest. 

C4 were the chronicle that made us fall in love with Lineage 2. Somewhere in some internet home a friend told us come make a character and i'll show you how to play and afterwards we were addicted.

Interlude were the chronicle that introduced the most PvP servers and we were excited to get free items that in low rate c4 we had to farm for ages and have full buffs.

Kamael/Gracia were the chronicle that didn't accept instantly but it was fun cause it introduced nice events had improved graphics, more actions and areas to expore and we enjoyed a lot.

Freya were the chronicle that Lineage 2 had to stop. Amazing work and i believe many loved it but it never succeed cause HighFive came too fast afterwards and people tend to follow the latest for some reason.

HighFive were the last chronicle considered Lineage 2 by many and stand strong till today cause it has zero teleport crash, and more balanced gameplay especially for low rate servers.

After that Lineage 2 was a downfall. 

I remember when I saw GoD trailer with a duelist jumping around rocks, pissed me off so bad I quit L2 for 1-2 years at that time.

I never played high five or anything above interlude because I used to play PvP servers when Interlude came out and I regret it, but it really looks nice (except for kamaels flying around and daggers getting free backstabs).

Edited by An4rchy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1