Server Protection Anti Ddos Help

l2audric

Question

admin sorry if this topic dost go here

i am on the search of best or recommended anti ddos system

i wanna to go with smartguard but read in a lot of places that can be bypassed / hacked and thats why i wont go for they services

can you guys pout me int he right direction

do i need web ddos protection as well as the website is in another vps with sql thats what dev recomended with os cetos

please help me out here dont know where to head and i dont wanna have a fail server from the start either i want to set up do it right and live it up for many years

Imagine you have a pipe that has a flow of 1 galon of water per metre, all goes well with a normal flow and less. But what if you start pumping more than 1 galon of water through the pipe ? like 5...or 10 ? The flow will increase in a rapid way yes ? And if you push more and more .... the pipe will explode ? will pop !!!!

Actually, the waterjet cutter will not work if the pipe is completely straight. So as long as you can afford not to make any turns in your plumbing, you can easily ignore superhigh pressure in your system.

But enough liquid physics. You get what you pay for.

OVH was always a shady french company in my eyes, but I guess ymmv.

I see a lot of HF fanboys in various gaming related forums, but so far from their users I have heard that they have problems with legit, non-automated, non-high bandwidth traffic starts getting identified as DDoS and that it takes lengthy procedures and CS sessions to get HF to change their illicit traffic detection strategies. Once again, you might never hit such a thing while being a customer, but then again, multiple of your hosted servers might be affected at once instead.

Therefore, if you value uptime, purchase services from the professionals and not people who are still learning how to operate. I think people already know what I keep recommending, so I will not repeat it to avoid accusations of spam-advertising.

HyperFilter is not voxility reseller, they have their own network with their own telecom carriers, you can even check that through simple bgp queries, only newbies would say something like that, when they do not have any "AS" relationship with voxility at all. Also, you can even ask voxility yourself if they are their customers or not and the answer is clear and positive, they are not. :)

I don't see voxility in their peering relationship at all, but only real carriers, such as : Cogent, NTT, KPN and so on. :)

remarks: Transit Providers (Pref=100)
remarks:
remarks: COGENT
import: from AS174 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS174 announce AS60503
remarks: KPN
import: from AS286 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS286 announce AS60503
remarks: NTT
import: from AS2914 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS2914 announce AS60503
remarks: SEABONE
import: from AS6762 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS6762 announce AS60503
remarks: HE
import: from AS6939 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS6939 announce AS60503
remarks: ZAYO
import: from AS6461 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS6461 announce AS60503
remarks: GTT
import: from AS3257 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS3257 announce AS60503
remarks: EDPNET
import: from AS9031 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS9031 announce AS60503
remarks: KAIA GLOBAL
import: from AS33926 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS33926 announce AS60503

PS: (You could have checked this first, before even making wrong statements, but whatever lol).

Also they are providing IP connectivity to a few datacenters in Europe, keeping them protected. (Via DE-CIX / AMS-IX and NLIX).

Don't expect any "voxility resellers" capable of doing this, because this will not happen. :)

Edited by MWZ

HyperFilter is not voxility reseller, they have their own network with their own telecom carriers, you can even check that through simple bgp queries, only newbies would say something like that, when they do not have any "AS" relationship with voxility at all. Also, you can even ask voxility yourself if they are their customers or not and the answer is clear and positive, they are not. :)

I don't see voxility in their peering relationship at all, but only real carriers, such as : Cogent, NTT, KPN and so on. :)

remarks: Transit Providers (Pref=100)
remarks:
remarks: COGENT
import: from AS174 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS174 announce AS60503
remarks: KPN
import: from AS286 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS286 announce AS60503
remarks: NTT
import: from AS2914 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS2914 announce AS60503
remarks: SEABONE
import: from AS6762 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS6762 announce AS60503
remarks: HE
import: from AS6939 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS6939 announce AS60503
remarks: ZAYO
import: from AS6461 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS6461 announce AS60503
remarks: GTT
import: from AS3257 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS3257 announce AS60503
remarks: EDPNET
import: from AS9031 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS9031 announce AS60503
remarks: KAIA GLOBAL
import: from AS33926 action pref=100; accept ANY
export: to AS33926 announce AS60503

PS: (You could have checked this first, before even making wrong statements, but whatever lol).

Also they are providing IP connectivity to a few datacenters in Europe, keeping them protected. (Via DE-CIX / AMS-IX and NLIX).

Don't expect any "voxility resellers" capable of doing this, because this will not happen. :)

First of all i am working in a Voxility datacentre in the UK, second of all Hyperfilter is a tiny company that is using Voxility world wide networks, third : you can believe any fairy tales you wish. Or to say it more proper : defend the ones giving you % for some reasons. Sorry if i am rude )

First of all i am working in a Voxility datacentre in the UK, second of all Hyperfilter is a tiny company that is using Voxility world wide networks, third : you can believe any fairy tales you wish. Or to say it more proper : defend the ones giving you % for some reasons. Sorry if i am rude )

You are just lying. And you doesn't even know what AS peering is, are you really this naive ? lol. Please, check the sources first, check the RIR first (RIPE/ARIN and so on), don't say random things like that please. You've just proofed how you are a complete rookie in all this, you don't work for voxility at all, you are working only for your stupid mind.

This made me laugh the whole day, a guy that cannot even check official sources to know what is happening first, before making a lot of wrong statements, please go back to school and stop lying you work for a datacenter, because this was the most basic mistake on earth you could do here. And the most fun thing here, is that you keep evading the subjects making additional wrong statements to justify your previous wrong statements, your major error here is, there are people that know more than you so while you feed newbies in this forum that doesn't even have a clue of what is happening, there are people that surely knows and indeed you aren't one of them, but just part of the mass here.

I've proofed what I said here, and "anyone" in this forum, can query the RIRs the same way I did and check exactly what is going on.

Then, can "you" proof what you've said at all ? No, you can't, because there isn't anything to be proofed, other than just you stating something that isn't the reality here.

Edited by MWZ

Cut the 0, divide by 10.

@dev : Please do not say hyperfilter, it is a 2nd hand reseller of Voxility....

wrong. 

RIPE information: 

AS3223 = voxility

AS60503 = hyperfilter

no relation between them.

wrong. 

RIPE information: 

AS3223 = voxility

AS60503 = hyperfilter

no relation between them.

maxtor make post on topic? i must go to the church now :P

You are just lying. And you doesn't even know what AS peering is, are you really this naive ? lol. Please, check the sources first, check the RIR first (RIPE/ARIN and so on), don't say random things like that please. You've just proofed how you are a complete rookie in all this, you don't work for voxility at all, you are working only for your stupid mind.

This made me laugh the whole day, a guy that cannot even check official sources to know what is happening first, before making a lot of wrong statements, please go back to school and stop lying you work for a datacenter, because this was the most basic mistake on earth you could do here. And the most fun thing here, is that you keep evading the subjects making additional wrong statements to justify your previous wrong statements, your major error here is, there are people that know more than you so while you feed newbies in this forum that doesn't even have a clue of what is happening, there are people that surely knows and indeed you aren't one of them, but just part of the mass here.

I've proofed what I said here, and "anyone" in this forum, can query the RIRs the same way I did and check exactly what is going on.

Then, can "you" proof what you've said at all ? No, you can't, because there isn't anything to be proofed, other than just you stating something that isn't the reality here.

Why would i give a damn to prove anything ?

I know what kind of systems i manage at my job, you just google some answers )

Keep posting, my workmates have had a good laugh at this forum's topic ))

@Maxtor : Google does not know all.

maxtor make post on topic? i must go to the church now :P

Maxtor replied, because he is advertising Hyperfilter with probably some %, clearly noone likes bollocks and what i said about hyperfilter was offensive for the people that get % from the lads behind the scene of HF.

Anyway people mad for the word "reseller" . Many resell. Get str8.

Why would i give a damn to prove anything ?

I know what kind of systems i manage at my job, you just google some answers )

Keep posting, my workmates have had a good laugh at this forum's topic ))

@Maxtor : Google does not know all.

As I thought your argumentation was empty, and you cannot even proof your poor statement, good job. :)

You are just stupid, and seriously lack some brain. Not going to waste time anymore, anyone that does really works with networking (not you of course, as you don't even know what I'm speaking about) and knows how an AS works will understand how dumb you are. :)  :)

Good luck with your total blind ignorance.  O0

PS: The only system you manage, is the mouse and keyboard in front of you and the remote control of your TV. (Mr. Datacenter Boy).
Edited by MWZ

You are just stupid, and seriously lack some brain. Not going to waste time anymore, anyone that does really works with networking (not you of course, as you don't even know what I'm speaking about) and knows how an AS works will understand how dumb you are. :)  :)

Good luck with your total blind ignorance.  O0

You cant know if he works there or not , i can say that i am developer at joduska.me can you proof that i am not??