Can't make connection to GAME server locally, only LOGIN srv

An4rchy

Question

Hello everyone.

So I've been working on a little event in L2 the last few days and today I wanted to test it with a friend, so I decided to open up a test server with my ip so me and my friend can both join and test it.

Nothing I haven't done like 1000 times before.

I forwarded the ports 2106, 7777, 9014 (which are the default by l2jserver and I didn't change) and added a firewall exception for these ports. I put as hostname in login server properties and game server properties my IP address and sent a l2.ini with my ip to my friend.

Here is the weird part. He can login normally, make a char and enter the game. But when I try to login (with localhost/127.0.0.1/IPv4 in my l2.ini, I tried all 3 just in case), I get a connection with the login server, get the server list, but when I select the server I have registered (1 - Bartz) and press OK, nothing happens.

I press cancel, try to login again and get account already in use. So what I thought is that I get a connection with the game server but something goes wrong. So I put debug messages in SelectorThread in order to see if I am actually getting a connection established and I'm not getting one. The message account already in use occurs because the login server assumes (and is right to do so) that the connection is established since I was able to connect to login without any problems and select a server so it adds my account to a connected list.

In a few words, the message 'account already in use' means nothing and I can't seem to make a connection locally on my GAME server when it is up using my IP(as I said in the beginning, I am able to connect if I don't use my public IP and use localhost to open the server).

Using aCis btw, but I don't think it really matters since Tryskell hasn't really made huge changes in game server connections.

I would appreciate any help, I've been trying for hours without any luck. I even tried connecting to the server from another PC in my network in case it was the PC and still nothing, same thing.

Edited by An4rchy

if the outsider can connect and you cant you mess with the configs try to use localhost for you and no-ip for friends 100% success (configs always localhost no-ip does the dirty work)

Configs are not touched, I only changed Hostname as I should do. Ofcourse I use localhost for me.

The no-ip thing is unnecessary.

12 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

Hostname = localhost

no-ip does it public and for me works like that

Tried it, just because I'm desperate :D

Well if I put on both login server and game server properties hostname = localhost, I can login but now my friend is stuck on server select screen with no-ip.

There might be a possibility that the connection is made very, very delayed. Saying that because I've still got debug messages when a connection is established and after trying 3-4 times I got some messages on console after 10-15 minutes. But I had already closed L2 client (and it wasn't my friend logging in, I asked).

Edited by An4rchy

Just now, An4rchy said:

Tried it, just because I'm desperate :D

Well if I put on both login server and game server properties hostname = localhost, I can login but now my friend is stuck on server select screen.

There might be a possibility that the connection is made very, very delayed. Saying that because I've still got debug messages when a connection is established and after trying 3-4 times I got some messages on console after 10-15 minutes. But I had already closed L2 client (and it wasn't my friend logging in, I asked).

try to ask him again to login and use some clean pack maybe you did something wrong i mean on core? you do updates with patches?

1 minute ago, Nightw0lf said:

try to ask him again to login and use some clean pack maybe you did something wrong i mean on core? you do updates with patches?

It's not the clients (mine and his), we're both using clean latest interlude clients. It's not the protocol either, I removed protocol checks just to be sure about that (in protocol request client packet).

I think the problem is with my network or something local, not the client (since I'm able to connect when the server runs on localhost).

if you have no-ip try to add in Hostname your local ip 192.168... it can translate this too, otherwise try to disable windows firewall just to be 100% sure its not from this.

PS:plus i am always counting on you having no antivirus xD just mentioning

Edited by Nightw0lf

1 minute ago, Nightw0lf said:

if you have no-ip try to add in Hostname your local ip 192.168... it can translate this too, otherwise try to disable windows firewall just to be 100% sure its not from this.

PS:plus i am always counting on you having no antivirus xD just mentioning

No antivirus, already tried disabling firewall completely. Gonna try the IPv4 in hostname.

BTW, about the delayed debug messages I got, they're not from client connection to game server and they're not delayed. I was just checking my 7777 port in some random site and it sent the messages :D

Tried hostname = IPv4, still nothing.

Anyway, going to bed, I hope someone will help out tomorrow or maybe I'll figure it out with a clear head in the morning.

Ty anyway.

Did you change something in internet protocol version 4 tcp/ipv4 properties? If yes make it default and try again

I mean this:

A5vPgQl.jpg

Edited by Dragic

9 minutes ago, Dragic said:

Did you change something in internet protocol version 4 tcp/ipv4 properties? If yes make it default and try again

No changes.

The only difference in my internet connection from the last time I opened a server at home is that I have cosmote TV configured in my settings as well, but I checked and nothing interferes.

I mean it doesn't really make sense why I would be able to establish a connection with login server but not game server. (at least to me)

aCis don't supporting now multi access for game server. You can choose between external and internal IP. Even if you tries to connect to the game server from local network (behind the NAT) you will get from login server the external IP of game server. If your provider gave you "grey IP" behind the him proxy then you never will connected to your game server from local network with using external IP cause provider will blocks any loopback by your WAN IP.

The solution of this issue is add some changes in login server for detecting local users and sending them the IP of game connection to the port 9014 (if LS and GS in the same network as user). In this case all local user connections will staying behind NAT.

It's around 10 new lines of code in ServerList packet.

I reported to Tryskell about this issue after when he dropped 2 IP's config. But he ignored this.