Jump to content

Help Edit monster animations


rtcxool
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good morning all,

 

Hope you're all well.

 

I want to ask for a help. 

I am creating a massive orc Raid Boss for my server. I did everything server side. Tripled Orc size using Unreal ED3. Everything worked well, imported animation, linked to mesh. Imported and linked sounds to animation and so on. Tested everything and all is working fine. One small thing I couldn't find out yet is how to fix monster dmg sounds. I mean when monster hits, he have his roaring and so on but there is no dmg or missed dmg sound on monster hit. These sounds is perfectly linked through npcgrp.dat, I've checked via file edit. The monster receiving damage moaning is working fine, but making damage not. My guess, something I missed editing .ukx maybe these dmg/ miss dmg sounds must by linked to attack animations via Unreal ED?

 

But the main reason I'm created this topic is, it's been two weeks since I'm trying to find the way to edit animation itself. I mean when I've enlarged the monster, now Orc triple in size, all animation are perfectly fine except the attack. The monster is big and he hits above the character. I need to change his arm position when he attacking ( make him to hit lower ). I thought it's something can be done editing Orc_anim.psa as this file contain all the animations for that monster but I couldn't find a way how to open .psa to edit it. Unreal ED opens it but here I can edit only skeletal mesh with animation, speed rate and so on but not the animation itself. 

 

Do you guys have any idea how to edit animation the way I need? 

Or its barely possible?Orc.thumb.jpg.af0c33c83fbd00bbc3a2650defbd7df6.jpg

 

Much appreciated for any help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, rtcxool said:

Good morning all,

 

Hope you're all well.

 

I want to ask for a help. 

I am creating a massive orc Raid Boss for my server. I did everything server side. Tripled Orc size using Unreal ED3. Everything worked well, imported animation, linked to mesh. Imported and linked sounds to animation and so on. Tested everything and all is working fine. One small thing I couldn't find out yet is how to fix monster dmg sounds. I mean when monster hits, he have his roaring and so on but there is no dmg or missed dmg sound on monster hit. These sounds is perfectly linked through npcgrp.dat, I've checked via file edit. The monster receiving damage moaning is working fine, but making damage not. My guess, something I missed editing .ukx maybe these dmg/ miss dmg sounds must by linked to attack animations via Unreal ED?

 

But the main reason I'm created this topic is, it's been two weeks since I'm trying to find the way to edit animation itself. I mean when I've enlarged the monster, now Orc triple in size, all animation are perfectly fine except the attack. The monster is big and he hits above the character. I need to change his arm position when he attacking ( make him to hit lower ). I thought it's something can be done editing Orc_anim.psa as this file contain all the animations for that monster but I couldn't find a way how to open .psa to edit it. Unreal ED opens it but here I can edit only skeletal mesh with animation, speed rate and so on but not the animation itself. 

 

Do you guys have any idea how to edit animation the way I need? 

Or its barely possible?Orc.thumb.jpg.af0c33c83fbd00bbc3a2650defbd7df6.jpg

 

Much appreciated for any help.

I like the whole concept but you have to understand that after a certain points of height the monsters simply can't "target" properly. Now your orc is fixable logically wise all you have to do it bend his back a little bit when he try to his a target but then again you will have to make it so it hits the dwarfs if you want him to look more "realistic" sadly i don't know how to do this but like i said take for example Antharas, Valakas, Baium etc. they are huge and their targeting/attack animations are wacky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding sounds, you can check this guide:

 

 

I wouldn't edit the animation itself, it's probably a rabbit hole you don't wanna delve into. 

 

An easier solution would be to use a different weapon, for example a scythe with a downwards edge curve.

 

Don't forget you should also scale the weapon accordingly, so that it covers more space and thus hit the target more realistically. Scaling can be done either via the editor or the class properties of the npc (weaponscale).

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rtcxool said:

Good morning all,

 

Hope you're all well.

 

I want to ask for a help. 

I am creating a massive orc Raid Boss for my server. I did everything server side. Tripled Orc size using Unreal ED3. Everything worked well, imported animation, linked to mesh. Imported and linked sounds to animation and so on. Tested everything and all is working fine. One small thing I couldn't find out yet is how to fix monster dmg sounds. I mean when monster hits, he have his roaring and so on but there is no dmg or missed dmg sound on monster hit. These sounds is perfectly linked through npcgrp.dat, I've checked via file edit. The monster receiving damage moaning is working fine, but making damage not. My guess, something I missed editing .ukx maybe these dmg/ miss dmg sounds must by linked to attack animations via Unreal ED?

 

But the main reason I'm created this topic is, it's been two weeks since I'm trying to find the way to edit animation itself. I mean when I've enlarged the monster, now Orc triple in size, all animation are perfectly fine except the attack. The monster is big and he hits above the character. I need to change his arm position when he attacking ( make him to hit lower ). I thought it's something can be done editing Orc_anim.psa as this file contain all the animations for that monster but I couldn't find a way how to open .psa to edit it. Unreal ED opens it but here I can edit only skeletal mesh with animation, speed rate and so on but not the animation itself. 

 

Do you guys have any idea how to edit animation the way I need? 

Or its barely possible?Orc.thumb.jpg.af0c33c83fbd00bbc3a2650defbd7df6.jpg

 

Much appreciated for any help.

Example: https://gyazo.com/c6e33f6d5977e0dd2bf20302a7536379

 

Here's an example about the ratio of the size of a mob to a smaller mob. Here I assume that nothing can be changed if the mob is very huge. because we can't do 2 animations depending on the target size.

 

As for the sounds, yes, you have already been sent a link to the manual from @GLOin this thread, it works. You can try. Sounds are also difficult to add, but possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NevesOma said:

Example: https://gyazo.com/c6e33f6d5977e0dd2bf20302a7536379

 

Here's an example about the ratio of the size of a mob to a smaller mob. Here I assume that nothing can be changed if the mob is very huge. because we can't do 2 animations depending on the target size.

 

As for the sounds, yes, you have already been sent a link to the manual from @GLOin this thread, it works. You can try. Sounds are also difficult to add, but possible.

You didn't got me right. I don't need two animations depending on size. I need only one animation (change the current one) to make the monster to hit lower (for everyone). And I have no idea how to edit the animation (part of animation, body all fine just change arm position or bend a back of monster during animation a bit as @D3X mentioned, that's what I'm looking for. If that's even possible I afraid.

2 hours ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Regarding sounds, you can check this guide:

 

 

I wouldn't edit the animation itself, it's probably a rabbit hole you don't wanna delve into. 

 

An easier solution would be to use a different weapon, for example a scythe with a downwards edge curve.

 

Don't forget you should also scale the weapon accordingly, so that it covers more space and thus hit the target more realistically. Scaling can be done either via the editor or the class properties of the npc (weaponscale).

 

@Blitzkrieg Thanks, I saw this topic from @GLO I just missed that part about script. That's makes sense.

 

About animation, I would still like to try to dive into that rabbit hole. I been searching for any guide for the last 5 days and I wasn't able to find any all over the web on how to edit animation, like to change/edit part of animation (arm, leg, or so on to move differently).

Edited by rtcxool
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe in order to create animations from scratch you need 3ds max / Maya or similar software. I'm not aware with the process of it. Maybe search for "skin morph modifier".

 

What you could probably do and get away with it is what I show you in the video. Keep in mind that the bone remains rotated throughout the whole animation, so there might be a frame that it looks bad. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rtcxool said:

You didn't got me right. I don't need two animations depending on size. I need only one animation (change the current one) to make the monster to hit lower (for everyone). And I have no idea how to edit the animation (part of animation, body all fine just change arm position or bend a back of monster during animation a bit as @D3X mentioned, that's what I'm looking for. If that's even possible I afraid.

This I mean about a universal solution and not about specifically that he hit any character.

Because there are transformations, etc. Therefore, I meant a universal solution so that the mob hit exactly downward ( regardless of the size of the target ).

 

Solution in your case:

If you need this mob to hit specifically characters ( we take into account the size of characters ) then you need to edit its animation from zero ( I also do this ) and change its attack so that it hits below. In this case, you need to make a new attack, or change the one that is now ( in 3Ds Max or another software ).

 

But everything needs to be done logical, because the mob is big and it should look beautiful when attacked.

Edited by NevesOma
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NevesOma said:

This I mean about a universal solution and not about specifically that he hit any character.

Because there are transformations, etc. Therefore, I meant a universal solution so that the mob hit exactly downward ( regardless of the size of the target ).

 

Solution in your case:

If you need this mob to hit specifically characters ( we take into account the size of characters ) then you need to edit its animation from zero ( I also do this ) and change its attack so that it hits below. In this case, you need to make a new attack, or change the one that is now ( in 3Ds Max or another software ).

 

But everything needs to be done logical, because the mob is big and it should look beautiful when attacked.

@NevesOma @BlitzkriegThank you guys, that's actually what I was looking for. A software which is capable to edit/ change animation. 3Ds Max, I will definitely try this one.

 

I'm still have the issue with the  mob hit sounds unfortunately. I've followed a guide by @GLO, his video are unavailable sadly. But when I put any of the following script to Unreal MyActor I get an error, see picture.

 

AnimNotify_AttackItem : 
class AnimNotify_AttackItem extends AnimNotify
    native;

AnimNotify_AttackPreShot :
class AnimNotify_AttackPreShot extends AnimNotify
    native;


AnimNotify_AttackShot :
class AnimNotify_AttackShot extends AnimNotify
    native;

var() int TargetIndex;
 

 

After all, I'm not sure and can't understand how this script can make it work. Looks like the script would add few more rows in AnimNotify and I can attach the hit sounds to them. But again, I think that sounds would be played every time on selected time frame during animation while it should be something like, when mob hits, hit sound should be played, when he miss a hit, miss sound should be played or when he strike a critical hit, a critical hit sound should be played.

These sounds controlled through npcgrp.dat file for all mobs:

20049    LineageMonster.werewolf    LineageMonsters.werewolf_m00    2    LineageMonstersTex.werewolf_t00    LineageMonstersTex.werewolf_t01                0            10    4416    6    4410    12    4411    12    4412    10    4413    10                                                                    1.000000    0        3    ItemSound.spear_2    ItemSound.spear_3    ItemSound.sword_mid_3    4    MonSound.Hit_Normal_11    MonSound.Hit_Metal_1    MonSound.Hit_Metal_Clang_2    MonSound.Hit_normal_12        3    MonSound.werewolf_dmg_1    MonSound.werewolf_dmg_2    MonSound.werewolf_dmg_3    0            1    0                    LineageEffect.p_u002_a    0    50.000000    250.000000    70.000000    0    1
But once I create a new .ukx animation file for my monster, these mob hit sounds are not working. 

Do you have any idea how to sort this out?

Screenshot (58).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rtcxool said:

@NevesOma @BlitzkriegThank you guys, that's actually what I was looking for. A software which is capable to edit/ change animation. 3Ds Max, I will definitely try this one.

 

I'm still have the issue with the  mob hit sounds unfortunately. I've followed a guide by @GLO, his video are unavailable sadly. But when I put any of the following script to Unreal MyActor I get an error, see picture.

 

AnimNotify_AttackItem : 
class AnimNotify_AttackItem extends AnimNotify
    native;

AnimNotify_AttackPreShot :
class AnimNotify_AttackPreShot extends AnimNotify
    native;


AnimNotify_AttackShot :
class AnimNotify_AttackShot extends AnimNotify
    native;

var() int TargetIndex;
 

 

After all, I'm not sure and can't understand how this script can make it work. Looks like the script would add few more rows in AnimNotify and I can attach the hit sounds to them. But again, I think that sounds would be played every time on selected time frame during animation while it should be something like, when mob hits, hit sound should be played, when he miss a hit, miss sound should be played or when he strike a critical hit, a critical hit sound should be played.

These sounds controlled through npcgrp.dat file for all mobs:

20049    LineageMonster.werewolf    LineageMonsters.werewolf_m00    2    LineageMonstersTex.werewolf_t00    LineageMonstersTex.werewolf_t01                0            10    4416    6    4410    12    4411    12    4412    10    4413    10                                                                    1.000000    0        3    ItemSound.spear_2    ItemSound.spear_3    ItemSound.sword_mid_3    4    MonSound.Hit_Normal_11    MonSound.Hit_Metal_1    MonSound.Hit_Metal_Clang_2    MonSound.Hit_normal_12        3    MonSound.werewolf_dmg_1    MonSound.werewolf_dmg_2    MonSound.werewolf_dmg_3    0            1    0                    LineageEffect.p_u002_a    0    50.000000    250.000000    70.000000    0    1
But once I create a new .ukx animation file for my monster, these mob hit sounds are not working. 

Do you have any idea how to sort this out?

Screenshot (58).png

 

https://gyazo.com/9fb252765ab4bcff304b5bed764bc332

https://gyazo.com/2f7e390f1a36a2c7c043bd8e5588b642

 

Found a free minute and check out your boss. In this case, he has enough height to hit the character ( his first or second attacks ). Because it hits the right point.

 

About sounds, yes, there are a lot of sounds on the timeline. For one action, there can be more than 5 or ten of them. And there are many actions. In the same place for the attack and they can be.

 

Sounds from npcgrp work when you hit a mob and it makes the desired sound. Maybe you just want the sound of hitting a mob? ( except for his sounds when he screams when he hits ).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fist of all, thank you all for your time and help!

 

I've tried few software, like 3DS Max, Blender and few more. Unfortunately, all of them gives me an error saying that my graphic card is not supported to run software. So this means I won't be able to change/ edit animation no matter what.

The current monster animation is not that bad actually, I'm still able to decrease attack range, change a monster weapon to a bigger one, or even scale his size down a bit if needed.

 

The problem with sounds remain. I really need to sort it out. 

Guide from @GLO is not working. Video is unavailable...

 

See the video. Original monster have all that metal clang sounds when he hits me and even some effect applied to my character and my character makes moaning noise upon receiving damage. While the monster I made have no other sounds or effects during attack apart his attack roaring. Visually looks like he do not even touching me...

 

Many guides I've managed to find by googling have deleted/ unavailable or partly unavailable content. 😐

 

I would appreciate if someone can help me out to sort this sounds and effects I'm missing.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rtcxool said:

Fist of all, thank you all for your time and help!

 

I've tried few software, like 3DS Max, Blender and few more. Unfortunately, all of them gives me an error saying that my graphic card is not supported to run software. So this means I won't be able to change/ edit animation no matter what.

The current monster animation is not that bad actually, I'm still able to decrease attack range, change a monster weapon to a bigger one, or even scale his size down a bit if needed.

 

The problem with sounds remain. I really need to sort it out. 

Guide from @GLO is not working. Video is unavailable...

 

See the video. Original monster have all that metal clang sounds when he hits me and even some effect applied to my character and my character makes moaning noise upon receiving damage. While the monster I made have no other sounds or effects during attack apart his attack roaring. Visually looks like he do not even touching me...

 

Many guides I've managed to find by googling have deleted/ unavailable or partly unavailable content. 😐

 

I would appreciate if someone can help me out to sort this sounds and effects I'm missing.

 

 

 

 

In my GIF above I have already shown how it should work. All these actions have nothing to do with sounds, this is something else ( his actions ). All this is done manually too.

 

This is also done with certain parameters, but for them you also need to add your own code as in the example GLO. Everything is perfectly shown there.

 

Perhaps I can help you add this boss. Just update the lines and add new file.

 

https://gyazo.com/0e0bf92cf5910c1437ca89d6586cc738

 

Download: https://dropmefiles.com/fzcEE

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rtcxool said:

Fist of all, thank you all for your time and help!

 

I've tried few software, like 3DS Max, Blender and few more. Unfortunately, all of them gives me an error saying that my graphic card is not supported to run software. So this means I won't be able to change/ edit animation no matter what.

The current monster animation is not that bad actually, I'm still able to decrease attack range, change a monster weapon to a bigger one, or even scale his size down a bit if needed.

 

The problem with sounds remain. I really need to sort it out. 

Guide from @GLO is not working. Video is unavailable...

 

See the video. Original monster have all that metal clang sounds when he hits me and even some effect applied to my character and my character makes moaning noise upon receiving damage. While the monster I made have no other sounds or effects during attack apart his attack roaring. Visually looks like he do not even touching me...

 

Many guides I've managed to find by googling have deleted/ unavailable or partly unavailable content. 😐

 

I would appreciate if someone can help me out to sort this sounds and effects I'm missing.

 

 

 

 

It's like miss u all time .. are u sure what he hit u ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, NevesOma said:

In my GIF above I have already shown how it should work. All these actions have nothing to do with sounds, this is something else ( his actions ). All this is done manually too.

 

This is also done with certain parameters, but for them you also need to add your own code as in the example GLO. Everything is perfectly shown there.

 

Perhaps I can help you add this boss. Just update the lines and add new file.

 

https://gyazo.com/0e0bf92cf5910c1437ca89d6586cc738

 

Download: https://dropmefiles.com/fzcEE

 

@NevesOma Thank you so much.

Actually, I didn't knew that I can scale monster size in .u file... After reading few topics about .u editing and reading/ editing Hex, finally I figured out how to increase monster size properly. And it's not that hard at all. 🙂

 

Earlier I tried to increase monster size by scaling skeletal mesh in .ukx using UnrealED. It works this way too, but then all sounds and effects needs to be added/linked manually and that is pain in the **** and takes hours to do so.

 

Thank you guys once again for your time and help.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Vision locked this topic
6 hours ago, rtcxool said:

@NevesOma Thank you so much.

 

I was glad to help you.

Yes, in this case I used this method because the monster is standard. In other cases, it is necessary to assemble it anew together with all the animations + sounds + etc things. This is a very long time, but at the end the result is good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

AdBlock Extension Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our members.

Please disable AdBlock browser extension first, to be able to use our community.

I've Disbaled AdBlock