As a paid developer or artist, you don't care if the game sucks or if you won't play the game - since your point is to deliver a work for the money you are paid for. So basically yes, from the moment you are driven by the money, then people can work together.

If you speak about open source / free contribution, then it's all a matter of leadership / leader charism / leader decisions.

But tbh if you got 5k € / ppl / month, then better develop a game directly rather than trying to play with necromancy. Or invest them in bitcoins, since you got more probability to get money from it than developing a game, lol.

Also you cannot use any L2j code to base your server because of GPLv3.

Doing so will prevent using it commercially. See GPLv3 and propitiatory software.

Edit: Forgot to answer OP.

It has already happened, it is called L2jServer and it went to shit. :)

Edited by Mobius

If you would pay serious money to each member of the project, you could get many very good developers, but if you want to create a server based on your idea which you hope will bring profit and pay the team in future, everyone would need to strongly believe in that vision and have high hopes about the income in future.

I am working alone on the core because 1. hiring second developer wouldn't bring twice as much money, 2. I don't like to see my code being stolen, 3. It would be hard to find someone who can code the way I like.

If you can pay 2k euro montly to server and client developers, I am quite sure you could get very good results in couple of months. For me this amount is too low though.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mobius said:

Also you cannot use any L2j code to base your server because of GPLv3.

Doing so will prevent using it commercially. See GPLv3 and propitiatory software.

Edit: Forgot to answer OP.

It has already happened, it is called L2jServer and it went to shit. :)

Talking about comercial licence in a topic with title "imagine if". 

-Maxheaters 2018

3 minutes ago, Kara` said:

Talking about comercial licence in a topic with title "imagine if". 

-Maxheaters 2018

Does post say "imagine if" but leave legal issues aside?

let us not fight over imaginary situations boys,

i didn't make the post coz i am planning on paying 5keuro/dev , and i am sure no one is :)
i just wanted to see how the active members of the forum think, and i saw some very interesting views until now.
Let's keep it civilized.

Well, just imagine if L2j leaders (HELLO AIKI) would be replaced by normal person like Sdw... there would be finally leader with respect and skill which would lead it to right way. All these contributions would not be refused like it always was on l2j forum....

Oh, that was a sweet dream, it's time to wake up.

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2018 at 6:18 PM, Kara` said:

Yes afcourse mandkind is bunch of morons when it apart from people like you. This "fkn" kara you mention back in 2012 helped more people than brain cells you have, yet the only thing you did on maxcheaters is to "[Request Help]". So the infiltratation by useless people is done by you i guess. At least i offered something back then in this forum other than just post meanless posts sometimes. Crawl back to your cave now and dont bother answer back.

Also.. skynet yes.. maybe arnold too?

ohhh_poor_you_367dcu.jpg

12 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

The is not true. You can code whatever you want as external code and hook it into the l2j code with simple plugin api event calls. That is fully compliant with gplv3 and you only have to open source the plugin api engine.

its just sad seeing you running around spreading misinformation 

keep your retarded methods for urself

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

The is not true. You can code whatever you want as external code and hook it into the l2j code with simple plugin api event calls. That is fully compliant with gplv3 and you only have to open source the plugin api engine.

its just sad seeing you running around spreading misinformation 

Lets make a crack for a game and open source it.

That will make it legal.

Idiot...

Edit:

Better idea.

Lets make a Windows activator and open source it.

That will make it legal for sure.

Edited by Mobius