2-Factor Authentication for Lineage 2 Accounts

Pretty self explanatory. I was messing around with MFA and TOTP and I thought I would just write one of L2.

It has all the core functionality but feel free to extend it and make the HTMLs better. Maybe Stinky can come up with something awesome.

How it works?

• By default it is disabled
  • Player logs in and presses .mfaon
  • At this point they need to use an authenticator app on their phone such as Google Authenticator
  • For the best UX the user will need to scan the QR code but if that's not possible they can also type the key manually (Not shown in the video)
  • After that they need to put the current code to enable the system
  • Once that's done, any other login, will require them to put the current code
  • You can simply disable it by pressing .mfaoff once logged in

L2jTesla is using Gradle so I don't have to manually add any jars. If you're not using Gradle or maven you need to find and add the following libraries:

• commons-codec, name: commons-codec, version: 1.10
  • com.google.zxing, name: core, version: 3.4.0

• com.google.zxing, name: javase, version: 3.4.0

Video showing the functionality:

Code: https://gist.github.com/Elfocrash/c6764432e30193fdc441d55209b4ad11

Elfo

Edited by Elfocrash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I personally do not understand why you constantly post things while you do not support them many times I have seen your customers ask you something and they are ignored What is your purpose to be here.

1 hour ago, L2Darkangel said:

I personally do not understand why you constantly post things while you do not support them many times I have seen your customers ask you something and they are ignored What is your purpose to be here.

what customers, u got shares for free ...

3 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

Pretty self explanatory. I was messing around with MFA and TOTP and I thought I would just write one of L2.

It has all the core functionality but feel free to extend it and make the HTMLs better. Maybe Stinky can come up with something awesome.

How it works?

• By default it is disabled
  • Player logs in and presses .mfaon
  • At this point they need to use an authenticator app on their phone such as Google Authenticator
  • For the best UX the user will need to scan the QA code but if that's not possible they can also type the key manually (Not shown in the video)
  • After that they need to put the current code to enable the system
  • Once that's done, any other login, will require them to put the current code
  • You can simply disable it by pressing .mfaoff once logged in

L2jTesla is using Gradle so I don't have to manually add any jars. If you're not using Gradle or maven you need to find and add the following libraries:

• commons-codec, name: commons-codec, version: 1.10
  • com.google.zxing, name: core, version: 3.4.0

• com.google.zxing, name: javase, version: 3.4.0

Video showing the functionality:

Code: https://gist.github.com/Elfocrash/c6764432e30193fdc441d55209b4ad11

Elfo

this could be used for bot protection as well?

or its waste of time , could be bypassed easy ?

3 minutes ago, GsL said:

this could be used for bot protection as well?

or its waste of time , could be bypassed easy ?

I thought about that. The problem is that the user also knows the secret key, it’s part of the spec, so in theory they can generate the right passcode for a given moment in time.

1 hour ago, L2Darkangel said:

To innovate and give food for thought and ideas to people with more time than me