Old server (L2 extreme, Forever, mxc)

Jon78

Technically is possible,but ain't gonna happen.Time passed,ppl grew up,mindsets changed.You can still enjoy the money grabing servers wich will last more,or some weekly pvp servers for some quick fun.Game is not dead ofc,but most owners retard behaviours brought the whole thing to this point,oh and guess what,situation won't change,at least soon.

Yeah L2 forever was one of the best server ever imo ! And it is one server that had the qualities to last longer in time than the actual server because it was so long to get full geared !

I would love so much to see one of these server coming back ! We need to call the admin back, plus they could make so much money with these servers !

1 hour ago, Jon78 said:

Yeah L2 forever was one of the best server ever imo ! And it is one server that had the qualities to last longer in time than the actual server because it was so long to get full geared !

I would love so much to see one of these server coming back ! We need to call the admin back, plus they could make so much money with these servers !

"was"? It's still one of the best games. There are servers like l2elite (c4) from 2004 that still you can't enter in Aden from lag.

Some idiots who grew up and can't find time to play can't define if a game is old and its time passed. 

DotA is one of the oldest games and so many new games copy paste after it came out. Still download gameranger or RGC and you will find 7.000 - 12.000 people playing just in these platform.

12 minutes ago, Kara` said:

l2elite (c4) from 2004 that still you can't enter in Aden from lag.

That's not really true. Elite is not that populated. It has a solid online count but nothing insane and not as high as it used to be. Around the 400-500 real players mark peak.

25 minutes ago, Kara` said:

"was"? It's still one of the best games.

Was talking about L2 Forever Aprilon Dynasty

17 minutes ago, baksteen said:

I still have contact to Anima (Owner) of l2forever.

Would be so aweome, Anima was few years ago talking about reopening it but in fact it did not happened

even if any of those servers relaunched today with 100% copy paste of their old files they'd die in a month, 2 months max, same as any server which launches atm

problem isn't the servers it's the playerbase, for all the talk of wanting long term servers on here and other forums, vast majority of players just won't stay on a server long term regardless of what the server is

and you'll say "nooo it's just no one makes long term focus servers" yeah? well l2extreme l2forever l2revenge etc etc etc weren't long-term focus servers, they had donations for +++ they had titanium and other customs all which are 100% unacceptable to players today, they had nothing which was there to keep players interested beyond what was already in the game (castle sieges, olympiad, pvp)

if any of those servers relaunched today they'd be called corrupt money grab starwars servers, get a few k players cuz of nostalgia and die after first olympiad season like ALL projects do today

welcome to lineage2

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anarchy said:

even if any of those servers relaunched today with 100% copy paste of their old files they'd die in a month, 2 months max, same as any server which launches atm

problem isn't the servers it's the playerbase, for all the talk of wanting long term servers on here and other forums, vast majority of players just won't stay on a server long term regardless of what the server is

and you'll say "nooo it's just no one makes long term focus servers" yeah? well l2extreme l2forever l2revenge etc etc etc weren't long-term focus servers, they had donations for +++ they had titanium and other customs all which are 100% unacceptable to players today, they had nothing which was there to keep players interested beyond what was already in the game (castle sieges, olympiad, pvp)

if any of those servers relaunched today they'd be called corrupt money grab starwars servers, get a few k players cuz of nostalgia and die after first olympiad season like ALL projects do today

welcome to lineage2

Yeah you might be right but at least, it would be 2 mouth of pure nostalgia and fun ! I'd sign for it right now

20 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

That's not really true. Elite is not that populated. It has a solid online count but nothing insane and not as high as it used to be. Around the 400-500 real players mark peak.

When i rejoined for fan and played i didn't see 400-500 real players. There were at least 200+ people in varka - 50-100 (clans) in blazing swamp and each main town (aden-giran-goddard) so many players (except stores) that u couldnt walk. So in total it should go easily up to 1000-1200 people back in 2014. 

Left elite when my clan left me for 5 sec and i died with PK and a br picked my +25 arcane acu that i paid 540 euro.

Asterios has real 15k+ online at rush hours. I mean yeah, it's Russian server, but it's usually the first one I mention when someone says L2 is RIP.

Also I agree with folks that the "oldschool" servers have very little chance of success these days, unless very heavily advertised... The future of EU servers lies in Classic and Bloody Classic servers. It's only a matter of time until both server owners and players jump on the Classic hype wagon.

52 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

Mate I'm actively playing. It doesn't have anything near that number. Not even close.

When did you play? 2007-2010-2015-2017? when exactly cause i remember whenever i go i found people everywhere, even in antharas lair it had people to play pvp constantly

Just now, Elfocrash said:

I was there when the Chinese got banned up until 2012 and then I was on and off as I am now. Back in the day, yes it was insanely populated. Not anymore. That's all I'm saying.

Yes afcourse not like then. I remember elite back then u couldn't play from lag. They had so much people they never cared for site and they had this shit site always. Nowadays its even updated (added dino island new armor e.t.c) but still for a c4 server the amount of people for 2019 is massive and the money he move also. I never gave back then even 1 euro for games still i donated 500+ euro for items. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2019 at 8:08 AM, Jon78 said:

Do we have any chance of playing one of those server again or any chance to have this type of server again ? L2 extreme, Forever, mxc etc...

ofc  silent still alive

https://l2oldskool.org/

atm that is the only original who survived