L2Jpes Interlude Project

@Pauler

I didn't mock your project. But if your project is just for your amusement as you said and if you want to name every class like a food ( quoting your words ), then you can go do that in private. What's the point of creating a topic about such project to flame bite everyone around here ? And since you already got five pages of arguing where handlers should be ... I think you kinda succeeded in that.

Let me repeat myself, when you share something, you do it to create value for others, not for your amusement nor to satisfy your eager for flame/trolling creation.

@Pauler

I didn't mock your project. But if your project is just for your amusement as you said and if you want to name every class like a food ( quoting your words ), then you can go do that in private. What's the point of creating a topic about such project to flame bite everyone around here ? And since you already got five pages of arguing where handlers should be ... I think you kinda succeeded in that.

It was about time to see some developing related replies here, except the topics that mock Ovenus about the null pointers.

Also, I don't flame bite anyone, I think all my replies at this topic are polite enough.

Anyhow no hard feelings, my intetion was not to mock your project, but when you share something and go public, you can't go "whatever I'll do what I want". There's going to be feedback from others and you must always consider it.

Anyhow no hard feelings, my intetion was not to mock your project, but when you share something and go public, you can't go "whatever I'll do what I want". There's going to be feedback from others and you must always consider it.

I wasn't offended, lol. And feedback is always appreciated, if it is placed correctly.

This is a bad coding practice.

Easier, faster and implementation agnostic since this code section does not need to know the class type of the handler to evaluate. And it avoids reflecting on the Class<?> equality.

That would require a complete rework of the handlers, and even after that it would loose functionality because you would need to list every single itemId(eg every potion) instead of just specifying the the potions.class. Ultimately bad practice or not its still better, if i would implement such a change to it, i would delete it and implement the badly coded mess of l2j (scriptengine listeners). Bad practice or not, its working as intended and easy to use/extend.

Actually, it seems really interesting.

Its development froze 3 years ago, and it was shared open source back then, I had the chance to get it, but Im afraid that it needs more time than I can offer for its development

PS: Its coded in pure java and sql like l2j :P

[it's a condensated answer from page 1-5.]

Even if that project can't be a counter to my own project (to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't allow it), the point I accepted L2JPes's existence - as I did with Esios in the past - is it can benefit the main project with ideas I/my community wouldn't have. Forking means the project is healthy enough to be duplicated and used as a base. Which, in fact, means my work can be (re)used and it's a personal victory by itself.

Regarding the refactoring stuff, all packs begin with that. You should check your own timelines and see what happened from rev 1-50, you (perhaps) would be surprised to learn you made the same.

Regarding on what people should develop on, "let Britney alone" : what I mean is "MMO Pokemon" worths more than "NOSQL open source" for some people, like gardening (yeah plants) can be more appealing than auto tuning for others. If people wants to develop L2J IL, let them do what they want, and do what you want.

Leluche, you're right regarding the necessity this project has to don't go on my path to "exist", as anyway the eventual decent retail/bugs fixes would be assimilated to the main project. It must eat "fans parts" from others projects - L2JFrozen for example - but so far, that's what Pauler intended to do (customs, etc).

Finally about the negative behaviors, you perhaps should see your own projects / asses, and see what's wrong, instead of busy replying here. Like (dedicated to Intrepid to make me smile) : claiming being an open source project, then private, and then open source again - all that in less than few hours, while blessing open source system and tossing others packs for using a freemium concept. Just saying.

The copy-paste on stackoverflow wasn't a clever move, though :D.

PS : I only have to create a custom branch of aCis - with few custom additions such as global gk / buffer / etc - to get a control on IL chronicle. While it's not hard to do, and even on my plans if I manage to don't be busy anymore with "clean" aCis, I currently only busy about fixing aCis. I could counter L2JFrozen months ago by creating such thing, but it would use my time differently, and it hurts my conception than a L2J server shouldn't be launched by people who can't pass a single code line.

Peace,

Tk.

[it's a condensated answer from page 1-5.]

Even if that project can't be a counter to my own project (to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't allow it), the point I accepted L2JPes's existence - as I did with Esios in the past - is it can benefit the main project with ideas I/my community wouldn't have. Forking means the project is healthy enough to be duplicated and used as a base. Which, in fact, means my work can be (re)used and it's a personal victory by itself.

Regarding the refactoring stuff, all packs begin with that. You should check your own timelines and see what happened from rev 1-50, you (perhaps) would be surprised to learn you made the same.

Regarding on what people should develop on, "let Britney alone" : what I mean is "MMO Pokemon" worths more than "NOSQL open source" for some people, like gardening (yeah plants) can be more appealing than auto tuning for others. If people wants to develop L2J IL, let them do what they want, and do what you want.

Leluche, you're right regarding the necessity this project has to don't go on my path to "exist", as anyway the eventual decent retail/bugs fixes would be assimilated to the main project. It must eat "fans parts" from others projects - L2JFrozen for example - but so far, that's what Pauler intended to do (customs, etc).

Finally about the negative behaviors, you perhaps should see your own projects / asses, and see what's wrong, instead of busy replying here. Like (dedicated to Intrepid to make me smile) : claiming being an open source project, then private, and then open source again - all that in less than few hours, while blessing open source system and tossing others packs for using a freemium concept. Just saying.

The copy-paste on stackoverflow wasn't a clever move, though :D.

PS : I only have to create a custom branch of aCis - with few custom additions such as global gk / buffer / etc - to get a control on IL chronicle. While it's not hard to do, and even on my plans if I manage to don't be busy anymore with "clean" aCis, I currently only busy about fixing aCis. I could counter L2JFrozen months ago by creating such thing, but it would use my time differently, and it hurts my conception than a L2J server shouldn't be launched by people who can't pass a single code line.

Peace,

Tk.

here goes the humble monster again dude gtfo you got ego issues as far for the replies i think are all garbage(except the coding ones)(i only read 4-5 page) if he decided to create the project why do you think you will be able to change his mind?

here goes the humble monster again dude gtfo you got ego issues as far for the replies i think are all garbage(except the coding ones)(i only read 4-5 page) if he decided to create the project why do you think you will be able to change his mind?

I pretty much think that his reply was against the others not me.

I pretty much think that his reply was against the others not me.

i wasn't refering to him for the "s far for the replies i think are all garbage(except the coding ones)(i only read 4-5 page) if he decided to create the project why do you think you will be able to change his mind?"

the only part that goes to tk is this

"here goes the humble monster again dude gtfo you got ego issues"

Theres a really thin edge beetwen constructive criticism and forcing your ideas to someone. Thing is speaking for myself and most of us, nobody wants to change hes mind about this we just help him improve on what he does.

It must eat "fans parts" from others projects - L2JFrozen for example - but so far, that's what Pauler intended to do (customs, etc).

Aa you see , he made "free" the project, no matter Customs (My opionion)

But the system you have compiled, ok its a free for -10 revs , but when ppl join to your forum , they watch the next revs [Fixes] which are not available, it's kinda strange, i know how the system works but anyway is unfair.

Aa you see , he made "free" the project, no matter Customs (My opionion)

But the system you have compiled, ok its a free for -10 revs , but when ppl join to your forum , they watch the next revs [Fixes] which are not available, it's kinda strange, i know how the system works but anyway is unfair.

Is NOT unfair at all, you can't have them all.