L2Acp Concept

L2ACP  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think would be better

• An ACP where players can do basic account stuff, buy donation coins and spend them on items/enchants/augments (Would cost 30 euros per month)
    • An ACP that has the above but also an admin area where admins will be able to manage the server (restart,chat,jail,kick,ban) (Would cost 50-60 euros per month)
    • An ACP that has the above plus some custom features. (Would cost a one time purchase per feature + the previous monthly fee)
    • All of the above, but give the customer the choice to choose their package

So it looks like you will be able to record all account passwords, make fake donations etc. I doubt any big server could go for it.

lol for this thinking never 1 big server can trust ( smart-guard , rguard , nprotect maybe )

or from this side all is safe ?  wake up bro :)

lol for this thinking never 1 big server can trust ( smart-guard , rguard , nprotect maybe )

I have to agree with pirama on this one.

Smartguard and such can have way worse things inside them not to mention potential malware, which you will never know about.

My little ACP is way less dangerous that whatever those servers are using.

It is know to report most of your server's data back to them anyway.

Akumu was gaining trust since years.

You can't compare a harmless client protection with an interface that can send any command that the gameserver will blindly accept.

Its apples to oranges on all aspects, none will grant 101% access level to a foreign web server that costs as low as 40 euros, no matter if its trusted or not. It simply won't work like that.

I know you want to be able to have full control over your interface, avoid leaks, cracks etc but none will compromise his server's security for the luxury of this ACP.

ISP and IPS forums are good examples of great web software that got cracked and will be cracked over and over again, but they still know that there's no other way.

Worst case scenario for you, a big name of the scene that wants this ACP will simply hire a developer to make one for himself, none is gonna trade traffic with a foreign server

You can't compare a harmless client protection with an interface that can send any command that the gameserver will blindly accept.

Its apples to oranges on all aspects, none will grant 101% access level to a foreign web server that costs as low as 40 euros, no matter if its trusted or not. It simply won't work like that.

I know you want to be able to have full control over your interface, avoid leaks, cracks etc but none will compromise his server's security for the luxury of this ACP.

ISP and IPS forums are good examples of great web software that got cracked and will be cracked over and over again, but they still know that there's no other way.

Worst case scenario for you, a big name of the scene that wants this ACP will simply hire a developer to make one for himself, none is gonna trade traffic with a foreign server

Smartguard is not a harmless client proteciton. Check the traffic that you are sending to their servers. They have control over everything server related but also client related. (And btw it doesnt even protect you)

SaaS products are the future and everyone is using them. Don't wanna use them? Not my problem, you can spend way more on worse products. I can live with it.

There is nothing to compromise unless the gameserver itself gets hacked. In fact i challenge anyone in here to try and hack or abuse my final version.

If they do i will release the whole system for free.

If people don't wanna trust it that's fine by me, i will still sell it.

Edited by .Elfocrash

Smartguard is not a harmless client proteciton. Check the traffic that you are sending to their servers. They have control over everything server related but also client related. (And btw it doesnt even protect you)

SaaS products are the future and everyone is using them. Don't wanna use them? Not my problem, you can spend way more on worse products. I can live with it.

There is nothing to compromise unless the gameserver itself gets hacked. In fact i challenge anyone in here to try and hack or abuse my final version.

If they do i will release the whole system for free.

If people don't wanna trust it that's fine by me, i will still sell it.

SmartGuard can do anything it wants only on the client side, on the server side the code is minimal and its up to the developer to take care of it, whereas your ACP has full control over the gameserver. I am not trying to be a smartass here or go against your product, I just want to say that this comparison is retarded, on top of it a big retard put it on the table.

SmartGuard can do anything it wants only on the client side, on the server side the code is minimal and its up to the developer to take care of it, whereas your ACP has full control over the gameserver. I am not trying to be a smartass here or go against your product, I just want to say that this comparison is retarded, on top of it a big retard put it on the table.

Does smartguard give you the source of the client to see what's happening? Nah.

The API is fully open source to the buyer and the requests are limited to the functionality. They all have logging so the admin can see who sent what.

I'm fully transparent and i have nothing to hide.

uk609vV.png