Retail Server discussion

Hello dear friends im wonder if from community missing a 100% retail HighFive server full funtional.

Me and my team we planning to Open one retail with daily login rewards/90days items etc.

My problem that i wanna discuss is :The L2 community is intresting for retail server ofc with not critical bugs and with full support.

Please place a comment bellow to see your opinions.

2 hours ago, Trance said:

The community doesn't know what it wants. Do it and see if they follow.

I will i want believe the old style gameplay is not died because some corrupt Admins pay clans to join them.

11 hours ago, HeadHunter said:

Hello dear friends im wonder if from community missing a 100% retail HighFive server full funtional.

Me and my team we planning to Open one retail with daily login rewards/90days items etc.

My problem that i wanna discuss is :The L2 community is intresting for retail server ofc with not critical bugs and with full support.

Please place a comment bellow to see your opinions.

Since 2018 (and even before that), Lineage 2 is not so much about what files/featuers you have, this is just the 10% now. The other 90% is about how much money you are willing to invest for advertisement plans and paid clans.

My suggestion : Do a project you want to have and you would love to work on and if you want to gather good amount of players , be ready to invest a good amount of money as well.

Edited by MrPro*
  • Thanks 1

The problem with the Lineage 2 as a game is not the community. 5 years ago i heard kids saying "the game is dead" yet the game make/provide more money than a big company to players, owners and developers.

I sat for coffee with clients who show me their Paypal and they had 3.500$ earning per month from average 450 - 500 player server which is too much. 

So the game it's not the problem here. The community as i mentioned is the problem. They simply are spoiled rats who want the game mechanics build up to their taste because of the multiple servers they know that exists they can switch at any other server any time. Back when we had 10-15 servers you had no choice but to play and lower your ego. 

The other problem is the way the game is delivered. Nowadays because of the shared files every player has the idea that if he don't like the server's gameplay he can open a server on his own, so he won't sit down his ass and accept your gameplay style.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kara said:

The problem with the Lineage 2 as a game is not the community. 5 years ago i heard kids saying "the game is dead" yet the game make/provide more money than a big company to players, owners and developers.

I sat for coffee with clients who show me their Paypal and they had 3.500$ earning per month from average 450 - 500 player server which is too much. 

So the game it's not the problem here. The community as i mentioned is the problem. They simply are spoiled rats who want the game mechanics build up to their taste because of the multiple servers they know that exists they can switch at any other server any time. Back when we had 10-15 servers you had no choice but to play and lower your ego. 

The other problem is the way the game is delivered. Nowadays because of the shared files every player has the idea that if he don't like the server's gameplay he can open a server on his own, so he won't sit down his ass and accept your gameplay style.

Small typo there, u contradicted yourself because in first paragraph you are saying that problem is not the community, in third one u say it is the community.

About how much server owners make - it's not your business to judge (most likely you are just jealous because you are making less). Your post is probably the best example of why project owners should not share information with their developers about how much they earn, because code monkeys become too cocky. They start thinking that everyone around them is retarded and they are special underrated snowflakes. They see the reward but they don't see how much time, effort, sweat, tears and blood has been invested into project.

Just do your job or go work on your own project instead of judging. But probably you have no idea how complex is to create a decent server because you don't have what it takes. Try to create your own project while outsourcing ~10 pieces of it (also while risking your money/time and dealing with unmotivated service providers who dissapoint you on daily basis), maybe then you will understand that it's hard earned money.  Maybe then you will be grateful for that community which is giving you freelance work. Probably this community is the only reason how you can even survive without having a regular fulltime job in some office where you would be another average dev. So stop biting the hand that feeds you and start respecting community.

Edited by zemaitis
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all about your opinions mates.How i see the problem is that with Mid servers who the most of Admins don't know how to change the configs and they called in players "Admins".

So i hear from one side of L2 community "Pay to win server,3 months server,corrupted admins and so on"....

The other side of L2 community says "No more time to play so we made full donation and get all items in no-time or the game is dead so i will search for mid or pvp server just to make my fun or im a clan leader and recruiting CP's to have more players that i will make a deal with "Admin" and i will have 100 euro per week to bring all my clan mates and i will get and full donation coins to give to my mates every week.

That kind of people they are not players and ofc they don't like the game,they see it as a job.

So that kind of people for my opinion they destroyed the Private servers.

Ofc there is few Private Servers that they have done really good job with at least critical core bugs and i don't rush newbies to open live servers with free shared files if they don't have the knowdlege to fix bugs and ofc without source!

Me from the other side i believe in Humanity and to community from these who play that game from old times and missed the old style gameplay of retail.

I will make a retail 100% server and i will try to simulates the NcSoft gamestyle like (90 days items...etc)

I preciate that your opinions and i will give a try to provide a good and no corrupted retail server.

Best Regards to all of you.

Edited by HeadHunter

45 minutes ago, HeadHunter said:

Thank you all about your opinions mates.How i see the problem is that with Mid servers who the most of Admins don't know how to change the configs and they called in players "Admins".

So i hear from one side of L2 community "Pay to win server,3 months server,corrupted admins and so on"....

The other side of L2 community says "No more time to play so we made full donation and get all items in no-time or the game is dead so i will search for mid or pvp server just to make my fun or im a clan leader and recruiting CP's to have more players that i will make a deal with "Admin" and i will have 100 euro per week to bring all my clan mates and i will get and full donation coins to give to my mates every week.

That kind of people they are not players and ofc they don't like the game,they see it as a job.

Ofc there is few Private Servers that they have done really good job with at least critical core bugs and i don't rush newbies to open live servers with free shared files if they don't have the knowdlege to fix bugs and ofc without source!

Me from the other side i believe in Humanity and to community from these who play that game from old times and missed the old style gameplay of retail.

I will make a retail 100% server and i will try to simulates the NcSoft gamestyle like (90 days items...etc)

I preciate that your opinions and i will give a try to provide a good and no corrupted retail server.

In your case there isnt really much work to do if u want to open a retail server. Just buy advext64 files and open a server. Bam you have a retail server.

Bigger problem is how to advertise it and make it attract people. Because times changed, you will never bring back early 2000s where everyone was going crazy about l2. Hell even ncsoft itself shit the bed with latest essence version (especially l2aden) as well as 4game.

Edited by zemaitis

15 hours ago, HeadHunter said:

I already have files and start working on it.

About advertising yes i think will be the hard part so...

Good 😄 

Edited by MrPro*

9 hours ago, HeadHunter said:

This is a fake topic. You were going to move forward with your retail H5 project no matter what opinion / advise given.. STFU and make your project.

14 hours ago, MrPro* said:

wtf i said about advertising and you put me "downvote" and now you agree? 

Sorry mate miss click i didn't noticed 

7 hours ago, L2Raptorz said:

This is a fake topic. You were going to move forward with your retail H5 project no matter what opinion / advise given.. STFU and make your project.

Ofc is not fake what the heck are you talking about?

The fact that I'm working on retail is not about with my post.Before do any move about my project I ask opinions about it.

If you hate inside you go buy a box sack!